Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:10 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
It is tragic how children are being drugged now. Sometimes just because they can't sit still for hours on end.

And vaccines definitely need to be studied. It may only be a minority of children who are vulnerable because of intestinal bacteria problems. But now the microbiome is finally being researched by mainstream medical science (after alternative medical practitioners had known about it for decades!) Now, if only the pro-vaccine hysteria could die down, maybe the vaccine - microbiome connection could be studied.

Then maybe these children could be screened and protected from the terrible isolation and disability of autism.

But other vaccine problems should be studied also. Intestinal bacteria have only been acknowledged and studied relatively recently. It is an enormous field to be explored. How vaccines, antibiotics, and whatever else, interact with these bacteria will hopefully be better understood in the future.
It all goes back to drug companies brainwashing the MD's. Profits before people. Don't see when that will ever change.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:12 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,542,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The "effects" have nothing to do with eggs. As guido said, they are part of the immune response to the vaccine. They are the same (though milder) symptoms you would have with an actual infection and also happen with vaccines not produced in eggs, such as Flublok, for which headache, fatigue, and muscle aches are the most common side effects.
Sorry susyq, yes they do. If you are allergic to eggs and you get the vaccine NOT grown in eggs, then those “effects” dont appear. According to your answer, if you dont get those “effects” then what? The vaccine doesnt work since according to you there would be no immune response?
Go ask someone who is allergic to eggs.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:08 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Sorry susyq, yes they do. If you are allergic to eggs and you get the vaccine NOT grown in eggs, then those “effects” dont appear. According to your answer, if you dont get those “effects” then what? The vaccine doesnt work since according to you there would be no immune response?
The "effects" are not symptoms of an allergy, and the "effects" also happen with the flu vaccine not produced with eggs.

It is not necessary to get the "effects" for the vaccine to work. Some people get them; some do not.

Flublok is made without using eggs:

https://www.fda.gov/downloads/biolog.../ucm524684.pdf

" In adults 18 through 49 years of age, the most common (≥10%) injection-site reactions were tenderness (48%) and pain (37%); the most common (≥10%) solicited systemic adverse reactions were headache (20%), fatigue (17%), myalgia [muscle aches] (13%) and arthralgia [joint pain](10%). (6.1)
 In adults 50 years of age and older, the most common (≥10%) injection site reactions were tenderness (34%) and pain (19%); the most common (≥10%) solicited systemic adverse reactions were headache (13%) and fatigue 12%). (6.1)"

So 80% to 90% do not get the fatigue and aches and pains.

Allergies cause rashes, usually hives, and if severe can proceed to anaphylaxis with trouble breathing, shock, and sometimes death if not treated quickly.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
As I see it, it's the OP's convictions and not about eggs but about vaccines period. Years ago I worked in a school and the two children not vaccinated were the healthiest boys on the campus. Told me something way back then. Their parents were chiropractors. The students of medical doctors, were sadly drugged. I've told this story...but here I've digressed...
Confirmation bias.

Quote:
Actually, the CDC has recently changed its recommendations on egg allergy and flu vaccine.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vacc...-allergies.htm
It's a long article with lots of Q and A; here is the summary:
"Most flu shots and the nasal spray flu vaccine are manufactured using egg-based technology. Because of this, they contain a small amount of egg proteins, such as ovalbumin. However, studies that have examined the use of both the nasal spray vaccine and flu shots in egg-allergic and non-egg-allergic patients indicate that severe allergic reactions in people with egg allergies are unlikely. A recent CDC study found the rate of anaphylaxis after all vaccines is 1.31 per one million vaccine doses given."

Old 08-17-2018, 01:10 PM

The hospital was willing to give my daughter the non egg vaccine. No side effects. No severe headache, no muscle aches, no fever etc etc. all,effects she had had with every flu vaccine.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
The hospital was willing to give my daughter the non egg vaccine. No side effects. No severe headache, no muscle aches, no fever etc etc. all,effects she had had with every flu vaccine.
I'm glad she got a flu shot. I will say, some of the lack of symptoms was probably confirmation bias.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
That still does not mean the egg had anything to do with the symptoms she had, which are not symptoms of an egg allergy.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
Even if you got your license, most hospitals require that everyone who works there get a flu shot. Do you have to do a practicum before you can be independently licensed>

Old 08-17-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That still does not mean the egg had anything to do with the symptoms she had, which are not symptoms of an egg allergy.
Funny how the hospital and the drs disagreed with you. But I forgot, big pharma can do no wrong.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Funny how the hospital and the drs disagreed with you. But I forgot, big pharma can do no wrong.
Whatever you want to believe is fine with me. Plenty of people who are not allergic to eggs get a day or two of headaches, muscle aches, and fatigue after a flu vaccination. It is not an allergic reaction to eggs.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20372115
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine