Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 06:24 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
But what really impressed me was the teeny-tiny pains med she gave me after, and I took as directed, and as the numbing shot wore off, the tiny pills took over, I felt no pain at all, none!

Awesome! What was the pain med she gave you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 09:22 PM

233 posts, read 155,218 times
Default Pain meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Awesome! What was the pain med she gave you?

hand written on the small envelope was
arnica
ruta
hypericum

but I don't know what the ratio of each were....and I don't know if that 's a standard or her own blend !

Old 08-16-2019, 09:57 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
WebMD

I use Arnica internally and externally about every day and I'm still here to talk about it, very much alive.

Like cures Like...that is homeopathy. Minute, microdosing.

It's amazing how many are so interested in attacking this medicine but continue to want to discuss it on their terms. Homeopathy has been around for over 200 yrs and gets more popular in our country all the time. People just don't want to understand it and they are convinced what they want to use is OK and that is OK with me.

History of Homeopathy

This got me thinking about a pharmacist friend who is now retired and he's probably 70's, took supplements years ago and I'd bet he still does and would not doubt if Link takes some homeompathics. I'd wager many pharmacists do and probably MD's too.

There are homeopathics for EVERYTHING, and I posted in the supplements about the coffee remedies for insomnia, here again like cures like.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-16-2019 at 10:16 PM..

Old 08-16-2019, 10:02 PM

1,499 posts, read 885,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We are not talking about the placebo effect here. We're talking about homeopathy, although, as with so many other things the placebo effect is possible here too. Yes, it is usually sublingual. I was given three tiny white pellets by my MD and a bottle with six more for later on. I thought it was SO stupid. Until it worked. And the second dose made my legs hurt even less. After the last dose, my legs didn't hurt at all.

However, I've never had much other success with homeopathy. There are so few practitioners who really know how to use it that you are on your own with it a lot and then it's hit or miss. I tried a few on my own and nothing happened except with a little bottle of Calms Forte. That's one of the combo formulas and it's for sleep.

It was working for me so I thought I'd see what it did to a friend of mine. I left a bottle of it with her and told her to take it later on and let me know how it made her feel. It knocked her out/put her to sleep and the next day she wanted to know what on earth that was! She said, whatever it was, you need to be near a bed when you take it, lol.

She had never even heard of homeopathy.

The only other time homeopathy worked for me was when that jerk gave me a remedy that wasn't right for me. That was awful. I was hoping to feel better but (I can't quite remember, long time ago) I think it only made my symptoms worse until it wore off.

There's really a lot to know. They have to interview the person and find out what type they are. The word they use is "constitution." Based upon that general view, they will narrow it down to a few remedies that could address your problem. But so few people are well trained that it's rare to actually get anyone who really knows what they're doing. My woman MD specialized in women's health and that's why she knew what to give me after the gyno wrongly put me on estrogen. Even my regular MD couldn't figure out why my legs were killing me. My woman MD said it was inflammation of the connective tissue. Maybe there's some other mainstream way of fixing it, but my regular MD didn't know, so I was just stuck with it.

That's about all I know but I do wish more people were trained, really really educated in the usage of homeopathy. It's a nice gentle, quick way of stimulating your body into fixing what ails it. Like cures like--sort of the same way allergy shots work--your body will react positively if the right remedy is right.

Re placebo effect....yes I knew you were not referring to it....then when I learned you were taking thing SL...yes sure the absorption of anything given that route gets to the brain very fast..

My example about placebo effect in my early years as a nurse....amazingly I saw many many patients respond to injections of saline or sugar pills! Yep placebo effect is real

Old 08-18-2019, 08:22 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,554,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
WebMD

I added, it did not quote properly: Arnica montana
The botulinum toxin is also death. Or Botox, now being used for migraines, besides the already accepted useage for wrinkles... Many medicines used today are derived from "poisonous" plants, bacteria, viruses, (even sea snake venom) etc.
When altered moderately, they are cures. This was even known in the past history of humankind. Used in moderation, some things thought to be a posion, can become a cure.

Vaccines are usually moderated cells of the virus or bacteria itself.

Last edited by TerraDown; 08-18-2019 at 09:08 AM..

Old 08-19-2019, 07:07 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
hand written on the small envelope was
arnica
ruta
hypericum

but I don't know what the ratio of each were....and I don't know if that 's a standard or her own blend !

Arnica Montana is very popular and helps with bruising and pain, we always keep it on hand in both the Boiron blue tube pellets 30C and in a cream that can be applied topically.

I have Ruta but don't know if I've ever used it.

Hypericum Perforatum is used for nerve pain - for example, I used it when my fingers were smashed in a car door. We keep this on hand as well.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:05 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
When I had cancer surgery, the surgeon used Arnica on me before the surgery. I have no idea if that's why I had no pain or bruising. This surgeon was one of those who is ahead of his time and was able to think outside the box. I guess that's why he was able to develop this new type of cancer surgery which is now much more widely available than it was back then.

I do with they could do more studies on homeopathy. Most are poorly done, if done at all. We're wasting a lot of good by looking the other way and claiming that homeopathy is fake and just because it hasn't been proven, then it can't work. They like to claim that when it works it's just the placebo effect, as if the people who have benefited from it are stupid or just imagining it. But the placebo effect only works short term, I think. Yet some people have been cured long term. (Actually, I was cured long term from the effects of a medication that my regular MD couldn't figure out what to do about.)

Qualified people still need to be studying homeopathy and learning it so this knowledge isn't lost.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:04 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Many of these healing methods can be studied quite easily for self-treatment. Of course, there is a lot to learn to get really good at it, but much can be done with a little knowledge as long as you listen to your body and take it slowly and methodically. These days there are often courses online many of which are free.

Another one I like is Gary Craig's EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) emofree.com which uses statements along with the acupuncture points on face and upper body to effect cures. Mainly used for fears and emotional issues but it works well and is long-lasting when the issue is addressed properly.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:34 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Many of these healing methods can be studied quite easily for self-treatment. Of course, there is a lot to learn to get really good at it, but much can be done with a little knowledge as long as you listen to your body and take it slowly and methodically. These days there are often courses online many of which are free.

Another one I like is Gary Craig's EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) emofree.com which uses statements along with the acupuncture points on face and upper body to effect cures. Mainly used for fears and emotional issues but it works well and is long-lasting when the issue is addressed properly.
I'm pretty sure we have a EFT (tapping) thread here and I don't begin my day without a tapping session, every morning when I do my stretches. Both stretches and tapping are a big part of my healing.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:11 PM

233 posts, read 155,218 times
Default Tapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm pretty sure we have a EFT (tapping) thread here and I don't begin my day without a tapping session, every morning when I do my stretches. Both stretches and tapping are a big part of my healing.

I had forgot all about, my friend told me of it right after the stroke, but my brain was not yet up to speed.
I did visit the sight but so much to do, it got lost in the middle of everything else.

FoodBabe dot com and Tapping dot com are my new places to pay attention to.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine