Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:00 PM

164 posts, read 846,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenSong71 View Post
Okay currently I live in PA. My hubby is a fire-fighter/emt. We're sick of the taxes spiraling out of control here, the astronomical price of housing and the weather. We long to lose our winter gear and opt for shorts most of the year. Two small children (below school age). I posted this thread on the Florida forum and y'all won't believe the slug-fest it turned into (don't know why) and the nasty things said about AZ in general. My brother lives there, (Chandler area) is originally from NJ and absolutely loves it.

What do you think? Arizona...or Florida?

I love to read your opinions

Thanks!
Im from Ny and are currently getting ready to move to Az have family there also. Florida is too humid and has too many bad hurricanes now If I were you for the safety of your children go to Az, its beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:17 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,973,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june View Post
Im from Ny and are currently getting ready to move to Az have family there also. Florida is too humid and has too many bad hurricanes now If I were you for the safety of your children go to Az, its beautiful.

Az is paradise compared to NY.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,497,793 times
To who? To some AZ is paradise and NY is hell, to some NY is paradise and AZ is hell. I like both. :-)

Old 05-07-2007, 12:31 PM

51 posts, read 193,227 times
i have lived in az and visited florida(lived in ny most of my life). If i would choose it would be az. You have the moutains, lakes, snow if you want(mt lemmon). Florida just doesn't appeal to me.

As far as az being a paradise compared to NY, it all depends. NY has beauty in so many places. When people who have lived in az all their lives think of ny they thin of NYC. It is so much more than that...the ocean, mountains the change of seasons.

And I have been paradise and it wasn't ny or az..it was HAWAII!!!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,497,793 times
Well said beanchokiki (whats your user ID mean?)!! NY is absolutely beautiful... the Catskills, Adirondacks, etc. Plus, NYC is the best city in the country, no doubt about it. But thats just my opinion.... As for paradise, Hawaii is no doubt close, but I couldnt be stuck on an island forever, thats gotta be a drag. LOL

Old 05-07-2007, 12:42 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,378,265 times
Please stay on topic. This is not a thread about NY.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM

51 posts, read 193,227 times
someone mentioned NY in a previous post so I just added on to that...sorry ponderosa

Old 05-07-2007, 06:59 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,973,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanchokiki View Post
i have lived in az and visited florida(lived in ny most of my life). If i would choose it would be az. You have the moutains, lakes, snow if you want(mt lemmon). Florida just doesn't appeal to me.

As far as az being a paradise compared to NY, it all depends. NY has beauty in so many places. When people who have lived in az all their lives think of ny they thin of NYC. It is so much more than that...the ocean, mountains the change of seasons.

And I have been paradise and it wasn't ny or az..it was HAWAII!!!
I was the one that said it was paradise compared to NY and I wasn't only talking about the city. I lived in the Hudson Valley for more years than I have in Phx and it was depressing as hell! I couldn't wait to get out of there.

That's just me, others may enjoy NY.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:13 AM

202 posts, read 982,729 times
Florida. Make sure you buy a home on high ground, for when the sea levels rise from global warming.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 AM

3 posts, read 17,072 times
Thumbs up MOving to AZ

I am a transplant from Northeastern PA. Weather and idiotic school taxes drove me out of the Poconos.
When I decided to move I considered two states: Florida and Arizona.
My son lives in FL, so we spent some time with him and looked at the cost of living, etc. I was sorta convinced to move to the Sunshine State, then they were hit by four hurricanes in a row. Well, that was the end of that!
I then did some finger-walking on the Internet, looking at cost of living, etc, in Arizona. Decided to visit for a month in 2005. We stayed in Laughlin, NV, and looked at the Bullhead City, AZ area. Too crowded and too hot. We took a drive up to the Kingman, AZ area and loved it from the start. About 10-15 delgrees cooler than Bullhead City or any of the cities to the south. Drove out to Golden Valley, (just west of Kingman) and decided this was the place. Beautiful views of mountains on all sides, and very rural!
We moved out here in Novmeber of 2006 and have not regretted it once. Especially at tax time. Our taxes in PA averaged around $8000 a year with local, state and school taxes. Taxes in Golden Valley look to be about $800 a year for everything. Plus, (if you've ever lived in Northeastern PA near New York), the people out here are actually friendly and helpful! (Imagnine that!) Almost reminds me of folks in the south, congenial, friendly and warm. One more thing...it was really humid here yesterday - the weather guy on TV said it was up to 19 percent!
Try Arizona - Try Northwest Arizona - Try the Kingman area - you WILL love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona