Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
told a bible thumper on numerous occasions to not to come to my door keep telling me it is there right to do so. so i called the local police and entered a harassment complaint and trespass person was not happy when the police told them next time the will go to jail and that goes for anyone from their storefront cult church. made my nite after over a year of this fool pounding on my door like it was a life and death matter. the po told him and her that their freedom of religion is also my freedom from.

Or you could answer the door wearing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,037 times
If I see it is these kind of folks at the door I grab my book by Anton Lavey before I answer the door.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 AM

584 posts, read 1,934,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Very tolerant, peaceful and loving you are.

I don't think you called the police anyway, or that the police even bothered doing anything about it.
well let see the fools just opened the door made a illegal entry call. one know the g/f knows the girl is bi so they leave all kinds of crap for her to repent, the police in this town will answer such calls. aside from opening my door returning when told not to i have not one problem with them but pounding on the door like their cops and the place is burning down...the neighbors do not want them. religion does not give the right to harass you. if you do not answer they keep pounding. then try your knob. next time the g/f thinks she be naked for them as that is how she likes to be when she is home. hell we should both give them a treat.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
Answer the door buck nekkid, with a bottle of JD, and invite them to come right in.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:23 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Answer the door buck nekkid, with a bottle of JD, and invite them to come right in.
Or, invite them in, pour them a cup of coffee and then when they are comfortably settled, turn the computer speakers up and Google "meatspin".

Old 12-08-2012, 03:35 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I'll be happy when atheists stop telling me how to live my life.
That doesn't happen.

What does happen is that you get extreme butthurt if an atheist calls you out for YOU trying to impose YOUR god, morals, beliefs, hallucinations, saviors, hells and beliefs on others.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:43 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,083,615 times
Hmmmm....door to door atheists, we could go to Mr5150's house and tell him that he should not believe in god or gods, that he should support education and humanitarian purposes with the money saved from his tithes......

Like that is ever going to happen. WE ATHESIST/AGOSTICS/NON-THEISTS are interested in freedom, personal liberty and the betterment of the human race through human efforts. We do not go door to door soliciting members; instead weput our hard earned money in donation boxes of hospitals, universities, schools, food banks, human rights groups and other humanitarian organizations in which to further our quality of life today and tomorrow for our children.

We do not need to solicit door to door. The reason for that is that the truth does not need to be forced ,sold or administrated to others. This is where churches and the like are failing: They have to "Administrate" the Bible to the followers. They have people within the congregation who coerce others to follow and believe it, who check up on others to see that they are in fact "living by the Bible". This is an example of forcing something on someone that would otherwise be written off as the myth it is.......
If the Bible, the religions, the JWs etc etc ad nauseum were all teaching something that is so absolutely true as to make it obvious, then why do they have to "Force" their beliefs on others? Their beliefs persevere not through their inherent esoteric truth or social responsibility, but through strict theocratic control. That much is obvious.

Of course explaining it to these people would make no sense, as the synapsis of their collective cerebullar organs has long been blocked by forced propoganda. Instead, I have had them walk away speechless just by using words like "deist" atheist " and "secular humanist." No other threats or coercion is neccesary on my part.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Good move.
Ditto!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Very tolerant, peaceful and loving you are.

I don't think you called the police anyway, or that the police even bothered doing anything about it.
Haven't you figured out yet that nobody cares what you think?!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
Actually, be nice to the kids. They are so indoctrinated in their religion, they really earnestly believe you need to be "saved".

Give them a bottle of water, thank them for their time, and send them on their way.

Thank you, from a Mom, of two of those "Bible Thumpers", who went on an LDS mission.

And they really are not such bad kids, because, if you have a "servic project around your house, like those cupboards in the kitchen that need to be painted, or the garage that needs to be cleaned out, invite them over to help, that is part of their mission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism