Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2017, 07:42 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,812 times

Advertisements

I really want to bring attention to this user, but I won't name them. I received a PM after responding to somebody in a thread, so I responded and tried to point out why I responded the way I did (I wasn't trolling). This is the gem I received back after I mentioned they'd probably enjoy the south more.

Spoiler

Before you go all gung ho, No, I'm not reporting this user. He has me blocked and that's the end of that. I'm posting this here so that everyone is still reminded that there are ignorant people in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 06:11 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I really want to bring attention to this user, but I won't name them. I received a PM after responding to somebody in a thread, so I responded and tried to point out why I responded the way I did (I wasn't trolling). This is the gem I received back after I mentioned they'd probably enjoy the south more.

Before you go all gung ho, No, I'm not reporting this user. He has me blocked and that's the end of that. I'm posting this here so that everyone is still reminded that there are ignorant people in this world.
That's one of those groups of people likes to wag their fingers at others calling them racists and fascist meanwhile they themselves are the most racist and fascist of all others. They practice hate of others all the while "protesting" against hate. It's mind boggling really that anyone follows that logic, but yet they exist.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:59 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
Gosh I would rather live in a trailer in Arkansas than the fanciest condo on a beach in California anytime.

Merry Christmas to yall in The Natural State!!

Old 12-17-2017, 03:03 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
That's one of those groups of people likes to wag their fingers at others calling them racists and fascist meanwhile they themselves are the most racist and fascist of all others. They practice hate of others all the while "protesting" against hate. It's mind boggling really that anyone follows that logic, but yet they exist.
It's pretty funny to deal with people who have an anti-south mentality. I've lived in the south for a couple of years and have had a better experience than in my 26 years that I've lived in the north. I love this state and hope to make it my home for as long as I possibly can.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Gosh I would rather live in a trailer in Arkansas than the fanciest condo on a beach in California anytime.

Merry Christmas to yall in The Natural State!!
We escaped CA many years ago. Yes, there are a few things we miss, but I am so thankful God sent us to spend our autumn years here in AR. Those who are anti south are the ones that seem to think their bigotry and biased against some people is acceptable but any bias other have against anything is wrong.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:02 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,902,442 times
Razorback Football - Am I the only one suspicious about the quick hiring of the new football coach ? The interview and vetting process normally takes weeks, and sometimes month to complete, but this man was hired in days . We shall see .

Old 12-21-2017, 06:30 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
Razorback Football - Am I the only one suspicious about the quick hiring of the new football coach ? The interview and vetting process normally takes weeks, and sometimes month to complete, but this man was hired in days . We shall see .
It really wasn't that quick by today's standards, Fossil. Bret Bielema was fired Nov. 25th and Chad Morris was hired Dec. 6th. A lot of schools announce new hires as soon as a day after a resignation/firing. Morris wasn't even their first choice.....they wanted Gus Malzahn, but he used Arkansas' interest as leverage to get a hefty raise at Auburn. Regardless, they needed to have a coach in place asap because national signing day was yesterday and Morris needed a couple weeks to recruit to his new school.

I don't think this hiring is tied to any kind of conspiracy. Everyone and their dog knew Bielema was on his way out, and as such UA had obviously been doing their homework on coaching candidates well in advance of the deed being done.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:39 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,902,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyryztoll View Post
it really wasn't that quick by today's standards, fossil. Bret bielema was fired nov. 25th and chad morris was hired dec. 6th. A lot of schools announce new hires as soon as a day after a resignation/firing. Morris wasn't even their first choice.....they wanted gus malzahn, but he used arkansas' interest as leverage to get a hefty raise at auburn. Regardless, they needed to have a coach in place asap because national signing day was yesterday and morris needed a couple weeks to recruit to his new school.

I don't think this hiring is tied to any kind of conspiracy. Everyone and their dog knew bielema was on his way out, and as such ua had obviously been doing their homework on coaching candidates well in advance of the deed being done.

o.k.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
o.k.
remember with the awful year the Razonback's had it was pretty apparent our coach for next year would be new, so I am guessing the hunt was on for a heck of a lot longer than many of us realize.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas