Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:12 PM

12 posts, read 27,646 times

Advertisements

Do most Americans like or dislike Filipino and Southeast Asians women and culture?

Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,655,713 times
Thaland and philippines is probably favored, being the us allies and such but indonesia? Most populous muslim country, not so much.

Well women wise, there are a lot of american expat who marry local ladies so theres not much hate there.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,077 times
http://www.returnofkings.com/8235/th...to-find-a-wife

AMERICAN MEN : Honorable mentions ( for those who like asian women )
.................................................. ......................................
1) Japan ( female )
2) Thailand and Laos ( female )
3) Mongolia ( female )
4) Indonesia ( female )
5) Taiwan ( female )
6) Vietnam ( female )

Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,256,227 times
I do not know about most Americans men but I love them.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,465,509 times
a large percentage of American men like Filipino & SEA women

Philippines is the most liked [popular] probably because of cultural and language , not much language or cultural barriers with the PI

I noticed Japanese women are highly thought of , Ive heard many Americans say they prefer the Japanese over any other asian

but I dont hear much positive talk about Filipino & SEA men, mostly the ladies

Old 04-03-2014, 06:10 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,810,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
a large percentage of American men like Filipino & SEA women

Philippines is the most liked [popular] probably because of cultural and language , not much language or cultural barriers with the PI

I noticed Japanese women are highly thought of , Ive heard many Americans say they prefer the Japanese over any other asian

but I dont hear much positive talk about Filipino & SEA men, mostly the ladies
There isn't as much fetishization of Asian males as females (perhaps because female sailors didn't go over to the far East, or not many of them? lol jk). But that might change to an extent as Asian culture becomes more influentnial. Not that fetishization per se is a good thing.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,748 times
There is still a lot of differences between Americans and Phillippines people, one being the world's superpower, the other being a much poorer ally of the former. There must be some Americans who look down on the people of the poorer countries, with discrimination against them to a certain extent existing in America.

Generally speaking, American ladies do not like men from developing countries. Some positive views on men from Japan, Korea, Taiwan & even Singapore exist due to the popular culture of these developed countries. Good-looking, nice and talented male stars of these developed asian countries attract many female fans across international borders.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:45 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,256,227 times
In recent years, I am seeing more and more western single women in the Philippines and many of those I see probably would have a hard time getting a date back home (just like many of the western men here), yet in the Philippines Filipinos seem to be falling all over themselves to go out with them. My guess is that since heavy is seen as rich, both heavy men and women have a better chance here than they would back home. So at least in the Philippines, American women and men seem to be desired and thought of positively for the most part.

Now as a side to that, I have found for the most part that many of rich Filipinos do not want us westerners here and definitely do not want any of us trying to tell them how to fix their country.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:31 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,810,713 times
I don't know if they blow it up, but there's this trend of women from wealthy western countries going to Bali because of the men. They say the men treat them well, etc. Same with Turkey, parts of Africa.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:36 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,655,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I don't know if they blow it up, but there's this trend of women from wealthy western countries going to Bali because of the men. They say the men treat them well, etc. Same with Turkey, parts of Africa.
Its true loads of japanese, australians, and many european ladies marries local men here in indonesia, quiet a lot actually i've met in bali. And they dont make that cowboy in paradise documentary out of nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia