Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 06:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlove View Post
Thank you for your kind & helpful reply. I did not post to offend anyone I just wanted a larger group perspective on how things are there.
Spoke with my son, they are able to remain open because they sell a small amont of food items/ paper products. IMO the greater majority of his store is non essential, but you're right- the question is what essential means in a uniform sense. Remaining somwhat vauge to guard his employer & his income. Thanks for understanding!

Very true that the Buzzfeed photos could be totally inaccurate. I read it because I had recieved correlating information from multiple people that live in NWA.

Of course no state is doing this perfectly. I wanted to see what you all had to say, as I can't visit myself to check on family.
It wasn't a matter of offending: it was more a matter of clarification. Yes, there is that line between essential and not essential. What one of us sees one way, someone else may see it another. When it affects our family directly we may have a totally different view of the word: essential
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Im not being critical for him not locking down the state. I believe he locked down too much. I believe the same for illinois and almost every other state. Treating an entire state the same is foolish as the population densities vary by extremes. You can see it based on where the hot spots exist. Hot spots should be treated as such. Higher density populations should have greater measures in place than low density population areas. I believe the damage done to the economy will cost far more lives than this infection due to the over reaction. Time will be the judge.
I think I misunderstood what you said as well. I understand the frustration we are all facing especially when it comes to the economical side of this. I am on the fence: when i enough, enough? I appreciated Trump saying yesterday, he doesn't know which way to go. Good for him.

Old 04-11-2020, 11:39 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,741,053 times
Sorry for butting in again from California, but we just want to send a big virtual hug and wish Happy Easter to all of our future neighbors in Bella Vista. Our house is off the market for the time, but we'll try to sell again once a sense of normal returns.

God Bless, stay safe, stay home.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:36 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
I'm strongly suspecting that once things begin to open back up, there will be a requirement of a mask to enter certain businesses, possibly even grocery stores. I found some on etsy that I ordered just in preparation. I did try some of the homemade types that there are viral videos for like making a mask from folding a bandana and I couldn't breathe. I did already have some of those multi-use head wrap/mask that you could imagine a biker using to block the wind but the material on those are so thin I would not think they are very effective.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:37 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Sorry for butting in again from California, but we just want to send a big virtual hug and wish Happy Easter to all of our future neighbors in Bella Vista. Our house is off the market for the time, but we'll try to sell again once a sense of normal returns.

Happy Easter to you and everyone else on this forum.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:

You too: Best wishes to you and your wife this special day and the Easter we will not forget. We will be going to church on line and maybe getting in the car for communion which is drive through only.

Be sure and keep us posted as time goes by: hope you will soon to our neighbors.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:16 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are missing the point: of course dead is dead but we also have to realize America and our health system is very different from some other countries including China and Italy. We are more likely to identify the problems sooner, offer better care and our doctors have a little more time to spend with us as they are not working under a time limit as to how long they can spend with patients or in most cases. Also realize our gov was on top of the situation sooner than later. And I still feel the hype is somewhat over done
Am I now missing the point. I believe you were. We now have surpassed Italy in number of deaths.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

Old 04-12-2020, 06:50 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Am I now missing the point. I believe you were. We now have surpassed Italy in number of deaths.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/
We "surpass" them in numbers of people, too.
By a factor of almost 5.5 to 1.

Your statistic is irrelevant and pointless.

Last edited by TRex2; 04-12-2020 at 07:03 AM..

Old 04-12-2020, 10:18 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,741,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
We "surpass" them in numbers of people, too.
By a factor of almost 5.5 to 1.

Your statistic is irrelevant and pointless.
Another way to put this in perspective, the distance from their northern border to the end of land in Italy is less than 700 miles.

The distance from the Oregon border to the Mexican border, in California, is about 740 miles. And the USA has 49 states including California, while Italy is a single country.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:36 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
And the USA has 49 states including California, while Italy is a single country.
I was in Italy for a couple years, and they don't think of themselves as one state.
In fact they can barely stand each other.

OTOH, I would say comparing our width to theirs might be illustrative

BTW: I need some prayers today. God has opened the door, starting tonight, for me to teach theology again, after many years away from teaching. As I pointed out in an earlier post, God did not give me the ability to retain understanding of things that I leave idle in my mind, so I need to relearn some stuff. Pray that God guides me to say the right things, and to shut up when I am finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas