Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 03:24 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
They're in the US camp just like eastern Germany was in Russia's camp 1945-1989...you see the point now. Even if we assume the world is divided between pro-russian retards vs pro-american retards then Israel has 8% russian jews, why would they be pro-american is beyond me. edit: googled it...i was wrong, it's not 8% but 15% as of 2013...so even worse.
Eastern Germany was part of the Warsaw Pact. Israel has Russian Jews who fled from the Soviet Union. Many of them have a negative view of Russia. The US has a large Jewish lobby that promotes the closeness of the country. Hardly a relationship si Ilan to that of East Germany.

Quote:
I mean China haven't done anything significant recently that will put them as no 1 in the world, they've created the great wall which was unseen achievement but still centuries old, just like the invention of the compass or the silk, gun powder etc. None of these is recent but you can't exaggerate Huawei or Binance.com or Baidu.com as something innovative, without-alternative, global, moral or anything...
What’s impressive about those organizations isn’t necessarily the new technology on display, but the growth that they’ve shown over recent years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 03:28 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
That's what the original post is about -- China's Belt and Road Initiatives, and NY Times said its significant to create a center of globe economic zone.

The old thinking is one has to be a sea power, with gunboat policies like other Western piracies. This one is all peaceful, all benevolent. The next round of technology innovations will be centered around 5G, AI ... that's why you see the rogue act of arresting Huawei executive over Iran sanctions.
Don’t be naive, China is also building up its fleet to exert control over the South China Sea and expand further into the Pacific and Indian oceans. Gunboat policy will always play a major role regardless of who’s doing it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spratly_Islands_dispute

Old 04-19-2019, 04:43 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times
China has practically taken over Vietnam. South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan, and other nearby countries are terrified of China's imperial ambitions.

But that is not what the Party comrades in this thread want us to believe. No, they actually think they can convince people that China is all benevolent, kind, and loving.

Last edited by davidt1; 04-19-2019 at 05:39 PM..

Old 04-20-2019, 07:16 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Westerners won't be comfortable if China leads. It is a complex topic involving culture, history as well as human biology.

It's also "scary" to think a non-democtratic meritocracy actually works. So many values are suddenly subverted.

Westerners are scared of being in a concentration camp. Saw what happened to the Tibetans, saw what happened to the uighers (although the reds could say they are nipping jihad in the bud), and see what's happening to hong kong. Red China is a dictatorship that uses state capitalism as a weapon. you can't vote. You cannot approve or disapprove the leaders and what they are doing. No dissent is tolerated. There is no free independent press. You don't know if your milk is poisoned or if there is cardboard in your bao. They still eat dogs in a non-survival non-starvation situation.

China thinks its the center of world and always has. Zhong means center. Everyone else that is nonHan is a barbarian. China always complains about japanese WWII atrocities but now the People's liberation army is no better than the Japanese imperial army. They rape Tibetans and uighers and suppress PLA veterans.

Its trying control the south china seas and enslave the southeast asia. It supports North korea and pakistan.

China is not a meritocracy. Its all about guanxi. You need connections, networks, and money to climb the ladder and become emperor and the son of heaven. If you fail, you end up like bo xilai.

China should be split into 3 kingdoms of wei, wu, and shu. Easier to manage and less of a threat to the world order.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-writer.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That is racist crap. I actually work for a Chinese company most of the time these days. Being German myself, they are rather compatible with me, also on the serious, solid, reliable, quiet side. I used to work for an American company years ago and just couldn't take those people's ways, which is why I quit.
With the Chinese my only problem is the very different time zone and their names I have a hard time remembering.
The Chinese bought a lot of companies here in Portugal, they are fine, long-term investors, rarely interfere, usually they leave the old, successful management in place.

I can understand that to people from the West China is a big unknown, completely different traditions, language etc., thus at first a bit scary. And gee, they even look different, we all know what that means to the white men you mention

Germany will end up just like the US and english rust belt, and africa once their silk road conquers europe.

Quote:
I think the West is being hypocritical. In the past for instance facial recognition was also developed in the West, but now that Chinese and Russian companies are the best at it, all of a sudden the West complains about the danger of its abuse as supposedly witnessed in China. At the same time the US government is quietly pushing the NIST to boost its facial recognition research.

We lost all our rights once those planes hit the towers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdqEuLhlexY

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
China has practically taken over Vietnam. South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan, and other nearby countries are terrified of China's imperial ambitions.

But that is not what the Party comrades in this thread want us to believe. No, they actually think they can convince people that China is all benevolent, kind, and loving.

All your base will belong to PLA

Old 04-20-2019, 11:04 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Putin will be proud...I mean I can agree with some of the chinese fandom, given their hard work ethic + high atheism % and long history but any falling for "Russian companies" is pure propaganda straight from Кремл.
What do you mean by falling for? I mentioned them because there are rankings based on the percentage of correct hits of face recognition software, and it just so happens that Chinese and Russian companies dominate those rankings.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:11 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

Except for Taiwan (which I agree is Chinese, the island was simply stolen by the guys who lost the civil war) and a couple of islands (whose ownership is dubious as they are uninhabited) China is not a threat to any of those countries. In view of 20th century history, I can totally understand the Chinese when they make sure the fascists from Japan will never become a threat to China again. But China is not attacking Japan. Those two countries are quite close economically, with Japan producing a lot of stuff in China.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:59 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,750,727 times
China has never attacked Japan in 4000 years of history. The only exception was in Yuan Dynasty, when China was ruled by Mongols. The Mongols launched an attack and failed.
China only attacked Korea several times, and the last one was 1000 years ago. It is true that Korea was a tributary state.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:02 PM

1,300 posts, read 959,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Westerners won't be comfortable if China leads. It is a complex topic involving culture, history as well as human biology.
Many white men don't want an Asian (male) manager for similar reasons.

It's also "scary" to think a non-democtratic meritocracy actually works. So many values are suddenly subverted.
China will never lead nor reach its full potential so long as it remains politically backward and authoritarian. This is something the communist party cant admit, for selfish reasons.

And Chinas government is not a meritocracy nor does it work nearly as well as western democracies

Old 04-20-2019, 01:34 PM

1,087 posts, read 781,889 times
China is culturally, politically different from Western countries. That alone does not make China inherently bad. The current world order was established by Western countries since industrial revolution. So what can we say about current world order? Let's see: it started from European colonial robberies of non-European continents, genocide of natives ... all for a single purpose of white supremacy, can anything be worse than this? Whatever China can bring will be one giant step for mankind to land on moon.

Anyone can own and lead in future technologies, there is no "stealing".

Old 04-20-2019, 02:07 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Quote:
What do you mean by falling for? I mentioned them because there are rankings based on the percentage of correct hits of face recognition software, and it just so happens that Chinese and Russian companies dominate those rankings.

Maybe you're right about china since they're asian and smart and what not but the only russian companies that will dominate something are the ones who make vodka...maybe vodka finlandia is russian-owned who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia