Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:45 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
According to an online Wall Street Journal article (accessible via paywall), Duterte's dislike of the US was influenced by his Muslim grandmother and a Communist professor at the university he attended.
I was able to read this one they do some good articles. Duterte has gone full blown communist he basically has come out and said it while he has been in China.

Behind Duterte

Duterte : "I’ve realigned myself in your (China's) ideological flow.”

“In this venue I announce my separation from the United States.”

“Americans are loud, sometimes rowdy.”

Duterte is basing his politics on stuff that happened 100 years ago and drunk rednecks at country concerts. Lol he's so old, stupid, and uneducated it's tragic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 02:13 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I won't really consider japan a minion of US, thought it may seem like that to many.. Well
It certainly is. It's a castrated country and the only who was ever nuked. And the funny thing is that it absolutely loves the country that nuked it. If that's not a slavish minion, I don't know what is.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:14 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
A minion of the US? Clearly a thread started by someone that doesn't know much about things. Probably listened to too much Duterte propaganda. It's called being allies.

If the Filipinos let the country turn into, and/or be controlled by a communist country under the completely insane dictator Duterte. I guarantee you at least half of it's population will be swimming to the U.S., or die trying.

I imagine they trust Thailand for one example, but are you serious? Does anyone in their right mind trust China or North Korea?
China is pretty sane, and you just can't lump it with NK. If you do, you clearly have no rational objective credibility. Give me a break.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:23 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
It certainly is. It's a castrated country and the only who was ever nuked. And the funny thing is that it absolutely loves the country that nuked it. If that's not a slavish minion, I don't know what is.
China got castrated by Mao. And raped too. It took far, far longer than Japan to get its crap together after that. The quality of life and freedom in Japan would still be preferable to most than China. China doesn't even trust its own citizens - hence the sanitized internet they get. Treats its citizens like children. And people, including some on here, paid by the Party to voice positive opinions!

Some countries main identity now comes only from their opposition to the US. Its just silly.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:34 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
You must be the Japanese version of Duterte or something. I've never been there but Japan is a great country as far as I know and from what I have read. I love looking at pictures of it. It's way overpopulated, and has zero diversity but it is what it is that doesn't equate to being castrated nor does it have anything to do with the US. I would like to know how it's castrated unless you're talking about the whole military issue after WWII.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 10-21-2016 at 02:45 PM..

Old 10-21-2016, 03:36 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
China is clearly looking to build out a naval presence away from its mainland. US, Japan, China, and India have been competing to build deepwater ports in SE Asia to project their maritime trade status.

Philippines seen to benefit from China

China doesn't want to get into one of those "short" wars the Rand Corp advises and be exposed to a large number of civilian casualties while the US mainland is unaffected.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:55 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
China is clearly looking to build out a naval presence away from its mainland. US, Japan, China, and India have been competing to build deepwater ports in SE Asia to project their maritime trade status.

Philippines seen to benefit from China

China doesn't want to get into one of those "short" wars the Rand Corp advises and be exposed to a large number of civilian casualties while the US mainland is unaffected.
The ChiCom's are going to get access to some very nice Navel installations. We spent boatloads of money building them!

Old 10-21-2016, 05:09 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Good luck people. Hope you all enjoy becoming provinces in the new Southeast Asia Chinese empire.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:52 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,463,657 times
Wink access to naval ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
The ChiCom's are going to get access to some very nice Navel installations. We spent boatloads of money building them!
the Chinese are using their noggins instead of weapons, the smart way, better to make a friend with neighboring countries than make an enemy.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:10 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
When you get an unstable, somehow extremist leader...
Trump would be fun to watch. Too bad he is likely to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia