Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 01:50 PM

8,573 posts, read 8,588,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Stay away from india.

Brail would do well by strengthening it relationship with the rest of Latin America.
For Brazil to assert the fact that its global it must form global alliances. While we speak the USA is courting India as is the UK. Germany and France are is courting China.

What Brazil must not do is peddle propaganda developed by Xi. That is my concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 08:09 AM

1,010 posts, read 900,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Latin America is more developed than many Americans think. Sao Paulo is every bit as sophisticated as NYC, Chicago and LA. In fact its all combined with double the population too.

That all American beer, Budweiser is owned by a company dominated by Brazilian Ambev. American Airlines uses Embraer planes. I bet most flying them on domestic routes swear that these are US made!

This is why I insist that Brazilmust quit is passive aggressive inward looking attitude and assert itself on the global stage. Yes this will mean joining with China and India to make North America and Europe listen. But They also dance with dictators when it suits their purpose.
The big problem is that Brazilians, as you can see, sympathize and identify with the West, (Europe and the USA) obviously because they are Western culturally and in terms of values.

but Westerners do not see Brazil as an ally because it is a developing country, many think that the West is also synonymous of developed countries.

Disappointed Brazil ends up getting closer to the BRICS in some moments.

Brazilians will never accept close alliances with authoritarian regimes beyond business.

In fact, Brazil needs to continue fixing its own house and developing itself, before wanting to play to be a world power, the best scenario is to remain neutral doing business with both blocks

Old 09-27-2023, 11:03 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,051,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Latin America is more developed than many Americans think. Sao Paulo is every bit as sophisticated as NYC, Chicago and LA. In fact its all combined with double the population too.

That all American beer, Budweiser is owned by a company dominated by Brazilian Ambev. American Airlines uses Embraer planes. I bet most flying them on domestic routes swear that these are US made!

This is why I insist that Brazilmust quit is passive aggressive inward looking attitude and assert itself on the global stage. Yes this will mean joining with China and India to make North America and Europe listen. But They also dance with dictators when it suits their purpose.
Ok? Brazilians also aren’t flooding into America.

Old 09-27-2023, 11:04 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,051,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
The big problem is that Brazilians, as you can see, sympathize and identify with the West, (Europe and the USA) obviously because they are Western culturally and in terms of values.

but Westerners do not see Brazil as an ally because it is a developing country, many think that the West is also synonymous of developed countries.

Disappointed Brazil ends up getting closer to the BRICS in some moments.

Brazilians will never accept close alliances with authoritarian regimes beyond business.

In fact, Brazil needs to continue fixing its own house and developing itself, before wanting to play to be a world power, the best scenario is to remain neutral doing business with both blocks
Pretty sure most Americans would see Brazil as an ally.

Personally I don’t think we should have any, but if we do, Brazil is probably as good as any.

And I agree with your last paragraph/statement. I wish america took this advice (even though we aren’t “developing” anymore)

Old 03-22-2024, 06:46 AM

4,005 posts, read 6,868,818 times
Quote:
Indian opposition claim ‘conspiracy’ as Delhi chief minister arrested

Aam Aadmi party leader Arvind Kejriwal is held as part of corruption case a month before elections
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ested-in-india

Democracy in India is dying.

Brazil has to get the hell out of this "club" before our democracy is the next to die as well. We don't want "prosperity" without freedom.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:17 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,052,396 times
Democracy in general is struggling across the world. Brazil is not exactly swimming against the current here. I think that BRICS is a joke for many reasons, but loving on authoritarianism isn't exactly uncommon right now.

Old 03-28-2024, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
Democracy in general is struggling across the world. Brazil is not exactly swimming against the current here. I think that BRICS is a joke for many reasons, but loving on authoritarianism isn't exactly uncommon right now.
Sadly true...

Old Today, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ested-in-india

Democracy in India is dying.

Brazil has to get the hell out of this "club" before our democracy is the next to die as well. We don't want "prosperity" without freedom.

Democracy in India got a relief:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...cracy-in-india
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas