Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Yeah, but it has some validity in Asia as well.

Actually, I think it's how they are raised. So a Korean family or Indian family, still retains that 'Only Indian' or 'Only Korean' well into the U.S.
Exactly!

Quote:
those stats are asian americans.....basically people who have lived in the USA for generations...and have been around people of different races since birth

its a bit different in home countries....
You really need to understand statistics better. Just because it is Asian American, it does not mean they have been here many generations. Because Asians are the fastest growing minority population, I would wager that a good chunk of respondants were 1st gen or 2nd gen immigrants.

Given the remainder of the PEW report, I would also say that many families retain the majority of their traditional values, regardless if they have been here for decades or if they have just moved here.

For what it is worth, my wife is Japanese and she is still a citizen of Japan and a Green Card resident here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Exactly!

You really need to understand statistics better. Just because it is Asian American, it does not mean they have been here many generations. Because Asians are the fastest growing minority population, I would wager that a good chunk of respondants were 1st gen or 2nd gen immigrants.

Given the remainder of the PEW report, I would also say that many families retain the majority of their traditional values, regardless if they have been here for decades or if they have just moved here.

For what it is worth, my wife is Japanese and she is still a citizen of Japan and a Green Card resident here.
actually in such studies they seperate foreign born from US born...then they have stats showing both combined...but usually asian-americans would be 2nd generation and on

I think many americans think all asians in america are fresh of the boat...when many asian americans have had ancestry dating back to the late 1800s in america

Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
actually in such studies they seperate foreign born from US born...then they have stats showing both combined...but usually asian-americans would be 2nd generation and on

I think many americans think all asians in america are fresh of the boat...when many asian americans have had ancestry dating back to the late 1800s in america

This does not change, many more are coming to the USA to work and live. I agree, since the mid 1800s you can trace many families.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
This does not change, many more are coming to the USA to work and live. I agree, since the mid 1800s you can trace many families.
yes but they wouldnt be labeled under asian-americans....actually many asians who immigrate to the USA are already married...that wasnt the case in earlier times when young asian males immigrated to the USA alone

Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
Chinese and Japanese women are MUCH COOLER with dating interacially than Korean women.

As a black guy, Chinese, Japanese and Filipino women are your best bet.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Chinese and Japanese women are MUCH COOLER with dating interacially than Korean women.

As a black guy, Chinese, Japanese and Filipino women are your best bet.
if we are talking about asian nationals....then chinese and filipina would not be good bets....

Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,747,321 times
Quote:
if we are talking about asian nationals....then chinese and filipina would not be good bets....
There is racism towards blacks in almost every East Asian/SE Asian country, but I don't think the Philippines is any worse in than the others in that regard. In fact it's probably better because it's so American influenced. I mean there are a few black celebrities (mostly very minor roles) in the Philippines, not sure how common that it is in other Asian countries

Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM

255 posts, read 565,477 times
Quote:
How would you know about China? I saw with my own eyes, a middle aged African American
having it away with model like women half his age. Lot's of people on here try to qualify their
opinions as fact when they have never left the states, or haven't lived in China, if they did
they would know colour isn't the drawback that it is in Korea.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
There is racism towards blacks in almost every East Asian/SE Asian country, but I don't think the Philippines is any worse in than the others in that regard. In fact it's probably better because it's so American influenced. I mean there are a few black celebrities (mostly very minor roles) in the Philippines, not sure how common that it is in other Asian countries
lol I dont think comedic roles were you are the butt of jokes is something good

again american influence is pretty much centered around the capital, Manila

Spanish influence in Philippines is much stronger...and you know how racist latin countries can be,,,,

Manila is the least racist place in the Philippines.....but Philippines as a country can be very xenophobic(towards blacks, indians, arabs)

Japan is only xenophobic against other asians....but you will get royal treatment if your non-asian from what I have seen

Last edited by ejay1; 11-26-2012 at 10:17 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
Quote:
Chinese women like black men as a whole as told by black men who travel to China.

Filipino women are cool with black men as a whole.

No Asian women are as racist as Korean women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia