Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2018, 06:05 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,367,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, no, no.

You asked us what had we done.

Now it's your turn. Don't tell us about your attitudes. Tell us your deeds.
I read posts from real fanatic fundamentalists, liberal Christians and atheists. Onto my ignore list are two groups, those who posts to create agitation and those who I do not deem to be honest in how they conduct themselves in discussions. I think the request to show what I (we) have done was posted in a feeble attempt to shut me (us) down. OzzyRules is obviously not an honest person in discussions implying that he cannot trust us or that he is too good to have to answer questions directed to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 06:08 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,956,898 times
I am still doubtful.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:11 PM

50,147 posts, read 20,955,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'll pass. Plus now I'm getting more and more skeptical of the deeds listed so far. Let's drop it.
Do you see how that looks like you can't produce anything like the doings produced by the bad Guys, so you are going to suggest that they are just lying and use that as a pretext for not having to produce anything of your own.

Quote:
Good. Now I've brought to light many of the good deeds performed by the non-religious. And if I can take them at face value they sound better than the things I've done. But I've had a general similar attitude throughout my life.

Somehow I doubt anyone will thank me for allowing members to bring these things to light.
We appreciate it, just as we apreciate the Anglican church in the UK allowing Same -sex marriage when they had a legal get out. Just as we applaud the passing of laws supporting SS in the US. And in Ireland recently, so I heard. Nobody is ignoring the good deeds. But the fact is that religion has fought this and is still fighting it.

Religion is not in the forefront of social liberation - the Bad Guys are. And we appreciate it greatly when the religious and religions get on board sooner rather than later. But it not an excuse fpr anyone to claim that they can take the credit and we secularists and humanists cannot.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-04-2018 at 06:20 PM..

Old 11-04-2018, 06:12 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,883,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
I just don't get it. I can see how you're open minded though and have some hope. But why do people take the Bible as Fact? Where is the proof? I have asked this question many times. And I never get a pure answer. Instead I just get the run around. I don't like run arounds.

This is almost 2019... I just don't get it.
Cousin Lorn, is that you?

Old 11-04-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Do you see how that looks like you can't produce anything like the doings produced by the bad Guys, so you are going to suggest that they are just lying and use that as a pretext for not having to produce anything of your own.
I don't know why you would automatically trust people on this forum, just because you agree with them on atheism.

I don't have a reason to trust people who seem to be attacking me for no reason. I don't understand it. So why should I trust them? Maybe some people just like to argue. It's hard for me to take everyone seriously on this forum. I'm not going to share things to people who I suspect may be jokesters or frauds to begin with. I don't need it. Sorry if that upsets you.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:17 PM

50,147 posts, read 20,955,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Cousin Lorn, is that you?
DM Using Personal identities may not be what's wanted in public.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Religion is not in the forefront of social liberation - the Bad Guys are. And we appreciate it greatly when they get on board sooner rather than later. But it not an excuse fpr anyone to claim that they can take the credit and we secularists and humanists cannot.
The point I was trying to make is that there are as many Bad Guys outside of religion as within it. So I don't see the point in accusing one side when it's not even a religious issue to begin with.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:19 PM

51,470 posts, read 24,844,572 times
Quote:
I'll pass. Plus now I'm getting more and more skeptical of the deeds listed so far. Let's drop it.
You are a fake.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You are a fake.
Good. Please ignore me.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:20 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,137,491 times
Quote:
Good. Now I've brought to light many of the good deeds performed by the non-religious. And if I can take them at face value they sound better than the things I've done. But I've had a general similar attitude throughout my life.

Somehow I doubt anyone will thank me for allowing members to bring these things to light.
Not if you aren’t going to reciprocate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism