Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 06:47 PM

536 posts, read 323,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
lol he looks as northern as north Italian or even German, look closely at the blue eyes. Hell he looks more white than what I see in eastern europe, if you think Egyptians look that white it may explain some sort of American politics.
Yeah, he definitely does not look like typical egyptian. He would stand out in the crowd there for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 06:49 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Yeah, he definitely does not look like typical egyptian. He would stand out in the crowd there for sure.

Maybe even Lebanon too...I can vouch for Israel as I've been there and have seen Israelis abroad too, they have some 10% russian-jews who will look that northern.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:51 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
lol he looks as northern as north Italian or even German, look closely at the blue eyes. Hell he looks more white than what I see in eastern europe, if you think Egyptians look that white it may explain some sort of American politics.
I never said that he couldn't pass of for an Italian. He asked if he looked Arab and I responded in kind. And yes, there are Egyptians who are very white.

Old 11-02-2019, 03:20 AM

290 posts, read 179,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Do I look like an arab?

You could look like an arab, I have been to arabic countries were many people look like you.

You could also look European like Greek, Italian, Spaniard, Portuguese, even French.

You could easily be levantine like Lebanese, Turkish, Syrian...

you look like a typical Mediterranean guy.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:05 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,207,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backpaker View Post

sort of how Americans know that Mexicans are not the same thing as Native Americans, You don't need to be snobbier or knowledgeable, this is just common sense you get as you live And see people.
Really? An overwhelming majority of Mexicans are mostly Native American, with little or no European ancestry.

And don't be misled by Alphabets. The Kyrgyz anf Kazakh languages of central Asia, members of the Turkic group, have officially switched through three alphabets in the past century -- Arabic, Latin and Cyrillic. Kazakhstan has a target of 2025 to go back to Latin.

Last edited by cebuan; 11-02-2019 at 04:19 AM..

Old 11-02-2019, 04:33 AM

536 posts, read 323,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Really? An overwhelming majority of Mexicans are mostly Native American, with little or no European ancestry.

And don't be misled by Alphabets. The Kyrgyz anf Kazakh languages of central Asia, members of the Turkic group, have officially switched through three alphabets in the past century -- Arabic, Latin and Cyrillic. Kazakhstan has a target of 2025 to go back to Latin.
With little or no european ancestry? Most mexicans that speak spanish language as a native language seem definitely to be mixed about 50/50 with slight european advantage I would say. There are also definitely a lot of people that could be classified as castizos there.

Old 11-02-2019, 05:22 AM

290 posts, read 179,441 times
From my experience you can classify Latin America as follows

Predominantly native and indigenous:
Mexico, Central America, Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru.
That is where you find Mayans, Aztek, incan people with Asian features Reminiscent of the people who came from Asia during the Ice age.

Predominantly mixed, With many whites, blacks, indigenous living As a society:
Cuba, panama, Colombia Brazil, Venezuela.

More towards European:
Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay

Old 11-02-2019, 07:52 AM

4,397 posts, read 4,286,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Do I look like an arab?

Possibly Lebanese or Syrian. Though not from the Arabian Peninsula.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:20 AM

3,174 posts, read 1,274,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Possibly Lebanese or Syrian. Though not from the Arabian Peninsula.
Syrians are too dark.

We have many in Turkey and once you see one, it is quite obvious in just one second that he is from syria. In just one second!

I haven't seen one single syrian in Turkey.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 11-03-2019 at 01:41 AM..

Old 11-03-2019, 06:16 AM

3,174 posts, read 1,274,616 times
I meant that I havent seen one single syrian, that is white in Turkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia