Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 05:13 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Well...I’ll admit that SL will absorb faster...BUT...homeopathy is a minute amount of whatever..diluted so many times there actually is no active ingredient left..

As for energy. SORRY don’t buy that..
Yes, homeopathy is based on a different paradigm than western medicine. No active ingredient is needed, only its energy signature. The body recognizes the energy signature and responds to it.

Mainstream science acknowledges that everything is energy. That would include the human body. Therefore energy manipulation and healing is not only theoretically possible, but in practice it is quite efficient and effective.

Acupuncture, Reiki, and homeopathy are each examples of energy manipulation. Each affects energy in the body, allowing healing to occur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, you know pretty soon if it's working. I remember one time I went to a naturalpath jerk guy for homeopathy. (Back when I had it work so dramatically, the remedy had been given to me by an MD.) But I was so impressed with homeopathy that I thought this guy would be ok. Turned out he was clueless. There seems to be an art to it, just like with other medicine and this guy didn't have it.

This guy was the type who just goes by the book. He gave me something and when I took it at home that night I became very uncomfortable and agitated. I don't remember the rest, but it was awful and I couldn't wait for it to finally wear off. Then I went to a different practitioner and they couldn't believe that guy had given me that remedy and told me never, ever to take it again.

So it can have bad effects if you take a remedy that is wrong for you.
Yes, it does seem to be as much an art as a science, and requires considerable study and practice.

I tried a couple of times to guess at a remedy, and had experiences like yours. I used to take arnica on the rare occasions that I got a headache, and it always worked well. Then one time I had a headache but it was slightly different, like maybe it was due to sinus congestion or something. I took the arnica and I felt very weird and uncomfortable AND my headache didn't go away. Obviously it was the wrong remedy for that particular situation.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:21 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
Yes, homeopathy is based on a different paradigm than western medicine. No active ingredient is needed, only its energy signature. The body recognizes the energy signature and responds to it.

Mainstream science acknowledges that everything is energy. That would include the human body. Therefore energy manipulation and healing is not only theoretically possible, but in practice it is quite efficient and effective.

Acupuncture, Reiki, and homeopathy are each examples of energy manipulation. Each affects energy in the body, allowing healing to occur.
You seem to be very knowledgeable. It's too bad that mainstream science can't prove that homeopathy works. Maybe they just don't have the tools yet to be able to design a study to see if it works. And when they do study it, they probably are using the same remedy on everyone. As we know, it's very individualized so their study is flawed before it even begins.

I tried Reiki once because a neighbor said she would do it for free. It was embarrassing because nothing happened and I was afraid to say so. Then, toward the end, I did feel something, some sort of energy. But if I hadn't felt anything, I was going to be honest and say so. I mean, I have no dog in this race.

Another energy type thing that definitely works is applied kinesiology. I had it done once by Harvard's complementary medicine division. I thought it was probably just another way for them to make money but the staff there said, No! Some of them had tried it and said it was amazing. So I caved in and made an appointment to see if the guy could fix my neck pain. You just lie there and he finds pressure points all over and talks to you and gets you talking, IIRC. Some time into the treatment, I starting crying over something I was talking about. He said to keep talking and he kept pressing that particular area. That made me cry and sob. It wasn't my neck either that he was pressing. But when he was done (and I was done crying), the neck pain was gone.

At the end, I sat up and looked at him, like WTH?? I know the neck pain never came back. Somehow he had brought a very painful emotional experience to the surface, maybe he changed it from emotional to physical, I don't know. Maybe he changed it from emotional to energy. Whatever it is, it definitely CAN work with the right practitioner, someone who really knows how.

I hope Harvard is still running this complementary medicine division because there is so much to learn and so much to offer to people who cannot otherwise be helped or who would be on medication for the rest of their lives. Harvard had some really great doctors from all over the world staffing this particular place. I don't remember if they had a good homeopath though, lol.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You seem to be very knowledgeable. It's too bad that mainstream science can't prove that homeopathy works. Maybe they just don't have the tools yet to be able to design a study to see if it works. And when they do study it, they probably are using the same remedy on everyone. As we know, it's very individualized so their study is flawed before it even begins.

I tried Reiki once because a neighbor said she would do it for free. It was embarrassing because nothing happened and I was afraid to say so. Then, toward the end, I did feel something, some sort of energy. But if I hadn't felt anything, I was going to be honest and say so. I mean, I have no dog in this race.

Another energy type thing that definitely works is applied kinesiology. I had it done once by Harvard's complementary medicine division. I thought it was probably just another way for them to make money but the staff there said, No! Some of them had tried it and said it was amazing. So I caved in and made an appointment to see if the guy could fix my neck pain. You just lie there and he finds pressure points all over and talks to you and gets you talking, IIRC. Some time into the treatment, I starting crying over something I was talking about. He said to keep talking and he kept pressing that particular area. That made me cry and sob. It wasn't my neck either that he was pressing. But when he was done (and I was done crying), the neck pain was gone.

At the end, I sat up and looked at him, like WTH?? I know the neck pain never came back. Somehow he had brought a very painful emotional experience to the surface, maybe he changed it from emotional to physical, I don't know. Maybe he changed it from emotional to energy. Whatever it is, it definitely CAN work with the right practitioner, someone who really knows how.

I hope Harvard is still running this complementary medicine division because there is so much to learn and so much to offer to people who cannot otherwise be helped or who would be on medication for the rest of their lives. Harvard had some really great doctors from all over the world staffing this particular place. I don't remember if they had a good homeopath though, lol.
I think mainstream science might get there eventually, but without a financial incentive it will be a quite a while. Follow the money, and all that. It's more likely that once a clearer understanding of energy is obtained, it will then be better understood how these methods work and they won't be seen as "woo-woo" or even alternative.

I had a couple of meh experiences with Reiki until a friend of mine told me about a Brennan graduate. This woman was head and shoulders above any Reiki I had had previously. In addition to being a Brennan grad, she was also a Reiki master and had schooling/experience in other energy modalities as well. She drew on all that knowledge and experience, using her innate sensitivity to energies, to identify and shift blockages in both the physical and emotional bodies. She encouraged me to talk while she was working on me to address the components of the blockages. Based on my experiences with her, I would not hesitate to engage a Brennan school graduate again in the future.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:35 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Oh it sure does work and my daughter has had a shocking SURPRISE with the HGH homeopathic she's working with as it's reversed over 18 yrs of anemia. I hope to make a post about this soon.
I've found so much info on the Pituitary Master Gland and anemia.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-20-2019 at 07:55 PM..

Old 08-15-2019, 10:34 PM

A life saving story with homeopathy:

https://homeopathyplus.com/homeopath...-my-sons-life/

Old 08-16-2019, 05:21 AM

233 posts, read 155,242 times
Default Roger Daltry's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
A life saving story with homeopathy:

https://homeopathyplus.com/homeopath...-my-sons-life/

I never new, and it was a nice story. AND I wanted to say that another who is rarely heard of and could

afford any kind of healthcare in the world was John D. Rockefeller, who created the Standard oil Empire, had a homeopathic physician and lived into his 90's. AND

His son David, also had one and lived to 101yo, not bad for a method of healing who the opposition tried to quash in the early 1800's and failed.....

Old 08-16-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
I never new, and it was a nice story. AND I wanted to say that another who is rarely heard of and could

afford any kind of healthcare in the world was John D. Rockefeller, who created the Standard oil Empire, had a homeopathic physician and lived into his 90's. AND

His son David, also had one and lived to 101yo, not bad for a method of healing who the opposition tried to quash in the early 1800's and failed.....

Oh yes, and there are plenty of naysayers today who do all they can to attack this old and effective remedy and cheap...so many so brainwashed by big pharma pricey drugs and their damage.

I use so many types remedies and this works for me. Even a couple pharma meds.

Another big topic here is the shingles and there is a major group who are sold on the shots, I am not but instead to keep my immune system strong. And that works for me and I believe it will continue. Here is some info on shingles and homeopathy.

https://www.homeopathycenter.org/hom...eople-shingles

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-16-2019 at 11:16 AM..

Old 08-16-2019, 01:52 PM

233 posts, read 155,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh yes, and there are plenty of naysayers today who do all they can to attack this old and effective remedy and cheap...so many so brainwashed by big pharma pricey drugs and their damage.

I use so many types remedies and this works for me. Even a couple pharma meds.

Another big topic here is the shingles and there is a major group who are sold on the shots, I am not but instead to keep my immune system strong. And that works for me and I believe it will continue. Here is some info on shingles and homeopathy.

https://www.homeopathycenter.org/hom...eople-shingles

Well it's nice to see folks getting something out of it, too bad many are stuck in a rut, and fear going elsewhere, and just wont budge as you noticed as well.

And for those who never knew or even thought about it, my retired Holistic dentist friend ,who never worked on me, sprung into action like she was on a mission, found me a Holistic dentist, to remove the root canals I had, I never knew they were unhealthy.

But what really impressed me was the teeny-tiny pains med she gave me after, and I took as directed, and as the numbing shot wore off, the tiny pills took over, I felt no pain at all, none!

AND after going to a regular dentist, I know pain and traditional pain meds goofiness and danger to drive a car, this is a superior product. I just feel so dumb for not knowing for so long.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:07 PM

Oh there are many who are convinced their way is the way to go. And many who go the opposite ways to healing, for the most part.. And those on the fence about their healing methods.

It took some yrs for my convictions and some tough stuff, but I've gotten to where I am supposed to be as I know myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine