Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 11:39 PM

353 posts, read 414,561 times

Advertisements

Uurgh, you could not pay me to live in Kingman. It depresses me every time I drive through there. Every day it is windy. Lots of seedy parts in Kingman. We chose Lake Havasu City but now live in the Prescott area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 12:10 AM

59 posts, read 140,095 times
Actually that's another great thing about Kingman It's an easy drive to Lake Havasu to enjoy a day at the London Bridge. It is just to hot for me to live there. Prescott is also a great place to visit, but the housing has become unaffordable for some people. Love the location and affordability of Kingman. Close to Laughlin/Bullhead and Lake Havasu without the extreme heat. Henderson, Boulder City and Las Vegas are an hour and a half away. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for and what you can afford. Arizona is a beautiful state so wherever you end up you'll have great cities and towns to visit.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite60 View Post
Uurgh, you could not pay me to live in Kingman. It depresses me every time I drive through there. Every day it is windy. Lots of seedy parts in Kingman. We chose Lake Havasu City but now live in the Prescott area.
Actually it is NOT windy everyday. The mountains and abundant sunshine are beautiful not depressing to me. This is interesting It is actually also windy in Chino Valley/Prescott Granite60

The average hourly wind speed in Chino Valley experiences significant seasonal variation over the course of the year.

The windier part of the year lasts for 8.1 months, from November 1 to July 5, with average wind speeds of more than 7.6 miles per hour. The windiest day of the year is April 11, with an average hourly wind speed of 9.1 miles per hour.

The calmer time of year lasts for 3.9 months, from July 5 to November 1. The calmest day of the year is August 12, with an average hourly wind speed of 6.1 miles per hour.

The average hourly wind speed in Prescott experiences mild seasonal variation over the course of the year.

The windier part of the year lasts for 8.1 months, from November 3 to July 6, with average wind speeds of more than 7.4 miles per hour. The windiest day of the year is April 11, with an average hourly wind speed of 8.7 miles per hour.

The calmer time of year lasts for 3.9 months, from July 6 to November 3. The calmest day of the year is August 14, with an average hourly wind speed of 6.1 miles per hour.

The average hourly wind speed in Kingman experiences mild seasonal variation over the course of the year.

The windier part of the year lasts for 5.3 months, from February 3 to July 13, with average wind speeds of more than 8.2 miles per hour. The windiest day of the year is April 9, with an average hourly wind speed of 9.1 miles per hour.

The calmer time of year lasts for 6.6 months, from July 13 to February 3. The calmest day of the year is August 24, with an average hourly wind speed of 7.3 miles per hour.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:01 PM

54 posts, read 68,481 times
I lived in Kingman for 10 years, it was so-so. Lots of simpletons into guns, and Trump. I was finally able to sell my house there and move to CA, love it here!

Old 04-15-2018, 06:29 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyric2 View Post
Still glad we moved here. Love the low utility bills and affordable cost of living. Great weather compared to the Midwest or East coast. They are building a Dunkin donuts, Jersey Mikes, Menchies yogurt,a pizza place, Human Bean, Perkins, and I think a Dairy Queen in the old Pacos tacos. Also a Stuff It Burger, and Victoria's Sugar Shack both on Northern Ave. Friendly people (for the most part) Small town feel, Nice downtown area.A lot of new homes going up in all price ranges. The prices of homes are going up. People here seem to like pick up trucks and 4 wheelers/ATV's and dogs.
Is the DQ open yet? I don't recall seeing it when I was in Kingman in January. DQ addict here.

I like Kingman, I don't care what anyone else says. The people are friendly and talkative. I think your Smith's is the best one I've been in.

Kingman has a lot of room to grow and I expect it will.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:11 PM

The DQ is not open yet. They haven't started building it yet. They have started on the Dunkin donuts,Menchies, and Jersey Mike's subs. Alot of new homes going up. Several areas that are building homes $250,000 and up most are on bigger lots with mountain views.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrilander View Post
I lived in Kingman for 10 years, it was so-so. Lots of simpletons into guns, and Trump. I was finally able to sell my house there and move to CA, love it here!
I like that Kingman is a conservative city. Glad you found a place in California that you love. Life is to short to stay where you are not happy. We have met many people who have moved away from California and like it here. To each their own.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:51 PM

555 posts, read 595,280 times
Quote:
The DQ is not open yet. They haven't started building it yet. They have started on the Dunkin donuts,Menchies, and Jersey Mike's subs. Alot of new homes going up. Several areas that are building homes $250,000 and up most are on bigger lots with mountain views.
How about new stores; anything interesting in the works? I've heard Costco mentioned. I'd consider Kingman if there was a Costco! They could use a Sprouts, a Target, and a Vitamin Cottage too.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:26 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Oh, thanks. Appreciate the update.

I met a couple who work online, like I do, and they live in Kingman. I think it was the cost of living that got their attention initially but then they grew to love the place.

Do you know if the Walmart allows overnight RV parking? I think all the Arizona Walmarts have signs now saying No Overnight Parking but I know that some don't enforce it. (Though the one in Lake Havasu City enforces it strictly.)

Old 04-19-2018, 01:01 AM

I haven't been to Walmart for several months, but I think they do have signs up. In the past I have seen campers. Kingman does have a KOA that gets good reviews. They have mini golf too. 2 people have told me a Target is suppose to open in the old K-Mart. I haven't read that in the paper so it may or may not come to pass. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. Also camping in the Hualapais is pretty reasonable.

Last edited by alyric2; 04-19-2018 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona