Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,173,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Easy for you to internet quarterback. I was in a dead sleep and the first thing I did when I woke up was grab my Glock 23. It was 0430 and I didn't think they were collecting for the Red Cross by trying to break in through the balcony slider. This was a motel room and I also had my wife to protect. Damn straight the Glock is the first thing I'm going to go to. I take self-preservation very seriously.
Dude. I'm not questioning your decision. Though going back and reading it, I can see where I might be misleading.

I'm talking about cali. Read his first threat. If someone busted in my living space, I'd use a weapon as well.

Then again my reflexes are so slow, I'd probably not be able to stop anyone from a dead sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
An alpha male doesn't have to tell people he's an alpha male.

An alpha male doesn't brag about how big his home is, his pistol, his bank account, or anything else. An alpha male doesn't have to denigrate another person, much less an entire people, in order to make himself look and feel bigger. He doesn't have to brag that he carries, what he carries, when he carries, where he carries, or, for god's sake, when and why he thinks he's going to use what he carries.

If you'd ever had to point a firearm at another human being you would not be bragging about 'what you're gonna do if,' and so on. It's a f***ing horrific thing that's precipitated by f***ing horrific events.
This. Exactly this.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
Yep ^^^ Also, it's been my observation that alphas are usually genuinely likeable people, which pretty much counts cali out. I don't think he's learned the difference between being an alpha and a bully.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-12-2017 at 09:58 PM..

Old 09-12-2017, 09:52 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,109,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
Dude. I'm not questioning your decision. Though going back and reading it, I can see where I might be misleading.

I'm talking about cali. Read his first threat. If someone busted in my living space, I'd use a weapon as well.

Then again my reflexes are so slow, I'd probably not be able to stop anyone from a dead sleep.
I understood what you meant... or, I think I did. AlaskaErik didn't go around posturing, shooting his mouth off, and making a bunch of threats before he did what needed to be done. He just....... did what needed to be done.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,109,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yep ^^^ Also, it's observation that alpha's are usually genuinely likeable people, which XXXXX XXXX counts cali out. I don't think he's learned the difference between being an alpha and a bully.
^I fixed it for you.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:16 PM

10,571 posts, read 7,781,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Wait... what?

You're the one who differentiated between points and facts, and your "fact" that natives are a "majority" of the homeless was shown to be false.

So, is that all you got?

Here's the only fact I've learned in this thread: CaliRestoration personifies the term "blowhard".

Old 09-12-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I understood what you meant... or, I think I did. AlaskaErik didn't go around posturing, shooting his mouth off, and making a bunch of threats before he did what needed to be done. He just....... did what needed to be done.
You understood correctly.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:52 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,871,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
Quyana!

Alpha!
You peasants better shiver
In fear of my quiver
I ain't got time for pee
You Natives ain't as good as me.
I come home to a nasty mess
5th avenue mall I like even less
That smell makes me gag
My disdain for you commoners never lags
I got lots of dough
I'll make sure that you all know.
I'm an alpha male
Unlike pee, My farts don't smell.
Mahsi shijyaa, I needed the laugh

Old 09-13-2017, 12:53 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,871,666 times
Quote:
100% agreed. Although I am going to dock AlaskaErik a half a point for specifying what kind of gun it was, this not being a detective novel, rap song, or police report. Sorry, AlaskaErik

Old 09-13-2017, 09:11 AM

10,571 posts, read 7,781,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
100% agreed. Although I am going to dock AlaskaErik a half a point for specifying what kind of gun it was, this not being a detective novel, rap song, or police report. Sorry, AlaskaErik
Ah, come on! James Bond, license to kill, wouldn't leave out that detail so why should any other alpha male?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage