Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:02 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I respectfully beg to differ. The topic is McSally's reelection bid and Kelly is McSally's opponent. He and his platform, as it relates to McSally's reelection, seem perfectly on-topic.
I agree with you about discussing Mark Kelly, since he is McSally's opponent. But the topic of guns doesn't belong here at all. It's bound to get very nasty.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:06 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I agree with you about discussing Mark Kelly, since he is McSally's opponent. But the topic of guns doesn't belong here at all. It's bound to get very nasty.
Fair enough, but I think it’s important to point out the unfounded fear of those that think a vote against McSally means someone is going to take away their guns.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:47 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
topic is McSally. Not Kelly or guns.
Respectfully,

The topic is re-election and Kelly is her opponent as are his positions. What else would not look good for McSally?

This thread doesn’t even make sense anymore

Old 05-05-2020, 07:19 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Respectfully,

The topic is re-election and Kelly is her opponent as are his positions. What else would not look good for McSally?

This thread doesn’t even make sense anymore

Old 05-05-2020, 10:10 AM

656 posts, read 813,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
It's really pretty simple. Follow the money & voting records. I vote for the candidate whose believes are most in-line with mine.

I don't listen to polls or the MSM. According to them, Biden's already won the election. Just like Hilary is president now. We have a real issue in this Country with the media telling people what to think. And unfortunately, a lot of people just eat it up without vetting the info. they receive.

Do your own research. The information is out there.

I agree. It has never been easier in world history to get so much written journalism from every corner of the globe for pennies. Ignore broadcast news and read!

Old 05-05-2020, 02:05 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
...What else would not look good for McSally?...
At 72, one of my hot button issues is Medicare, which is a huge topic for my wife and I. The proposed 2021 budget that Trump submitted for review makes large cuts to both Medicare and Social Security. McSally is a Trump clone, she will do whatever he says, and she will do nothing to protect Medicare, no matter how much she swears during the campaign that she will protect it. Side issue, the same goes for Debby Lesko who worked for decades for some of the wealthiest people in the country (Koch brothers, ALEC, etc) who have a blinding hatred for New Deal programs like Social Security and Great Society programs like Medicare. Both of these pols will sell us down the river in a heartbeat to please their masters.

This should worry every senior here in AZ and those who've paid into Medicare and Social Security all their working lives and have, or expect to have, these programs there for them when they do retire. It's our money and we need to protect these programs we paid into and that serve us well. I'm pleased with the services I get under Medicare and wish to make no cuts. All that being said it does not look good for McSally as far as my vote goes, in fact, I've already donated to Mark Kelly and hope he prevails.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:50 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,726,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
At 72, one of my hot button issues is Medicare, which is a huge topic for my wife and I. The proposed 2021 budget that Trump submitted for review makes large cuts to both Medicare and Social Security. McSally is a Trump clone, she will do whatever he says, and she will do nothing to protect Medicare, no matter how much she swears during the campaign that she will protect it. Side issue, the same goes for Debby Lesko who worked for decades for some of the wealthiest people in the country (Koch brothers, ALEC, etc) who have a blinding hatred for New Deal programs like Social Security and Great Society programs like Medicare. Both of these pols will sell us down the river in a heartbeat to please their masters.

This should worry every senior here in AZ and those who've paid into Medicare and Social Security all their working lives and have, or expect to have, these programs there for them when they do retire. It's our money and we need to protect these programs we paid into and that serve us well. I'm pleased with the services I get under Medicare and wish to make no cuts. All that being said it does not look good for McSally as far as my vote goes, in fact, I've already donated to Mark Kelly and hope he prevails.
All good points and reasons for voting that way. What do you think will happen to the Medicare you enjoy if Medicare for All is forced onto the Dem platform?

Old 05-05-2020, 04:35 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
All good points and reasons for voting that way. What do you think will happen to the Medicare you enjoy if Medicare for All is forced onto the Dem platform?
It may be on the platform, and it may help garner votes, but I don't see it passing until DEMs get a 60-member majority in the Senate plus have the House of Reps and the White House in their hands. As the Senate rules now exist a bill needs 60 Aye votes to be passed and that will be hard to do.

I do favor a universal single payer plan and expanding Medicare to cover all the nation is how I'd like to do that.

I do not want socialized medicine where the government owns the hospitals and the medical types become government employees. No way, no how.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:52 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,726,320 times
Quote:
It may be on the platform, and it may help garner votes, but I don't see it passing until DEMs get a 60-member majority in the Senate plus have the House of Reps and the White House in their hands. As the Senate rules now exist a bill needs 60 Aye votes to be passed and that will be hard to do.

I do favor a universal single payer plan and expanding Medicare to cover all the nation is how I'd like to do that.

I do not want socialized medicine where the government owns the hospitals and the medical types become government employees. No way, no how.
Well, it should be the most interesting election maybe of all time, up and down the ballot.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:06 PM

444 posts, read 321,989 times
Quote:

Good luck with expanding Medicare to cover all the nation for universal single payer, especially when you are concerned about Trumps 7% reduction in Medicare and Social Security related spending within the 2021 budget. No recent President has taken a serious look at the reducing costs involved in Medicare billing like paying more to doctor offices owned by hospitals than individual doctors, changes in reducing SSDI spending etc. The cost to expand Medicare for universal single payer will be significantly more than any Medicare related reduction being proposed in the 2021 budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona