Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:47 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,828,111 times

Advertisements

That leaves South Korea and Singapore as the obvious minions of US in Asia left I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 03:12 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
That leaves South Korea and Singapore as the obvious minions of US in Asia left I suppose.
Israel and Japan.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:59 AM

210 posts, read 275,594 times
Phillippines is a minion of The Communist Party of China. You think that's a good thing?

Old 10-21-2016, 06:44 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
I'm happy we are getting uninvolved in Philippines future squabbles...we also need to pull out of S. korea, Japan, Germany, Middle East.

Duterte is an idiot. If PHils got their corruption under control, their citizens would all benefit...that's their biggest problem and why their citizens have to leave the Phils and work all over the world. i've had many Filipinos work for me over the last 15 years, they are great workers.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:02 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
You have the current Phill. president playing the "I Hate the US" political card, very common. It gets him a few votes and diverts from the curruption problem they have out there....for awhile, until he gets tossed out. These leaders come and go. Once tension ramps up with the People's Republic of China (over S. China Sea or a multitude of other issues) then you can expect Phillippines to ask for US intervention (in other words "help save my ass"). That's typical of every country.

But the current political climate in the US is to withdraw somewhat from world leadership, for better or worse. In other words the US can give a rat's ass what Duterte thinks. So that has a lot to do with it as well. Let's see how "leading from behind" works, that last 8 years hasn't been promising.

Forget the US. What amazes me, being to Asia and talking to the locals, is how many of these countries distrust it's neighboring countries.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
Phillippines is a minion of The Communist Party of China. You think that's a good thing?
i'm not from Phillippines so no comments.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Israel and Japan.
I won't really consider japan a minion of US, thought it may seem like that to many.. Well

Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm happy we are getting uninvolved in Philippines future squabbles...we also need to pull out of S. korea, Japan, Germany, Middle East.

Duterte is an idiot. If PHils got their corruption under control, their citizens would all benefit...that's their biggest problem and why their citizens have to leave the Phils and work all over the world. i've had many Filipinos work for me over the last 15 years, they are great workers.
Hmm how about my country Singapore ? Should US pull out of Singapore too ?

Old 10-21-2016, 07:31 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Hmm how about my country Singapore ? Should US pull out of Singapore too ?
I'm talking about militarily...if we have military in Singapore (do we?), then yes we should pull out of Singapore too. Of course, we want to trade and have good relations with everyone who wants to trade and have positive relations.

Obama in my opinion possibly overstepped his rights in his criticism of Duterte (even though I agreed with what Obama said, he should have said it in private) but Duterte made unwarranted and personal attacks on Obama that are inexcusable.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:56 AM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What amazes me, being to Asia and talking to the locals, is how many of these countries distrust it's neighboring countries.
Sorry but it's not like these countries are Canada over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia