Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,891,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Warptman - interested in how they are the same... Other than the fact they are cities in the USA...
We really need a joke font
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,122,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
word.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 PM

106 posts, read 184,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1.clarke View Post
Hey, I'm moving from Miami to Anchorage. Most people ask me why, but in reality I cannot stand Miami and the state of mind that most people are in. If Anchorage is similar to Miami please let me know. But I am 20 years old, and I will be living on my own. I want to know how much money I should have saved up, best time to move, nice places to stay, and cool things to do. I am interested in a lot of things and I want to know are the people friendly. In Miami people act like they are too good to talk to you or acknowledge your presence, is it the same here? And can you truly make friends? How is the winter? And is it better to have cars? I just want to know what to expect! And also my job field is massage therapy if you could tell me how the job market is that would be great!
Anchorage has become a very expensive community in which to live. If you are thinking of renting in a safe area, count on spending at LEAST $900/month not including heat and utilities. You will definitely need a car. I would suggest checking out the state's website - www.alaska.gov
That should give you a good feel for the state as a whole. Good luck!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,180,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
/sarc works for me

Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,703,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Anchorage and Miami are almost the same, but different.
It's the water. They are both on the water. The same but different.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:32 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,528,319 times
Ahh. yes, has to be the water... Can't be the weather, people, quality of life, lay of the land (mountains), languages spoken, traffic, food, how nice everyone is, costs, or anything else for that matter.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:07 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,703,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Ahh. yes, has to be the water... Can't be the weather, people, quality of life, lay of the land (mountains), languages spoken, traffic, food, how nice everyone is, costs, or anything else for that matter.
If you took all that into consideration Miami really sucks compared to Anchorage.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 PM

868 posts, read 1,428,725 times
Still needing that joke font...

Actually, if you look at any US map, it should be clear why Alaska and Florida are similar. Alaska, is, after all, right off the coast of Arizona, at least most of the time. Sometimes it floats up towards SoCal, and sometimes it takes a dive down toward Texas. This clearly explains any odd fluctuations we may have in weather and general land mass.

Once in a while, you will see Alaska represented as a large appendage stuck to the great continent of Canada. Don't you believe it! It's a lie, and there should be laws against that kind of misrepresnentation.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:35 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,891,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
Still needing that joke font...

Actually, if you look at any US map, it should be clear why Alaska and Florida are similar. Alaska, is, after all, right off the coast of Arizona, at least most of the time. Sometimes it floats up towards SoCal, and sometimes it takes a dive down toward Texas. This clearly explains any odd fluctuations we may have in weather and general land mass.

Once in a while, you will see Alaska represented as a large appendage stuck to the great continent of Canada. Don't you believe it! It's a lie, and there should be laws against that kind of misrepresnentation.
I've actually met people who think Alaska is an island located off of the west coast.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,528,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If you took all that into consideration Miami really sucks compared to Anchorage.
And you don't know the half of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage