Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM

862 posts, read 2,624,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Which has nothing to do with so-called 'Global Warming'.

For the record: I still remember the brouhaha over 'Nuclear Winter' 30 odd years ago----------in which air pollution would be triggering a new Ice Age.

Needless to say: I think that Global Warming is a crock.
Indeed it is:

Global Warming Petition Project

Old 12-18-2008, 08:55 AM

509 posts, read 1,701,577 times
global warming is nothing but a political balderdash . Al Gore and his "Noble Prize" are a bunch of nitwits . they do not see but what is in their agenda. global warming is nothing but a cycle in earths history . you want proof ?? how many ice ages have occurd in last two million years or so ? you want further proof of weather cycles ?? read a book by Michael Crichton called a "State OF Fear " . the story plot is fiction , the facts presented in the book are real with data that can be verified through links in scientific presentation .

Old 12-18-2008, 10:59 AM

228 posts, read 594,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najt View Post
If nothing improves, does anybody have any idea how the Climate-change will hit Phx and Tucson, when it may not be liveable?

We up north will get milder winters, Spain will get hotter summers, similar to AZ I guess and within decades.
Not trying to start a political debate here, but nothing about the global warming theory has ever been proven one way or the other. And even if it is true that the earth is warming, there is absolutely zero concrete evidence that carbon emissions or human-associated activity has anything to do with it. And even if that were true, what is anyone going to do to stop it? Genocide? the logistics of trying to solve that problem, if it exists, are simply impossible with the global population soaring as it is, particularly in developing countries.

Hate to break it to any greenies out there, but you're not going to convince the developing economies in countries of billions in Asia to buy into "green" technology if it's more expensive or apt to slow their economic activity. They'll look at us, say "good for you, go ahead and drive your hybrids", and continue to use cheap, dirty energy while we run our economy into the ground and they surpass us. The point is, it's a silly argument, 'cause even if there is any substance to it, you can't solve it unless every single human and every government on earth is aboard. And they won't be.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:38 PM

862 posts, read 2,624,699 times
Global Warming is a farce and years from now, all of this will be seen as one big hoax.
http://petitionproject.com/

All the enviromentalists (misspelled purposely) can worry about "global warming" when Iran or Russia, or some other terrorist nation detonates a nuclear bomb. The nuclear bombs they have today are 35x+ stronger than what we had in Hiroshima.

Yeah, it will get hot then, the nuclear fireball temperature is over 10 million degrees.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:06 PM

228 posts, read 594,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Global Warming is a farce and years from now, all of this will be seen as one big hoax.
Global Warming Petition Project

All the enviromentalists (misspelled purposely) can worry about "global warming" when Iran or Russia, or some other terrorist nation detonates a nuclear bomb. The nuclear bombs they have today are 35x+ stronger than what we had in Hiroshima.

Yeah, it will get hot then, the nuclear fireball temperature is over 10 million degrees.

I tend to agree. Before "global warming"- again, theoretically, assuming it even exists- ever becomes a relevant threat to our survival, it's far more likely that a massive chunk of the global population will perish as a result of some other means- global famine, pandemic, or nuclear holocaust.

The real heart of the issue is global overpopulation, and there aren't any humane ways to curb that. My belief is that the only way that problem will get solved is catastrophically. One way or another, either Mother Nature will set the course right via global disease or food shortage, or we'll kill each other off in a massive nuclear war before GW ever matters (assuming again that it ever would).

Old 12-20-2008, 02:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,193,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmi View Post
I tend to agree. Before "global warming"- again, theoretically, assuming it even exists- ever becomes a relevant threat to our survival, it's far more likely that a massive chunk of the global population will perish as a result of some other means- global famine, pandemic, or nuclear holocaust.

The real heart of the issue is global overpopulation, and there aren't any humane ways to curb that. My belief is that the only way that problem will get solved is catastrophically. One way or another, either Mother Nature will set the course right via global disease or food shortage, or we'll kill each other off in a massive nuclear war before GW ever matters (assuming again that it ever would).
I have to disagree there..............

More and more nations are at ZPG (or below) already---------and, many others' birthrates are plummeting as we speak. Replacement level is 2.1 children per woman.

About the only places with high birthrates (3 or higher per woman) are some majority Muslim nations, parts of Africa as well as parts of Asia.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2127rank.html

Old 12-20-2008, 02:53 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,715,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The global models are complete nonsense and pure speculatation - grad student stuff. No one knows with even the most minimal certainty what impact global warming might have on climate. Looking even three months out is not much better than guesswork or the Farmer's Almanac. Look at last year's hurricane predictions and this year's "El Nino" - wrong on both counts. The mechanisms are simply too complex and poorly understood to develop reliable models. Properly initialized, the models can make for exciting headlines, though. About all that can be said is it'll be warmer, on average, with global warming. Anyone who makes a property decision based on today's global warming models is - well I won't even say it.
The only reason the "global warming" scare came out because scientist made a report about a correlation between CO2 levels and the temperature of certain places. No one has an exact fact behind it. I wish we would start building like the future and stop building like the past. Paving everything in site

Old 12-20-2008, 03:51 PM

39,121 posts, read 51,371,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
The only reason the "global warming" scare came out because scientist made a report about a correlation between CO2 levels and the temperature of certain places. No one has an exact fact behind it. I wish we would start building like the future and stop building like the past. Paving everything in site
I don't agree with those who claim that "global warming" is nonsense. Global climatic impacts from release of CO2 are scientific fact and it is just plain ignorant to argue otherwise. What I objected to in my post is putting much faith in computer models to predict the outcome in such detail as "AZ will be hotter - another place drier". I think most of these models are little more than junk science that keeps grad students busy and their profs in the press. Having said that, you can't just keep peeing in the bathtub. There will be repercussions from our flagrant abuse of the planet, but the manner and extent of Mother Nature's revenge is not known yet.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:55 PM

260 posts, read 512,407 times
All our climate is coming from the sun.The fire in the sun was only about75% 1800 years ago and we had a mini ice age for a short few hundred years. If the fire is only 55 or 60% in the sun , we have a longer, biger ice age, it could last 100 000 years.Climate change is real, but it is all from the Sun.Nothing we can do about it,but we should study the sun more.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:33 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,715,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Having said that, you can't just keep peeing in the bathtub. There will be repercussions from our flagrant abuse of the planet, but the manner and extent of Mother Nature's revenge is not known yet.
I completely agree with you, we can't keep peeing in the bathtub. We only have so much water or resources before it becomes all diluted. The CO2 levels still don't explain enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona