Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:35 AM

245 posts, read 697,616 times

Advertisements

I live in N Illinois but spend lots of time in Lake Havasu City ever since my parents moved there. My Brother has been there for 12 years now. I notice people seem real happy there.

I know I am since I can ride my motorcycle year round. I'm heading back on Jan 8th for the rest of the winter. Just the thought of being away from the cold makes me happy. The only downside is I buy lots more motorcycle tires these days.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM

329 posts, read 1,275,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Perhaps the wisest post I've ever seen on this board.

Ken
Thank You!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybones View Post
The only downside is I buy lots more motorcycle tires these days.
See how horrible AZ is? Too many motorcycle tires!!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:43 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times
I didn't say all of them...Just the ones I've encountered. But yes, I've encountered very nice ones too. But I'm just saying that I've encounter nicer folks back home than here. That's all!!! Sheesh!!

And no, I wasn't having a bad day when I made that comment. I just don't fit in with Arizona, that's all, and can't wait to move...That's all I was saying. I don't get mad anymore.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I didn't say all of them...Just the ones I've encountered. But yes, I've encountered very nice ones too. But I'm just saying that I've encounter nicer folks back home than here. That's all!!! Sheesh!!

And no, I wasn't having a bad day when I made that comment. I just don't fit in with Arizona, that's all, and can't wait to move...That's all I was saying. I don't get mad anymore.
I hate arizona too. It sucks here and yuma in particular is a horrible place. If you do not like Az you definately will not have the popular vote in here, lol

Old 12-22-2009, 04:06 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,418 times
Up at the higher elevations AZ seems to be very nice. I wouldn't want to live down in the pizza oven zone. Mile high elevation is a good zone to have decent weather without suffering through extreme cold or heat.

I suppose the real key to life is understanding where you can be happy and make the effort to get to that place, be it physical location or mental state of mind. Really serves no purpose to understand that you don't like where you're at, then remain in that position.

To each his own, but ultimately you have to decide if what you're spreading to others is a valuable message to help or just a complaint because of your own dislikes/discomfort and the need to find sympathizers--or turn others around to your opinion rather than understanding that they might very well enjoy what you do not, and vice-versa.

We all make our own beds in this life, so put some thought into it before you lie down to sleep.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:54 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
Up at the higher elevations AZ seems to be very nice. I wouldn't want to live down in the pizza oven zone. Mile high elevation is a good zone to have decent weather without suffering through extreme cold or heat.

I suppose the real key to life is understanding where you can be happy and make the effort to get to that place, be it physical location or mental state of mind. Really serves no purpose to understand that you don't like where you're at, then remain in that position.

To each his own, but ultimately you have to decide if what you're spreading to others is a valuable message to help or just a complaint because of your own dislikes/discomfort and the need to find sympathizers--or turn others around to your opinion rather than understanding that they might very well enjoy what you do not, and vice-versa.

We all make our own beds in this life, so put some thought into it before you lie down to sleep.
True, but is all a matter of opinion....we are going camping for Christmas in a couple days....and not have to bundle up bad...

Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,664,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post

Great post but its the reader who has to determine if what is said is valuable to them. They have to determine if the author of the post is just miserable with life, or making legitimate observations of a place they don't like.

Even when you refer to Phoenix as a pizza oven zone, you are offending the City Defenders on the forum who say 115* is "ideal"... and they do... believe me.

I love the temps up north here in AZ as there are 4 seasons with none of them being unduly long or extreme. If I were asked if I was "happy" in this study, I would say yes and add to AZ happiness factor. But this has nothing to do with AZ.

If anything, life in the good ol' pizza oven zone brings me down, but I understand its up to me to move... and when I do, my happiness meter will go way up and will raise the happy factor for some other state.

Last edited by cmist; 12-22-2009 at 06:57 PM..

Old 12-23-2009, 02:23 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,418 times
But...the low desert IS a pizza oven so how can that offend anyone? If people like it in the heat then more power to them, that's awesome. If people like the arctic winters of Michigan, righteous! That's all good, the real idea here is that you discover what works for you and work towards it, rather than tear down what others have discovered works for them.

Something like that.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:01 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Been here in AZ over 45 years, never been happier.
My wife from MN has been here over 20 years, she's never been happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona