Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2019, 11:48 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
No, sweetie. That forum is strictly for recipes, not discussing AR/vegan issues. You'll get banned, deleted, if you even try.
Funny, it also contains this message from a senior mod

"This sub-forum is not the place for proselytizing or attempting to convert vegetarians and vegans. It is meant for vegetarians and vegans interested in discussions among themselves and for others who want to learn more about this worldview and are interested in posing non-confrontational questions to vegetarians and vegans. Use our main Food and Drink forum if you want to debate the merits of this worldview (but do a search first to see if your topics have already been discussed

Of course, I don't know what you wrote or how you wrote it

Old 12-01-2019, 11:49 AM

952 posts, read 324,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Pretty amazing. Gen Z are even more atheistic than millennials.

https://psmag.com/ideas/gen-z-is-the...e-a-good-thing
Yes , and the suicide and drug addiction rate , reaching all time highs among that age group would seem to confirm it .

Old 12-01-2019, 11:50 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Definitely. The Internet will one day be seen as a key nail in the coffin of irrational faith. If not the final nail.
I wish I could believe that. But there are a lot of nuts whose audience has increased because of the internet.

Old 12-01-2019, 11:50 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:
Definitely. The Internet will one day be seen as a key nail in the coffin of irrational faith. If not the final nail.
I agree! But, the internet is creating a new era that changes direction every few years. It is hard to predict where it will go. In the old days changes developed from century to century. The possible lack of reproduction among the new generations is concerning. If we believe in evolution the world will belong to those that pass more DNA .

Old 12-01-2019, 11:51 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Equating these is fallacious. One should be “militantly” locked in to reality and reason. You seem to be afraid of certainty. Appearing to be moderate is not necessarily a virtue. “Suffering no fools” is also sometimes a virtue.
you are kind of playing games with words here. I totally agree that we should be militantly locked into relentless commonsense. f... its my MO here. "deny everything" and "I don't see any evidence of anything" is not militantly locked in common sense.

Don't confuse "moderate" with a person that sees valid points on both sides. I am not into "negotiating" with clearly less valid claims. I just don't care if they are my-god-only or deny everything.

Old 12-01-2019, 11:54 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you are kind of playing games with words here. I totally agree that we should be militantly locked into relentless commonsense. f... its my MO here. "deny everything" and "I don't see any evidence of anything" is not militantly locked in common sense.

Don't confuse "moderate" with a person that sees valid points on both sides. I am not into "negotiating" with clearly less valid claims. I just don't care if they are my-god-only or deny everything.
Another question that you probably won't answer. Who is 'denying everything' and what is the 'everything' that they're denying?

Old 12-01-2019, 12:05 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I believe the new generations are not religious because religion is dying. In essence they are growing up in a new era where religion is not central anymore. We will see how it goes when they grow up and take over. As I said above these kids have much less sex than prior religious generations and have been sheltered by their parents to a great extent. Psychologist Jonathan Haidt is concerned with this generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I agree! But, the internet is creating a new era that changes direction every few years. It is hard to predict where it will go. In the old days changes developed from century to century. The possible lack of reproduction among the new generations is concerning. If we believe in evolution the world will belong to those that pass more DNA .
What a strange thing to be concerned about.

Do you not believe in evolution? It is a well established fact. Assuming a certain group of people reproduce less than a different group, is this a concern to you?

Old 12-01-2019, 12:07 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Another question that you probably won't answer. Who is 'denying everything' and what is the 'everything' that they're denying?
I answer every question cold. but you can make false naked assertion any time you want.

every time something is brought up its denied by some people. at some point when it is denied all the time we can safely say "its deny everything.

I was also told by trans that we shouldn't talk about any science that theist can use that makes atheism harder to sell. he gave me a speech on it.

in fact, I was reported when somebody ask me for proof of my claim "that the biosphere is better describe as life over non life".

at some point its deny everything.

Old 12-01-2019, 12:08 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
I'm a millennial. I was raised Catholic, and I became an atheist in 2004 at the age of 14. Lies on the internet played a role in that. However, the Lord found me now in my late 20s and I'm a Christian (not Catholic).

Old 12-01-2019, 12:12 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I'm a millennial. I was raised Catholic, and I became an atheist in 2004 at the age of 14. Lies on the internet played a role in that. However, the Lord found me now in my late 20s and I'm a Christian (not Catholic).
What lies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.