Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 AM

5 posts, read 29,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackB53 View Post
I've spent a lot of timing lately in Bridge Canyon and a couple of my recent experiences might be of interest to you.
While on a trip to the general store in Seleigman to get supplies for the cabin, my son and I got a flat tire and had to put on the spare. We are pretty handy guys at such things, but before we could finish the job, four out of the five vehicles that passed us had stopped to offer assistance.
Later, on our next trip, we asked at the general store if we could buy a water barrel. They didn't have any barrels for sale, but my new best friend Mel was there painting a sign for the store. "You need a water barrel?" Mel asked. "Well," he said after some thought, "I'll give you directions out to my ranch. There's a couple out there you can have." I'd never met Mel until that moment.
So, you make up your own mind about the folks around Bridge Canyon.
MackB53

Mack I have had the very same experience with people in and around the Seligman area, friendly and helpful

Msocal

Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 19,007 times
Default Impact Fee from Yavapai County

I have been reading some of the posts on here and have to say that the thing I am most up in arms about is the impact fee of $3400 that Yavapai County is making us pay in order to build a home in a remote area such as Seligman. We have property in the Bridge Canyon Estates area and it is very upsetting to see the way some of these people live. I agree that some of the zoning laws should not apply in "remote" areas, however, it doesnt matter how remote the area is, it doesnt give anyone the right to descecrate it. At the time I purchase the property in 98 i thought that i was entering into a contract with BCE and that myself and my neighbors were to adhere to the same CC&R's. Everytime I go up there, I see more and more degredation. Vans with plywood lean toos and I am sure there is no form of septic....which means raw sewage and that is just disgusting. I feel that a man has the right to live the way they want too. If you want to live like an animal....go buy 500 acres out in the middle of nowhere and do as you please. Dont expect to do that on a one acre parcel in the early stages of development of a planned community. Its just not fair to the other people who are going by the rules and the property will NEVER be worth anything if this type of living continues. I truly hope that the fire department works out....god knows we need it.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:22 PM

60 posts, read 295,600 times
Well we all have our opinions on what good zoning is and what totally ignorant zoning is. Its just we dont believe that in such a very remote area as most of Bridge Canyon is, that there really shouldnt be those types of zoning ordinances. Bridge Canyon is not a major city nor is it even close to being one, it is a remote area, just as one would be way out in the forests somewhere. Some zoning laws i would DEFINATELY agree with IF the county would pave the roads properly and run electric and water throughout the subdevelopment and put in a proper septic system. Then and ONLY then would we ever accept those ignorant zoning laws. Most people that live out in the BC area do not even live close enough to each other that many zoning ordinances would even matter.Most people out there are scattered here and there and are not sitting close to each others front porches like one may notice in many large cities. We would suggest that you rethink on whether you agree with those types of zoning laws.
Another thing to think about too is this, alot of people that move out there are very low incomed. They do not have the financial means to bother with all these zoning laws which is why they move out there in the first place. That and to get out away from other people. If you will also notice, Bridge Canyon is about THE cheapest area in the state to buy land. We know because it was one of the main things that attracted us some 12 years ago. And with this land being sold so cheap, either by an individual or by a real estate, why do you think they are being sold so cheap?
It is just that trying to make such a remote area into a major metropolitan like Phoenix just will not work and that is what, we feel, they are trying to accomplish with all these ignorant zoning laws.
The property will never be worth anything anyways until the roads are paved or at least improved, power and water is run through the entire area and proper CITY TYPE septic plants are installed throughout the subdevelopment that people can tie into, and not just an old dirty pond out in Canyon Mouth that the locals call a 'septic system'.
Since the county likes trying to force all these types of zoning laws onto people then maybe they first would try to reconsider the areas of interest that we just mentioned.
We feel if you do not like the way people lives out there then please do not move out there. Thanks for the good word about our FD (NOT the so called Seligman one) but we are afraid that Seligman FD ruined that for everyone. Now everyone must pay what they charge no matter if you call them or not or you will be left out in the cold should another emergency occur. Simply put, if you do not pay them then they will not respond to you next time. They will try to run off every excuse in the book just to keep from having to respond to your emergency. BTW, the lawsuits is still going strong between us and them. They wanted to settle but we refuse to settle. If anyone knows of John Kennedy or Shawn Rice or Shawn Bulle then those are the ones you must thank for ruining things for everyone that couldve used thier own good VFD in the Bridge Canyon area.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:58 PM

12 posts, read 44,639 times
i agree...we move to these small AZ towns to get out of city laws.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 AM

Thank you parrie-dog.
Hopefully the county will get thier heads out of thier asses and get thier concerns onto the RIGHT ones (the agitators,etc) instead of concerning themselves over so many small matters.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:08 PM

5 posts, read 34,307 times
Default hi. reply

im sorry but i have to say, i do agree with you regarding some of the more simply zoning laws. but to be so negative about the people of seligman is not very nice. ive been hanging out up there at our property for 5 years now (snow last weekend was great!) and people are good and friendly.
granted, our water barrel was stolen but maybe that lady did not have the
proper directions from "mel" and hit the wrong place hahahaha.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:18 PM

5 posts, read 34,307 times
Default reply

i dont find it trashy, there are abandon places but even chicago has abandon places.
its beautyful country. best part is were the electric line ends!
some of the zoning is way out of wack.
one person wrote something about being mad because bridge canyon
was a "planned community" i totally do not understand, when was that?
anyone have any answers????

Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 PM

Well it was also not 'very nice' the way we were treated by alot of the people and the so-called Seligman fire district either. We are a LEGAL DEPARTMENT and that District and its croonies had no business having one of our members harrassed and arrested on totally erraneous bs just because the District had thier hands tied legally when it came to our legalities. The district AND its croonies just could not handle the fact that we are a legal company so they wanted to start trash in other ways just because they couldnt do anything else to hurt us in some way but thier plans on hurting us did not work.
You would just have to understand what we went through by them and alot of the locals in order to understand what we are talking about. There are just ALOT of valid reasons of why we are so negative about the 'people' there. We will ALWAYS be negative about the people there simply because they were very negative with us. They believed EVERYTHING they heard but nothing they seen! They believed all the bs that District spread about us without even asking us or looking up the FACTS! Nope, they just went behind our backs talking trash and stirring up problems for us. Sure, the area itself is fine, its just the area needs a new breed of people, just like the country needs a new breed of Congress.

The district already lost in court so we are happy and now its payup time from them to us! We will enjoy the very large dividents we will be recieving from them! HA!
Now its on to a few others that was involved in the mess.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 7,137 times
Default living conditions

I have property in BCCE and I know it will be like homesteading to live there. I know you have to have water brought in and there is no electricity near by. So do most people use solar? What about septic? Is there phone lines or cell towers in the area? Do you get TV reception? Do you have to have a satellite? Can you get internet service? Thanks, Lisa

Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 PM

very few people out there use solar because of the expense. As for septic, you MUST have a legal septic installed BEFORE you can recieve a county building permit and build on the property. The county DOES require permits on just about anything you may want to do out there. If you build anything (even erect a fence) without the proper permits then the county will 'orange tag' your property and you will be subject to heavy fines. Please be aware of this before you move out there.
For water, you can either haul your own or hire a water hauling service to do it but most people out there just haul water themselves. No phones at all out there EXCEPT for the first two units and the area up Bridge Canyon Parkway all the way to the very first house to the left just as you get to the top of 'Preacher Hill' This is the hill you must climb at the end of Bridge Canyon Parkway which will intersect with Conquistador Rd at the top of the hill if you go left. Bridge Canyon Parkway will extend farther out into BCCE if you turn west. No phones or other services go beyond that point.
There is a cell phone tower on top of Chino Point which is the mountain you can see from town with the ball looking thing on top of it.
Some people use satellite tv but it is also expensive so only those that can afford it use it. Internet service is the same way. If you are out there without phone lines and electric then your next best bet on that is to run off a generator or inverter and have a cell phone or satellite connection for internet.

I hope this answers your questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona