Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 02:21 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
China will never lead nor reach its full potential so long as it remains politically backward and authoritarian. This is something the communist party cant admit, for selfish reasons.

And Chinas government is not a meritocracy nor does it work nearly as well as western democracies

I never understand why it's such a big deal to foreigners that China is authoritarian. Most of the people the Chinese are "oppressing" are other Chinese. Also, as bad as China is to the Uyghurs and Tibetans, I would rather be a Uyghur or Tibetan living under Chinese governance than be a Palestinian living in the Occupied Territories under Israeli sovereignty (I'm mentioning Israel since it is considered one of the top democracies in the world).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 03:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
China will never lead nor reach its full potential so long as it remains politically backward and authoritarian. This is something the communist party cant admit, for selfish reasons.

And Chinas government is not a meritocracy nor does it work nearly as well as western democracies
Politicians in the West suck as well, especially on the federal level.

Also, hardly any of the big world civilizations were democracies.

I have come to have a rather negative view of the whole concept of democracy by now.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:54 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

I have come to have a rather negative view of the whole concept of democracy by now.

Germany had most of its industrial development when it was authoritarian and under Prussian hegemony. It's hard to say whether democracies are a superior form of governance since the overwhelming majority of modern democracies are just coasting on the developments made by their authoritarian predecessors.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:33 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
I never understand why it's such a big deal to foreigners that China is authoritarian. Most of the people the Chinese are "oppressing" are other Chinese. Also, as bad as China is to the Uyghurs and Tibetans, I would rather be a Uyghur or Tibetan living under Chinese governance than be a Palestinian living in the Occupied Territories under Israeli sovereignty (I'm mentioning Israel since it is considered one of the top democracies in the world).

Except the Chinese will soon be oppressing me! That's the difference. Unless the uyghurs went back to tengrism, paganism, or godlessness, I don't care much what happens to them. But china even oppresses the assimilated uyghurs. Unless you are han and a party member, you are barbarian or peasant. I don't care what happens to gaza. Gaza voted hamas in. Hamas wages jihad. They deserve what they voted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Democracy might suck buts its better than the rest. Saw Zimbabwe when one leader is in power for too long or Venezuela where communists mismanage a resource rich country.

Quote:
Germany had most of its industrial development when it was authoritarian and under Prussian hegemony. It's hard to say whether democracies are a superior form of governance since the overwhelming majority of modern democracies are just coasting on the developments made by their authoritarian predecessors.

Germany also brought down the roman empire, Caused 2 world wars, and put people in concentration camps just like what communist china is doing to uyghers and tibeteans. They freaking gassed them and burned the bodies with lean six sigma efficiency.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:55 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,750,727 times
^^ Look at your posts here. 90% are China bashing. Are you paid? I want some extra cash too.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:50 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
^^ Look at your posts here. 90% are China bashing. Are you paid? I want some extra cash too.

^^ Look at your posts here. 90% are supporting authoritarianism of the Communist Party of China. Are you a member of PLA Unit 61398? I want it dissolved and it members liquidated.

No. I'm not paid. If i had extra cash I would invest it in stocks or real estate and pay off any debts.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
And it was Bismarck for instance who invented the world's first social security system. In the current democratic system the opposing parties would have endless ideological discussion and nothing would be decided, or at best a lame compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Except the Chinese will soon be oppressing me! That's the difference. Unless the uyghurs went back to tengrism, paganism, or godlessness, I don't care much what happens to them. But china even oppresses the assimilated uyghurs. Unless you are han and a party member, you are barbarian or peasant. I don't care what happens to gaza. Gaza voted hamas in. Hamas wages jihad. They deserve what they voted for.

Democracy might suck buts its better than the rest. Saw Zimbabwe when one leader is in power for too long or Venezuela where communists mismanage a resource rich country.

Germany also brought down the roman empire, Caused 2 world wars, and put people in concentration camps just like what communist china is doing to uyghers and tibeteans. They freaking gassed them and burned the bodies with lean six sigma efficiency.
Better in what sense? The purpose of a government is to get things done, to guide the whole country to a better future, i.e. with employment, education, health care, social security system, external safety, etc.

Zimbabwe also is a democracy, Mugabe got to power because his party was elected. But like many democracies it turned out a fiasco.
That's the point. A democracy doesn't work just because it is a democracy. Some democracies simply fail. And it is the same with kingdoms, some work, others don't, depends on who the person at the top is.

Here in Portugal the glorious days were all under kings and queens, while today it is a tiny, backwards, irrelevant country dependent on Brussels, infested with corruption, nepotism, unashamed enrichment etc.
When the populace are mostly morons, elections and listening to what the populace wants is a very bad idea.

There is no comparison between Nazi Germany and China today. The Chinese do not kill those ethnic minorities, some radical ones are put in reeducation camps.
By the way, since you mention it, gas chambers were suggested to the Nazis by Californian eugenicists, who supported the Nazis in every way they could as they planned getting rid of minorities in the US, too.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:03 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,750,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
^^ Look at your posts here. 90% are supporting authoritarianism of the Communist Party of China. Are you a member of PLA Unit 61398? I want it dissolved and it members liquidated.

No. I'm not paid. If i had extra cash I would invest it in stocks or real estate and pay off any debts.
I'm Chinese so I like to show more positive images of Chinese people, since western media are extremely biased against China. That said, many of my posts are not even about China or politics.

But you? Besides your negative aptitude and personal hatred, what makes you smear China all days and all nights, and for free? Attempt of being a troll is a legitimate reason. Another?

Old 04-21-2019, 11:11 AM

It is the deeply rooted, ideological and racist intolerance towards anything different.
The West is afraid of China being successful despite not being like the West. After all, all the civil wars and coups in Latin America, the efforts to destroy any leftist countries like Cuba have the same logic behind them, namely trying to prevent a leftist country from being successful as others might emulate that.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:30 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Bettafish and Neuling literally said they're against democracy in favour of authoritarianism. I think there's solid chance they post this from Beijing's communist party's headquarters. And how are people "racist" when they prefer more-slanted Japan or Korea than China (maybe it's because Hong Kongers shold be more tanned who knows...). Lastly there is nothing left-wing to be a dictatorship, left-wing is about freedom not internet censorship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia