Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:04 AM

60 posts, read 295,618 times

Advertisements

Well Bridge Canyon Estates and Seligman ARE both trashy anyways. Face it.
There have been more complaints about the zoning laws in such a remote area that its unbelievable but who can really blame the residents that live in these types of areas?
We are talking a REMOTE area here, NOT a city, NOT a trailer park and NOT an RV park. We are talking about a REMOTE area where there is only a small area that has utilities, and NO paved or at least regularly maintained roads so why should there be the rediculous CITY type zoning laws?
If one lives in Tuscon or Phoenix or other reasonably sized cities and towns then yes those types of zoning laws most people can understand, just NOT in such a remote area as Bridge Canyon. We can name at least two places nearby Bridge Canyon that DOES NOT have these types of regulations and noone complains about NOT having those zoning regulations.
One of those areas are out in Hyde Park just west of Seligman and the other is out in Juniper Woods just east of Seligman.
MOST people buy in Bridge Canyon becuase the properties are CHEAPER, otherwise they would be living on the street so no we just do not believe in those types of zoning laws in remote areas such as Bridge Canyon.
Sorry to be so "harsh" but evidently you have not lived in such remote areas like this much in your life otherwise wed think you would feel the same way as most others that HAVE lived in remote areas such as this on the ignorant zoning laws. Some people can barely afford property and something to live on it on just to keep from living on the street. They just cannot afford the septics put in BEFORE they can live on the property that they bought or are paying on. As we have said before, the County has it now that if the property does not pass a perc then they will not issue you a building permit which means you bought a peice of property that you cannot live on (unless you go with other means of a legal septic) which could possibly deem your property useless. All these complaints about the County making you get a permit just to build a small shed or put up a fence, those zoning laws are just pure rubbish! Leave all that type of stuff to the cities.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Most people would do a perk test before purchasing a property.
To zonababe:

Thats just it. MOST people out there buy first and never realizing that they cant use the property if it doesnt perk so again, the property is deemed a waste, unless, of course they go with other means of a septic, such as the self contained type but septics was not nor ever was our main problem about the zoning. It is and was the other rediculous zoning laws like having to have a permit before you can build a small shed or put up a fence around your property. It THESE types of rediculous zoning laws that just are not fit for such a remote area. Basically what the zoning laws are telling you is you cannot do @#$% with your property without a septic going in FIRST then having to apply for seperate permits for other things you may want to do to improve your property. We are not here to argue with you or anyone. Someone asked us why we did not advise to move to Bridge Canyon Estates and all we did was offer our honest opinion.

Also zonababe. What that saynotobcfd said in another forum is all bs. Pay no attention to it. All of that was nothing more than a tactic by Seligman Fire District and a few of its 'fan club' to try interfering with our business practices. They are well on the ways of losing a litigation battle anyways(the District and its fan club is). As the old saying goes "what comes around DEFINATELY goes around and payback is priceless!" PriceFUL in our case once we win that case! :-D

Last edited by bridgecanyonfire; 08-06-2008 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: .

Old 09-02-2008, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 10,205 times
Default Lots in Bridge Canyon Estates

My dad is in Hospice and I have found two lots he owns in Seligman and I am interested in selling them.
Have never been there but the lots are unit # 23 lot4765 and unit # 18 lot 3686.
I do not know the size of the lots at this time but will be contacting a Real Estate Company about them.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 10,205 times
Default Bridge Canyon Estates Seligman Arizona

I found two lots my dad has when going through his papers and interested in selling them
They are in Bridge Canyon Country Estates and are lot 3686 and lot 4765.
Do not know the size of them at this time but will be contacting a Real Estate Company to sell them soon.
Anyone interested my email is [EMAIL="darr4444@yahoo.com"]darr4444@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 09-02-2008, 05:59 PM

Hello darr, You can find out information on those lots through the GIS website in the Yavapai County website. The GIS website will give you detailed information on where the lots are located in BCCE, the nearest cross-streets, the acreage or size of the lots, etc in case you need all of this for finding your lots and providing general info to your buyers.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:12 PM

131 posts, read 439,747 times
You think you have it bad bridgecanyonfire. Right now Sedona is making everyone with septic tie into the city sewer system. At your expense. Then the septic system has to be removed. At your expense. Your street, yard will be destroyed and guess what? You can clean it up, at your expense. Then of course you have to make a monthly payment to use the sewer system. Did I mention the tax increase? No exceptions. They had to bring in law enforcement at the meeting just because the people were becoming an enraged mob.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 AM

We understand that SedonaShadow but thats in a city so things like that are more understandable than the ignorant zoning laws in a undeveloped area 75 miles from anywhere in any direction and without water to keep your septic running.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:50 PM

329 posts, read 1,276,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
You think you have it bad bridgecanyonfire. Right now Sedona is making everyone with septic tie into the city sewer system. At your expense. Then the septic system has to be removed. At your expense. Your street, yard will be destroyed and guess what? You can clean it up, at your expense. Then of course you have to make a monthly payment to use the sewer system. Did I mention the tax increase? No exceptions. They had to bring in law enforcement at the meeting just because the people were becoming an enraged mob.
I believe that this is just in the Chapel area not ALL residents with septic. Check your facts.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 12,136 times
Default To Mindy Gazzara

I've spent a lot of timing lately in Bridge Canyon and a couple of my recent experiences might be of interest to you.
While on a trip to the general store in Seleigman to get supplies for the cabin, my son and I got a flat tire and had to put on the spare. We are pretty handy guys at such things, but before we could finish the job, four out of the five vehicles that passed us had stopped to offer assistance.
Later, on our next trip, we asked at the general store if we could buy a water barrel. They didn't have any barrels for sale, but my new best friend Mel was there painting a sign for the store. "You need a water barrel?" Mel asked. "Well," he said after some thought, "I'll give you directions out to my ranch. There's a couple out there you can have." I'd never met Mel until that moment.
So, you make up your own mind about the folks around Bridge Canyon.
MackB53

Old 11-11-2008, 12:48 AM

Wait until they get to know you and decide they dont want to like you for something.
Also, not all people in the area are bad but the majority are. They listen and believe whatever they may 'hear' about you even though they may not have ever met you in thier lives but since THAT person said it then it MUST be true. We are sure you will find this out after awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona