Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 08:47 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
If there's one thing myself and my husband have been good at, and lucky with, it's buying houses.
We've always somehow been in the right place at the right time. Some of it is luck, some of it is judgement.
The house we bought in California and sold three years later was literally life changing. We bought at the bottom of the market in 2011 and sold it 3 years later for... let's just say it made me have to lie on the floor when the realtor called me with 3 offers WELL over the asking price.

Here's my advice:
It's true what they say: location, location, location.
Get something the best you can afford in a good school district, in good commuter location, preferably walking distance to amenities (and public transport). You can't go wrong with these three things in my experience. That being said, I'd wait 6 months.

The market is turbulent at the moment. Prices and high because people have been moving out of the cities to the suburbs.
If I were buying something now, I'd be buying an apartment in New York City because everyone moved out and there's lots up for grabs. I wouldn't be buying out in the suburbs where everyone moved to because pretty soon everyone is going to be moving back to the cities.
(I'm not a realtor by the way, I've just always had an eye for this stuff.)
My Grandfather was also lucky, as he bought our house we now live in, which was sold because it was claimed it could not be repaired. My Grandfather's idea was to remove the house and trees and build two houses on the land. However, he then found out he could not remove the trees, it was not allowed. But when he looked at the house, he saw it could be repaired (his first business was as a building worker). We think someone had claimed it could not be repaired to try and buy the land cheap, but my Grandfather was at the right place at the right time and stole the game. So now we have a beautiful, big house on a large area of land in a good location.

Unfortunately my little brother is not having much luck, as his wife is a nurse working with Corona patients, and that indirectly effects his business. I have also lost three customers as they have had to end running their business, and one was a good friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 08:49 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Definitely a she. If you see her profile pic, you'll see a very attractive youngish woman in a come-hither pose, but she suffers terribly from some type of condition that causes her a great deal of pain. Constant pain. I wouldn't say she was a complainer, but it is an overwhelming factor in her life and she would mention that it was sometimes difficult and exhausting for her to post. She did not try to conceal her bitterness and anger over her condition, although there was never any self-pity. In fact, she took that anger and poured it into some amazing writing. Very talented with the words and could squash any self-righteous pontificating prune like a cockroach and obliterate them.
Yes, Shirina was always a good read, and helped with my English practice. I miss her posts.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:10 AM

1,799 posts, read 561,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Definitely a she. If you see her profile pic, you'll see a very attractive youngish woman in a come-hither pose, but she suffers terribly from some type of condition that causes her a great deal of pain. Constant pain. I wouldn't say she was a complainer, but it is an overwhelming factor in her life and she would mention that it was sometimes difficult and exhausting for her to post. She did not try to conceal her bitterness and anger over her condition, although there was never any self-pity. In fact, she took that anger and poured it into some amazing writing. Very talented with the words and could squash any self-righteous pontificating prune like a cockroach and obliterate them.
That sort of explains some things then. I guess I would be in the minority, but what I read of her I found her to be extremely wordy and rather impressed with her own self .

Old 03-11-2021, 12:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
That sort of explains some things then. I guess I would be in the minority, but what I read of her I found her to be extremely wordy and rather impressed with her own self .
She can get a little windy. And doesn't suffer fools. And isn't overly modest.

Old 03-11-2021, 01:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
She can get a little windy. And doesn't suffer fools. And isn't overly modest.
Her posts were informative and intelligent. Far from being amonst the most arrogant poster son these forums. Some were I tad long, I'd often skip over them and return later to give the posts the attention they deserve.

Rufius could be extremely blunt and even rude And I didn't always agree but I did enjoy most of his posts. Glad it wasn't anything he said on the political forum as whenever I have gone thete I don't see why every single poster there's isn't banned. Almost as there is a competition as to whom can be the nastiest and most hateful.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Her posts were informative and intelligent. Far from being amonst the most arrogant poster son these forums. Some were I tad long, I'd often skip over them and return later to give the posts the attention they deserve.

Rufius could be extremely blunt and even rude And I didn't always agree but I did enjoy most of his posts. Glad it wasn't anything he said on the political forum as whenever I have gone thete I don't see why every single poster there's isn't banned. Almost as there is a competition as to whom can be the nastiest and most hateful.
The politics forum is overrun with morons and professional agitators who keep the morons riled up.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:53 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,158,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
As a 'friend' I got to see her profile picture. Caramba, as they say.
Pretty sure Shirinas profile pic is public Trans.
I can see it also.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:01 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,158,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The politics forum is overrun with morons and professional agitators who keep the morons riled up.
I used to post over there a lot.
Trying to do my bit.
It was interesting when only a few short years ago you were discussing actual politics but then it moved swiftly to being overtaken by insane conspiracy theories. There's no point arguing with the perpetually deluded.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:46 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Pretty sure Shirinas profile pic is public Trans.
I can see it also.

That might explain why she doesn't seem to be on my Friends list anymore. I don't think she ever forgave me for undermining the case for alien technology with particular reference to the Teotihuacan stones.

Quote:
I used to post over there a lot.
Trying to do my bit.
It was interesting when only a few short years ago you were discussing actual politics but then it moved swiftly to being overtaken by insane conspiracy theories. There's no point arguing with the perpetually deluded.
My hat I think it's a bit trying here, sometimes. I can't imagine what it's like there.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-11-2021 at 11:54 PM..

Old 03-12-2021, 03:28 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That might explain why she doesn't seem to be on my Friends list anymore. I don't think she ever forgave me for undermining the case for alien technology with particular reference to the Teotihuacan stones.

My hat I think it's a bit trying here, sometimes. I can't imagine what it's like there.
can you imagine trying to sort through politics when people are there to fight one side only and using statements like ....

(demi or repub) cannot be allowed to pass through inattention or being worn down with constant nagging, because it hands (demi or repub) the logical default for free. Without their having to produce anything but fallacious arguments.

Yes trans ... its the other guys all right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism