Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 05:23 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,652,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
If sinema wins the state of Arizona and the country will suffer be cause she is a far left democrat in disguise.
I'm not a fan of Sinema and will do everything I can to vote against her in the upcoming election, you're not the only one who shares the same content.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:45 PM

7,834 posts, read 4,582,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I laugh that people think McSally won't run attack ads. Sinema is leading, she has been running a strong campaign all year (no competition in primary) so McSally has to attack. It's politics 101 and has been a part of the country since the beginning.
Seems to me the only time one has to attack is when one is bankrupt of mounting a convincing argument why one is a better candidate with a better record and better ideas. Thousands of people have been elected throughout this country's history on the merits of their candidacy rather than promoting negativity of their competitors.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:56 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,737,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Seems to me the only time one has to attack is when one is bankrupt of mounting a convincing argument why one is a better candidate with a better record and better ideas. Thousands of people have been elected throughout this country's history on the merits of their candidacy rather than promoting negativity of their competitors.
Your post implies that voters are well informed and don't vote based on soundbites, headlines, 30 second commercials, party lines, etc... It's a nice thought, but not the reality for most voters, especially in contemporary politics.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Your post implies that voters are well informed and don't vote based on soundbites, headlines, 30 second commercials, party lines, etc... It's a nice thought, but not the reality for most voters, especially in contemporary politics.
If that's the case, it doesn't speak well of McSally's regard for the electorate.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
If that's the case, it doesn't speak well of McSally's regard for the electorate.
Absolutely, but neither does Sinema (or any pol for that matter), portraying herself as a military hawk/independent in the mold of John McCain.

I can't say yet who will be a better Senator (want to see their debates), but Sinema is definitely running a better 'say what you need to to get elected' campaign.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Absolutely, but neither does Sinema (or any pol for that matter), portraying herself as a military hawk/independent in the mold of John McCain.
But that is still very different than a direct attack on your opponent wouldn't you say?

Old 10-06-2018, 08:15 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,978,847 times
The type of attack McSally is using is especially troublesome. It’s one thing to attack somebody on their merits, but she’s implying Sinema supports child prostitution, which is a really despicable way to run a campaign.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:53 AM

83 posts, read 73,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The type of attack McSally is using is especially troublesome. It’s one thing to attack somebody on their merits, but she’s implying Sinema supports child prostitution, which is a really despicable way to run a campaign.
Amen. Regardless of which way you lean or how you feel about Sinema, it's really low to try to present that Sinema supports child prostitution when that's not at all true. I also know attack ads are the norm sometimes in elections like these. But it's not normal to have multiple sites and sources come out and say that your attack ad arguments against your opponent (in this case Sinema) are mostly false, cherrypicking (as in there's more to the story than simply saying "Sinema did or supports X"), or flat out false. I have no respect for liars. Especially when McSally ran one attack ad that had false information that got ripped to shreds and didn't learn from her mistakes and continued to spew mostly false or completely false things in her follow up attack ads.

I can't wait for this all to be over because I'm frankly tired of seeing the stupid commercials about the pink tutu, the child prostitution one, and the Backpage donation one (which Sinema donated several months ago I found out after searching around about it so I don't see the relevance??). At least the other candidates up for election seem to point out valid criticisms about their opponents i.e. X candidate wants to defund social security as well as education or X candidate wants to abolish ICE with sources / clips of the candidate saying said thing to back it up. Not "let me pick the most ridiculous things to bring up and be completely wrong about it without checking and continue to air the attack ad even after it's proven mostly false/false".

I'll take the Lerner & Rowe or JG Wentworth commercials any day over these. Lol.

P.S. JGMotorsport64 I tried to rate your post positively but apparently I've given you too much positive reputation so it won't let me. Darn.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:56 AM

Quote:
But that is still very different than a direct attack on your opponent wouldn't you say?

Yes and no. Direct attacks are crude on the surface but as pols like to say "words have consequences" so if there is a sound bite of someone saying something stupid, even out of context, then they should not be surprised if it's used against them. Most of the people running in AZ right now are pros and should expect their past words to be used.

I know in a perfect world everything would be based on the positives in ones life, but that is just not realistic (look how stupid Facebook is with it's thumbs up only policy).
I find more subtle ads like signs posted around retirement communities claiming the candidate is the only one looking out for your SS and Medicare to be more disturbing because they seem so genuine, when in fact they are just trying to scare old people. At least with attack ads, they are so nuts 5 minutes on Google can fill in the context.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:13 AM

2,926 posts, read 3,103,144 times
After watching how the Democrats have acted since the 2016 elections and especially the last few weeks, I am sorry, I am not ever going to vote for another Democrat for a very long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona