Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 02:21 PM

673 posts, read 466,911 times
Well folks, after watching and reading how certain strains of cannabis can help soldiers with PDS..........then by all means make those guys felons (sarcasam) ...........The DEA is a bunch of dopes.

The entire anti cannabis issue was a fraud from the beginning. And the lie continues. Cannabis on the same level as heroin...........really? Cannabis....is a gateway drug?.......ya, to what?...........a double cheese burger?
These people are as dumb as a shrub.

And no, I don't smoke the stuff, I'm 66 and street wise and I know BS when I see it. Government fools
In California it will be voted in November. I'm almost sure it will pass. There is sooo much tax money to be made, Arizona isn't exactly a rich state........they need to think this out. I smoked with I was young. It didn't turn me into drug addict of any kind...............all my friend smoked, most are now lawyers or stock traders.

Quiz: How often have you seen two guys get into a fight after throwing back shots of Jack?
How many times have you seen two guys smoke a joint and get into a fight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 12:49 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,279,725 times
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...zona/89778892/

A recent poll indicates 50% of Arizona voters favor legalizing marijuana. Just as I stated before: the greatest support is among the younger voters, and the support declines among older voters. This could still go either way when the final election day votes are tallied, but it would likely pass if put to a vote now.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:13 PM

7,828 posts, read 4,574,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Poll: Half want to see marijuana legalized in Arizona

A recent poll indicates 50% of Arizona voters favor legalizing marijuana. Just as I stated before: the greatest support is among the younger voters, and the support declines among older voters. This could still go either way when the final election day votes are tallied, but it would likely pass if put to a vote now.
Middle-aged parents are now more likely to smoke weed than their teenaged kids:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...teenaged-kids/

Old 09-07-2016, 10:29 PM

Interesting piece in the Republic about a med dispensary opening in Scottsdale:

Scottsdale getting $1 million medical-marijuana store

The thing that caught my eye was an industry spokesman pointing out that the 1 million dollars dropped into refurbishing the facility went for things like carpet layers, electricians, permits and such, unlike the model in years past where that $1M would have been spirited away by a some guy selling weed out of the back of his car.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:07 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,969,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Interesting piece in the Republic about a med dispensary opening in Scottsdale:

Scottsdale getting $1 million medical-marijuana store

The thing that caught my eye was an industry spokesman pointing out that the 1 million dollars dropped into refurbishing the facility went for things like carpet layers, electricians, permits and such, unlike the model in years past where that $1M would have been spirited away by a some guy selling weed out of the back of his car.
Getting a head start should the prop pass, good move.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 PM

Hope I'm not wearing out my welcome but let's be clear about where some of the opposition is coming from per The Republic:

A Chandler pharmaceutical company made a $500,000 donation to the campaign opposing the legalization of marijuana for recreational use, making it the largest funder of the effort to defeat Proposition 205.

INSYS Therapeutics Inc. makes a fast-acting form of fentanyl that is sprayed under the tongue, and "may provide pain relief in as little as 5 minutes," according to its website. INSYS also touts on its website a "capability to develop pharmaceutical cannabinoids," the active components of the marijuana plant.

In a statement, Insys Therapeutics said it opposes Prop. 205 "because it fails to protect the safety of Arizona’s citizens, and particularly its children."

There's nothing further to be said.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:55 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,239,015 times
The Ole "just think about the children" angle is so damn tired.

Those that stand to loose the most have been the biggest resistance against the reformation of cannabis laws.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:50 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,731,512 times
Quote:
Hope I'm not wearing out my welcome but let's be clear about where some of the opposition is coming from per The Republic:

A Chandler pharmaceutical company made a $500,000 donation to the campaign opposing the legalization of marijuana for recreational use, making it the largest funder of the effort to defeat Proposition 205.

INSYS Therapeutics Inc. makes a fast-acting form of fentanyl that is sprayed under the tongue, and "may provide pain relief in as little as 5 minutes," according to its website. INSYS also touts on its website a "capability to develop pharmaceutical cannabinoids," the active components of the marijuana plant.

In a statement, Insys Therapeutics said it opposes Prop. 205 "because it fails to protect the safety of Arizona’s citizens, and particularly its children."

There's nothing further to be said.
Yep, the pain relief drug dealers (opioids and their synthetic cousins) are against weed as well as the makers of appetite enhancers and many others I'm sure.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:30 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,477,513 times
It's said many older voters are against this proposition. Anyone find this odd as most of the older voters now who vote are baby boomers who were teenagers and older in the 60's and 70's? I thought lots of people in that generation still smoke weed or at least think it should be legal/tolerated? Perhaps not after all.

Count me a bit confused.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:35 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,279,725 times
Quote:
I'm so tired of hearing all this rhetoric about protecting the children! The children's parents & other family members should be involved in their protection, not the rest of society. Why should I give two tenths of a dog's turd about somebody else's kids ... and why would legalizing marijuana have anything to do with the protection of Arizona's citizens? The opponents say legalization would create more addicts, which could be true ... however, other people's addictions are not my problem. If anything, the staunch opponents should wake up & realize that keeping these substances illegal hasn't stopped the addiction, and has created a huge underground market dominated by violent drug cartels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
It's said many older voters are against this proposition. Anyone find this odd as most of the older voters now who vote are baby boomers who were teenagers and older in the 60's and 70's? I thought lots of people in that generation still smoke weed or at least think it should be legal/tolerated? Perhaps not after all.
I believe it's because a good share of the Boomers who were young during the "sex, drugs, and rock & roll" era of the 1960s & '70s used these substances recreationally, but then they matured & realized how much drugs were messing up their lives. They're likely against legalization now due to the fear of widespread availability, addiction, and more pot heads running amok. What they fail to realize is how hypocritical this is because many of them experimented, but now they don't want others to have access. It's kind of the same concept as people who were wild & even criminal in their youth, but then they became "reborn" later in life & go around preaching morality to the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona