Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 AM

4 posts, read 19,431 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I have looked at several areas during the past few years, Kentucky & Tenn just to mention a couple, but my wife and I have basically decided on Az. as we are tired of the snow, ice and cold and also at the urging of my brother who lives near Surprise. We recently visited him to check out the Surprise area but it's a bit to congested for me. My father lived in Havasu for several years before his passing and we visited him a few times and we've considered there but I question the higher heat and constant tourist, plus the home prices seem higher there then Kingman so we do know a little, very little about the basic area. Not to go into great detail, but I'm one of the millions that basically was forced into early retirement, 62, due to plant closing and no decent work available especially for some one in their 60's so we are now on a fixed income with a little savings and looking for a place with decent weather, a relative low cost of living and real estate, hence Kingman plus if I'm going to live in the heat I want to be fairly close to water where I can get my boat out and fish. Anyway we plan and hope to get out there real soon and check the place out the best we can and hopefully make the right decision even tho the blank blank gas prices will make it on the expensive side to travel. Sorry didn't mean to be so windy :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,484,657 times
Yep this alert could have the potential to be a great time to stay indoors. Winds 30 to 40 mph gusting 60 to 70 MPH like hang onto your hat day.
Will start from the South Southwest and then toward evening it will switch around and get us from the North which can be quite chilly.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

OK, that's definitely a wind advisory any where, but what would be consider the normal wind / breeze mph in the area ?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 PM

Well lets see if this works Should be a attachment of the wind over the past few days.
Attached Files
File Type: txt wind events 03-05-12.txt (3.7 KB, 275 views)

Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM

19 posts, read 83,530 times
For me, I notice if the wind ISN'T blowing. I would say our normal wind speed is 10-15 mph on the days it isn't really whipping. As I have stated before, Kingman is a great town to retire in. You will enjoy the weather, the slow paced life and relatively low cost of living. Good luck!

Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 PM

Are there any other areas there that I should avoid other then the area you call Birdland ? I'm working with a realtor on line and would like to know where not to look. Thanks for any input.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 PM

13,248 posts, read 21,870,354 times
Not really. You should look everywhere, and choose according to your own criteria. The problems that you will find in even the worst neighborhoods in Kingman are absolutely nothing compared to the ghettos you will find in most larger cities.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 AM

Again I would have to agree with KDOG
You really need to be here in person to see what you are getting but I understand this is not always possible.
The house we are in was done while back east and closed while traveling cross country to Kingman.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,319 times
I visited kingman from Mn. To see what its like, saw a lot of poor run down shacks & some nice average homes too. Ate at the drive in, good food & good service by a young girl, very polite! Checked out some land & prefab. Homes. Drove around town, went to the museum, kool. Over all i liked it. Cheaper than Phoenix by far! Went to Oatman to see the ol' gohst town where a mock gun fight took place, went shopping. Ate at the saloon, fed the donkeys, becarefull on the way there as its very narrow, tight curvy road but great views. Also old route 66. Hope to move there. Theres a lot of out of state folks who live there that I met. I toured through Flagstaff, Phoenix, Lake Havisau, Oatman, Kingman, Stayed one week in Kingman. Purchased a pistol air pellet gun @ K-Mart. Saw a Road Runner, it stopped in front of my truck, got out to take a pic but it ran of very fast & got a picture of dust! Saw a racoon, a long eared rabbit. No snakes or scorpions though. Purchased some fireworks & indian jewelery.
Saw some guys having fun on dirt bikes, ATV's & 4x4's jumping over moguls. Im jealous of all the cool things you can do if you go look. Try it for yourself to see how like AZ.
GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by FLASH KRUIZER; 07-19-2012 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: had to make corrections & more to say.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 AM

286 posts, read 679,105 times
If you enjoy scenery,in every sense of the word<you will blown away by Kingman area,if you have never been out here.Visit first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona