Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,724 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I have a question to all the house owners on house I am trying to buy. I have zeroed in on the location and the builder but I have some concerns on the floor plan of the house.

The house is question has a lot of 6500 with a built up area of 2200

Mod Cut Link
I am trying to buy the Palm Cove - Amhurst plan however I have the following concerns

1. Two bed-rooms are adjacent to the Foyer by the entrance.
2. Both these bedrooms share a bath-room along with the rest of the family for the entire day.
I am wondering if there is any way where these two bedrooms can be moved around in the plan.
3. Between a choice of tiles/hard-wood does anyone have strong opinion. I am leaning towards tiles however I have never had it before.

Also I am looking to see if folks have an strong opinions for/against this.

I have some more questions but will post depending on the feedback I get.

Thanks in advance

Jaime

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 04-16-2012 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: Sorry, terms of service do not permit new poster links
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 AM

61,681 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I don't see it how and where you could move those two bedrooms around. This is a typical plan 3 bedrooms 2 baths. Since you don't have additional half bath, everyone incl. your guests will have to use that bathroom, except you move your laundry to the garage, and make a half bath in there.

If I had a choice, I would put in hardwood floors, but that depends on your home style and interior. (Everywhere, except the kitchen, bathrooms, foyer and utility)

Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
It would not be my favorite floorplan but keep in mind, you generally have very few options for customizing a home with mass home builders like this. Also, you do have a hallway separating the bedrooms from the foyer so that does help some. Personally I would be more concerned about the master bedroom opening into the kitchen then the two bedrooms by the foyer.

In Florida, if you have a pool, I would personally put in tile vs wood, but what I would probably really do is go with the newer vinyl tile flooring that you put in like ceramic tile (grout). It looks just like "real" tile but is much softer underfoot and would be more water resistant than wood.

I would prefer the Litchfield plan over the one you are considering-you can have a 4th bedroom with that and it is just better for resale down the road. You also eliminate the goofy room set up and have a separate living space over just a family room. Without basements in FL, I would want to have 2 living spaces on the main floor--one with a TV and can be a kid hangout and another where you could chat with adults while the kids do their thing in the family room, etc.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,064,388 times
That's a really odd floor plan. I can only figure there's a great view out the back and that's why the main living areas are back there?

I don't see the problem in 2 bedrooms sharing a "main" bath, unless your kids are in their rooms most of the time (instead of in the family room or dining room doing homework etc.). That is, if kids are in those bedrooms only at night, and you don't have a lot of guests at night, then there won't be any problems with that bathroom.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,684,678 times
There are some great tile choices on the market that look like hardwood. I see them in restaurants occasionally and just love them. That's what I am leaning towards next time I need flooring!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
Jamie

Who will be living there? Kids, etc.

To me it would be a great floor plan for two adults and even one child. If more then one child, I would look at how to get them upstairs, out of my way.

I like the master bath, private toilet room, tub, and separate shower layout.

Adults with no big dogs, then I would go with hardwood. Kids and pets I would go with tile.

I do not like the passage from garage to kitchen using two doors and passing down the hall. Pain when carrying groceries but not a deal breaker.

Also see if garage can have a storage area above it with pull down stairs for access.

If you will be maintaining the grounds then I might consider the 3rd garage option for equipment/tool storage.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 AM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
With most regional and/or national builders- the plan is the plan. They are not going to re-engineer a plan for a specific customer. Mainly because it costs them too much money to be profitable, and since it would be a contract to build- what happens when you walk away, or worse? They're stuck with a house they "can't sell".
For national and regional builders, the time it takes to make a "marketable plan" is about 2-3yrs.

So, for the public most choices fall in the color category- not structural.

Though very UNLIKELY, you'd probably stand a better chance of going to them with a plan to build than re-engineering a plan they already have.
House Plans, Home Plans, Floor Plans and Home Designs from the eplans.com House Plans Store | Garage Plans and Blueprints

Old 04-16-2012, 11:21 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Here's a link to the plan... palm cove amhurst plan

Homes for sale in Tampa - Visit Palm Cove in Wesley Chapel

Old 04-16-2012, 05:38 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
MOD

Why cut the link?

I saw it as valid questions, not a pump sunshine up ones butt buy here post.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:24 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Yes, the link was directly connected to the post-
It was cut because of the terms of service- Ultrarunner posted why at the bottom of the OP's post.
He also reposted the link on his own post.
Why the huff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum