Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,919,105 times

Advertisements

To acrylic:

Well, obviously I dont have the same opinions as you about weather/climate. I like places with 4 seasons, a mix of sunshine and clouds, mostly moderate temperatures, etc. Many people feel the same way I do with that while others feel like you.

Phoenix seems too hot and dry for me, as well as other things about the weather/climate I dont like but I can see how some would want to live there.

And there are people that are miserable in Phoenix, and it can even be weather/climate related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 11:44 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Imagine, I just left AZ and the heat (forever) I thought only to get heat blasted in Seattle two weeks later. I did return to AZ in December, as It was not to be in Washington. I miss it, but it just seems to be sunshine that makes me the happiest. Thank goodness for flagstaff right? BTW LordBalfor, do you live in AZ now or still in WA
No, we're still in Washington. We now have the house here on the market and have to play the "waiting game".
Flagstaff is too cold in the winter for me - while Phoenix etc is too hot in the summer. Fortunately SE Arizona - where we have our property - is JUST RIGHT (at least as far as we are concerned) - with summer highs typically in the low 90's and upper 80's and winter highs in the low 60's.

I can definitely understand why people love Seattle. It definitely IS a great place in a lot of ways - but after nearly 40 years (all my adult life) of living here, I'm ready to live in someplace with more WARMTH. I'm done with the cool, cloudy weather.

Ken

Old 07-18-2010, 11:49 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
LordBalfor, your house is just west of Benson, right? Besides the weather, that's a beautiful area.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
To Lordbalfor:

Looks like you just need a change of scenery and a change in type of weather, which makes sense.
That's pretty much right on target.
I REALLY want to live somewhere WARM - and my wife wants to live somewhere SUNNY.
Our land in Arizona fits the bill.

Ken

Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
LordBalfor, your house is just west of Benson, right? Besides the weather, that's a beautiful area.
Yup - In J-6 Ranchettes - south of I-10 about 10 minutes west of Benson and 40 minutes from downtown Tucson - with great mountain views in 3 directions (south to the Whetstones, west to the Santa Rita's, and north to the Rincons and Little Rincons).
We REALLY like the views. We can see FOREVER.

Ken

Old 07-19-2010, 12:14 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
Yeah, I like that area. When I lived in Vail, I'd often shop in Benson (at the Walmart). I prefered to take Old U.S. 80 (Marsh Station Rd) because of the scenery and history. If you've never explored that road, do so next time you're here. The bridge that crosses Cienega Creek is neat place--there's even the ruins of an old Butterfield Overland Mail station.

In Benson, Palatiamos is an excellent place to eat.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Yeah, I like that area. When I lived in Vail, I'd often shop in Benson (at the Walmart). I prefered to take Old U.S. 80 (Marsh Station Rd) because of the scenery and history. If you've never explored that road, do so next time you're here. The bridge that crosses Cienega Creek is neat place--there's even the ruins of an old Butterfield Overland Mail station.

In Benson, Palatiamos is an excellent place to eat.
Good tips - both of those. I will try BOTH of those out. I've not done either. Tried to Rep you but can't right now so this () will have to do.

Ken

Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
To acrylic:

Well, obviously I dont have the same opinions as you about weather/climate. I like places with 4 seasons, a mix of sunshine and clouds, mostly moderate temperatures, etc. Many people feel the same way I do with that while others feel like you.

Phoenix seems too hot and dry for me, as well as other things about the weather/climate I dont like but I can see how some would want to live there.

And there are people that are miserable in Phoenix, and it can even be weather/climate related.
oh i so understand i love seasons and miss them so much hopefull will have them so though

Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQp View Post
You should buy a swamp cooler apparently the cost is around 1/3 of AC...They typically don't work very well in July/August the hottest months of the year in AZ....still though as a green person i frown heavily on a utility bill of this size, we need better consumption education here in the USA. btw you can pick up one of these cheap on ebay, however it really need to be a rooftop unit and installed professionally!
no thank you, when its 125 heat index and or a 122 out side i do not want a swap cooler it will not work right in that weather, even the water from the hoses and sinks is nothing but hot water i will stick with my ac and my ac bills for now.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I believe you will find that 120+ is not that uncommon along the River - Yuma, Parker, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu.
it has reached a 120 + every summer we have been here so no its not rare in az by any means,one year it read 122+ outside for aweek straight. its always super hot in the summers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona