Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:16 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,718,750 times

Advertisements

This sounds like a "two wrongs don't make a right" type of thing, Communicayte.

If you admit to running a red light should that make you any less guilty of causing the accident than the guy failing to yield?

Good Luck and keep us updated as I am kinda curious how this will turn out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,577 times
i agree, bummer, that i am just as guilty. i'm just saying that according to the law that i was told at this class, it sounds like it should be the other person's fault. but yeah, i'll try to ask around some more and see what i come up with. thanks.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:44 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ndless View Post
Arizona drivers are bad, worse than almost anywhere else, at least the places I have been. Traffic sucks in Cali, but at least most poeple know how to drive the speed limit.

The one thing that REALLY pisses me off, is on the freeways, mainly the 101 and 51, people drive in the fast lane, and are only going 75!! You do not need to be in the fast lane if you are only going 75, you need to be going at least 80-85!! I get on their ass, if they dont move, I will cut them off and throw something at them usually, or at least give them the finger, or brake check them, no matter what, if you rear end someone its automatically your fault, even if I Did brake check you.
I look forward to seeing you going to jail. If you need to get there faster, leave sooner. Leave us lawfull carefull drivers alone. You are taking a chance on killing my family. I hope the person you are tailing steps on the break and you end up on the hood. The speed limit is not 85 you jerk. What keeps traffic slow in the morning is the accidents you idiots cause. Please move off my planet soon.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:52 AM

805 posts, read 2,002,492 times
Wow...I didn't feel like reading all 9 pages, but I agree with the original poster. People driving in AZ are VERY unattentive. They DO NOT seem to pay attention to speed limits, arrows, stop signs, lights, slow down to 5mph to rubberneck (see what the comotion is, when its not their business) etc.....I'd have to say by far the worst of any state i've ever been to. And its definetely frustrating, but I get over it. If thats the most I have to deal with in my day...I'd say day is going pretty darn good. I might end up to my destination a whole 3 minutes later.

BUT!!! STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!!! People like m1nless are EVEN WORSE!!! HOW IN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO TAILGATE SOMEONE ALREADY GOING 10 OVER THE SPEEDLIMIT?!?!?!?!
THEN PROCEED TO BRAKE CHECK OR THROW SOMETHING AT THEM???
It's one thing to not pay attention, but if you add someone not paying attention to an a$$ hole driver on top of that. That's a sure wreck.

I highly suggest you take the bus from now on. You are half the reason for the stupid accidents around here.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,278,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ndless View Post
The one thing that REALLY pisses me off, is on the freeways, mainly the 101 and 51, people drive in the fast lane, and are only going 75!! You do not need to be in the fast lane if you are only going 75, you need to be going at least 80-85!! I get on their ass, if they dont move, I will cut them off and throw something at them usually, or at least give them the finger, or brake check them, no matter what, if you rear end someone its automatically your fault, even if I Did brake check you
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I look forward to seeing you going to jail. If you need to get there faster, leave sooner. Leave us lawfull carefull drivers alone. You are taking a chance on killing my family. I hope the person you are tailing steps on the break and you end up on the hood. The speed limit is not 85 you jerk. What keeps traffic slow in the morning is the accidents you idiots cause. Please move off my planet soon.
Both of you are in the wrong! Getting on someone's "ass", and throwing things at vehicles would be classified as aggressive driving. M1ndless could be cited (or even arrested) for that. If someone threw an object at my car & tried to run me off the road, I'd get the license plate number and call the cops right away! It sounds like M1ndless has a mentality that fits his moniker!

On the other hand, applying the brake to someone who is tailgating you can also be considered aggressive ... not to mention putting BOTH of you in a very dangerous situation! If you're in the left lane, you need to be moving faster than the traffic in the other lanes. Arizona law states that slower traffic must keep to the right. If you move at your own slow pace in the left lanes, you are just as much of a law breaker as the speed demon or aggressive driver. The slowpokes, BTW, cause just as many (if not more) accidents.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
Talking on the cell phone and waiting at an intersection is one reason for having to sit at an intersection for longer than necessary, especially at a left turn arrow. About 2 weeks ago, I was the 6th or 7th vehicle in line waiting to make a left turn, and when the arrow turned green, the person in the third vehicle was on the cell phone and not paying attention and he or she just remained there. It only took 2 or 3 seconds before horns infront of me started blaring, when he/she turned left, and I was able to see they were on the cell phone, and I had to sit through another red arrow!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:06 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Both of you are in the wrong! Getting on someone's "ass", and throwing things at vehicles would be classified as aggressive driving. M1ndless could be cited (or even arrested) for that. If someone threw an object at my car & tried to run me off the road, I'd get the license plate number and call the cops right away! It sounds like M1ndless has a mentality that fits his moniker!

On the other hand, applying the brake to someone who is tailgating you can also be considered aggressive ... not to mention putting BOTH of you in a very dangerous situation! If you're in the left lane, you need to be moving faster than the traffic in the other lanes. Arizona law states that slower traffic must keep to the right. If you move at your own slow pace in the left lanes, you are just as much of a law breaker as the speed demon or aggressive driver. The slowpokes, BTW, cause just as many (if not more) accidents.
I don't step on the break and try and cause accidents, Im saying if this fool tailgates someone, I hope that when they have to stop, he learns his lesson. I drive the speed limit and I am very carefull and considerate all the time. Especially when I am with my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona