Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,719,454 times

Advertisements

Sierra Vista almost hit 90 but it rained, my best advice is head for the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM

83 posts, read 105,864 times
Yes,,humidity sucks, I'll take the dry heat on any day........I definately felt hotter back east at 90 degrees than here in AZ at 110!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 AM

18,481 posts, read 31,678,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbrotha100 View Post
I don't care how hot it gets, a hot summer in AZ is way better (in my opinion) than winter (or summer) in the Northeast.

I have never been to AZ, but I have been to Palm Springs several times at 112 degrees, and i can definetely agree with you. My sinus clear up, my pits don't sweat.....it is wonderful. desert climate is the best in the world.

Our summers here in brooklyn NY, are freaking awful, very very high humidity, makes you want to stay in a/c all the time, and then you feel like there was never a summer to enjoy because you are always inside.

then the winter comes and you are freezing and you are still inside.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,719,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKH777 View Post
Yes,,humidity sucks, I'll take the dry heat on any day........I definately felt hotter back east at 90 degrees than here in AZ at 110!
Sierra Vista AZ, isn't back east

Old 07-20-2012, 04:58 PM

10 posts, read 16,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKH777 View Post
Amen!!

Humidity is a you know what! I spent some time in Houston and Dallas once. Anyhow, it was early Spring and 80 degree days felt like 100! I'll stick to the Southwest and dry heat.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 AM

3,328 posts, read 2,277,821 times
Spent some time in Palm Springs long ago and was there one afternoon when they said it reached 125.

Moved to AZ in 1990 and still recall the 122 day in June; I was driving a black truck with no A/C and was out job hunting.

Now live in the far east Phx metro area and given my work schedule and telecommuting option, I usually just hide out at home until mid-October.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 PM

58 posts, read 189,132 times
What people in the mid-west may not realize is how long triple digit temps last out here. We don't have mild spring and fall seasons. Triples can start in Apr and rage through Oct. Come spend a full season first, not exactly shangri-la

Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,278,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I have never been to AZ, but I have been to Palm Springs several times at 112 degrees, and i can definetely agree with you. My sinus clear up, my pits don't sweat.....it is wonderful. desert climate is the best in the world.

Our summers here in brooklyn NY, are freaking awful, very very high humidity, makes you want to stay in a/c all the time, and then you feel like there was never a summer to enjoy because you are always inside.

then the winter comes and you are freezing and you are still inside.
Just because the sweat evaporates as fast as it leaves your body does not mean your not sweating. I'll take 97 in Michigan over 122 ANYWHERE. 122 is hot people stop acting like it's not. lol

Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,813,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Just because the sweat evaporates as fast as it leaves your body does not mean your not sweating. I'll take 97 in Michigan over 122 ANYWHERE. 122 is hot people stop acting like it's not. lol

122 happened over 20 years ago. You make it sound like every summer in Phoenix it's 120+ out. I could ask the same question as to why anyone would want to move to the N'east,it gets to -35 in the winter,that happened in 1981.

I can't understand why some make such a big deal about the weather in Az.,did you not realize you were moving to the desert? Just the other day here it was only 79 degrees out but the dew point was 75,those are pretty average dew points throughout the summers here.Sure we get breaks for a day or two but then it's rite back to the hot,wet soupy days.

We do have fantastic falls but winters can drag out from mid Nov-March. We've had some of the worst snowstorms in March with over a foot of snow,then it's rite to cold damp rainy April-May. By this point you're dying to open your windows and get outside but if you have allergies forget it because there's so much pollen flying around,if you leave your windows open everything inside will be covered in green pollen. Forget keeping your vehicle clean especially if it's black. Oh,I almost forgot the best part,fighting off the mosquitos,horse flies,gnats and worrying about getting lime disease from ticks! Sorry but I'll take your "miserable" hot sunny days anytime!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,278,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
122 happened over 20 years ago. You make it sound like every summer in Phoenix it's 120+ out. I could ask the same question as to why anyone would want to move to the N'east,it gets to -35 in the winter,that happened in 1981.

I can't understand why some make such a big deal about the weather in Az.,did you not realize you were moving to the desert? Just the other day here it was only 79 degrees out but the dew point was 75,those are pretty average dew points throughout the summers here.Sure we get breaks for a day or two but then it's rite back to the hot,wet soupy days.

We do have fantastic falls but winters can drag out from mid Nov-March. We've had some of the worst snowstorms in March with over a foot of snow,then it's rite to cold damp rainy April-May. By this point you're dying to open your windows and get outside but if you have allergies forget it because there's so much pollen flying around,if you leave your windows open everything inside will be covered in green pollen. Forget keeping your vehicle clean especially if it's black. Oh,I almost forgot the best part,fighting off the mosquitos,horse flies,gnats and worrying about getting lime disease from ticks! Sorry but I'll take your "miserable" hot sunny days anytime!
I'm not acting like anything. Sorry. So 110 is hot anywhere, that is a little more common right? Also I did not start the thread. The coldest day in Michigan was Feb 9th 1934 and it was -51 get it right lol That is cooooold!
My car and home have never been covered with pollen, flies and skeeters are nothing compared to scorpions, tarantula's, brown recluse, rattle snakes, gila monsters,brain eating amoeba and the list goes on. Brain eating amoeba? That is the freakiest EEEEK!!! Ever! Would keep me out of the lakes out there fo sho!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona