Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 07:44 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgecanyonfire View Post
WRONGGGG! It is not that we did not get a contract at all becuase we did! We are LEGAL if you will check records on the ACC website!
Thanks for the clarifications, BCF. Evidently I misread your situation based on your previous posts, and I apologize for that. Now that you've explained your position, people can make up their own minds on whether the kind of political shenanigans you've described would affect their decision to buy into the area. Can you give us some examples of the zoning restriction of which you speak?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:25 PM

60 posts, read 295,672 times
Hi Kdog, I sure can.

Actually i can try and explain the differences between the old stipulations and the new ones.

Back when we first moved to the Seligman area, zoning stipulations was much easier but also this was around 12 yrs ago.

Back then you could move a travel trailer on your property and live in it ubtil you was able to build yourself a home or bring a home in (mobile or otherwise). Also back then you did not have to have a septic put in before you could do anything.

The new stips theyve got now is you cannot even move a travel trailer onto your property to live in while you are in the process of building your home. The county makes runs thru the area quite often and will "orange tag" they think you are living on your property in a travel trailer without showing some effort in building a home. It simply means you can stay on your property like overnight if you are vacationing but you cannot live in a travel trailer for any extended periods of time. I think now theyve made the stipulation that you are only allowed to stay in a travel trailer (or have one on your property) no more than a week at a time.

Second stipulation is septics. They do not at all allow any building of any kind without a county approved septic system installed by the contractor of thier choice( one thats licensed for them). This means they dont allow barrels put into the ground for makeshift septics or sewage just dumped out under a tree. ALOT of people in the area are very low budgeted and cannot afford the high prices of putting in septics and not even knowing if the septics will pass "perc" or not and if they dont "oerc" then the County will not issue a building permit for you to build or anything.

Since these newer stips have been put into place, people has complained about the County even "orange tagging" thier property just becuase they put up a fence around thier property without a permit.

The main reasoning behind OUR rants is mainly with the local District interfering with our business and trying to turn people against us and with the county stipulations in which we think are totally stupid for being in an area that is mostly without proper utils and unpaved roads. We just figure if the County wants to "tax" people in these areas and force undue stipulations, then at least make offerings of utils and better access roads.

Last edited by bridgecanyonfire; 07-01-2008 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: .

Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM

5 posts, read 34,317 times
Default rattle snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneybug01 View Post
hello, i would say it is difficult to sell land up in bridge canyon, we have been going up to our place every few weeks since 2005 and there are tons and tons of realestate signs up, -but no new people. depending on were your lots are, there may not be any access to electric. which can be a big turn off to alot of would be buyers. personnaly, we love it up there and would like to buy the land around us---simply to keep people away

07/23/08 just wanted to add that there have been LOTS O RATTLE SNAKES up in bridge canyon this year! we had to shoot one 2 weeks ago for coming to close to our deck. sssooooo, if your going up, be extra extra carful especially if your camping and plan to hike. other then the snake problemo, (a arizona black ratttle snake) the weather was great, we as always enjoy ourselves, we saw absolutely no one! i think the high gas prices are keeping people at bay, and also did not see any of the usual wild life we enjoy,--do not know if that has anything to do with
all the snakes this year or not.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneybug01 View Post
also did not see any of the usual wild life we enjoy
They probably heard what you did to the snake.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:40 PM

5 posts, read 34,317 times
Default bridgecanyonfires

Quote:
We do not suggest anyone buying property in or around the Seligman and Bridge Canyon areas.

hello, i noticed you dont want anyone buying property up at bridge canyon, i can understand that, i personnaly do not want anyone else up there either, however, FIRE? what BRIDGE CANYON FIRE????? do tell,
your chances of running into a rattle snake are greater then a fire.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 PM

it means we are the Fire Department for Bridge Canyon juneybug. Its just we have been advised by our attorneys not to take calls right now due to problems we have had by the local district. They led a group of people around Bridge Canyon to draw up a petition in order to keep our Department from being called by 911 even though we are a legal Department and not even involved in the Districts legal area. What they did and others have done to us is truly against the law. We cannot go into further details right now due to some legal issues we have going on having to do with the District, a few of its members and a few people that have also been involved stirring up problems for us within the Bridge Canyon and Seligman areas. There will also be a few others from online (websites) that will be drawn through the legal wringer as well for other things that they have done that was absolutely unneccessary. Everybody involved will find out that our Department, our Administration and the individual(s) that got us started and legal are noone to "reckon" with when the time comes.

Last edited by bridgecanyonfire; 07-25-2008 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: .

Old 07-30-2008, 09:29 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Bridgecanyonfire, I totally agree with the zoning laws that are in place now. It's not a trailer park nor an RV site. I wouldn't want a neighbor dumping raw sewage. If someone can't afford a septic system, they shouldn't be looking to build a home. Most people would do a perk test before purchasing a property. Sounds to me, you think this place should have the zoning laws of a third world country. Yavapai County put those zoning laws in place so you won't have a mobile meth lab living next to you.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:20 PM

Then stay in the city then zonababe!
The zoning laws out in the middle of nowhere like that are totally rediculous! Go back to California!

Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
The zoning laws out in the middle of nowhere like that are totally rediculous! Go back to California!
That seems a bit harsh. Once you put the word "Estates" in the name, it would imply a certain amount of civilization.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:33 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Lived in Yavapai County since 1996. I've never lived in California. Doesn't matter if you live in rural or urban area, laxed zoning laws lead to trashy communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona