Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 08:51 AM

16,821 posts, read 5,025,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
About Harry D and Phet, I can't speak, but I haven't seen anything about gender. Only a clarification of mine that (so far as I know) you ignored.
I refused to play his game, but your answer was correct. But apparently Julian can mind read my position about a position I did not make. And according to Julian's logic, you must also be incorrect and I must be correct because we agree.

But the anti-atheist cult have never been rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 09:03 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,367,414 times
Quote:
It is Not about me, other than as some kind of head honcho for a group of atheists here who are identified with some apparently unacceptable atheists out there when in fact we are part of one large group of irreligious who are (or were) altering US society in that religion does what the Constitution says it should. Which I thought we all agreed on. The day we all agree we have the same aims and I, we and the irreligious Us stop being slammed as 'anti theists', fundies and as dangerous as Stalin, all the wrangles with other non -believers will magically vanish as they are only the work of Theists and a few (but very vociferous)anti -atheist nonbelievers.

I know that...uncannily like old Vic,... you are too smart to be making silly remarks like 'pay attention to Arach' (and especially your asinine accusations of newbie atheists'). Rather he should listen to some of we old hands, and so should you, but like Gollum, perhaps you can't even try yet.

About Harry D and Phet, I can't speak, but I haven't seen anything about gender. Only a clarification of mine that (so far as I know) you ignored.

Generally, your post was a bit of a clunk; doesn't even make newbie atheist status, but it's top notch, rep -quality posting as from an atheist - bashing non -believing religion -supporter.
I am not Vic.

You make sense most of the time.

Phet and Harry D are goners. They cannot tell the difference between a man and a woman. That simply means they are in a cult. At that point the cult tenets overpower the ability to reason. Harry tries to deflect by saying I am in a cult. He will do anything to avoid answering the question. He also gets angry which is very cultish.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I refused to play his game, but your answer was correct. But apparently Julian can mind read my position about a position I did not make. And according to Julian's logic, you must also be incorrect and I must be correct because we agree.

But the anti-atheist cult have never been rational.
One more chance Harry:

Are men and women different? It is not a hard question Harry.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:21 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,809,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I am not Vic.
Didn't say you were. I just said that your methods are uncannily similarly crafty but in the end, inept.

Quote:
Like I need you to evaluate me.

Quote:
Phet and Harry D are goners. They cannot tell the difference between a man and a woman. That simply means they are in a cult. At that point the cult tenets overpower the ability to reason. Harry tries to deflect by saying I am in a cult. He will do anything to avoid answering the question. He also gets angry which is very cultish.
It isn't Or anyone who got het up in a debate would be in a cult. Do you see how your reasoning trips over its' own flat feet when you bash without thinking? Why should we ever take you seriously when Bash rather than serious discussion is your aim and agenda? Hey?

Quote:
One more chance Harry:

Do you mean in a physical way or in terms of rights and opportunities? I asked for this clarification before. You have to clear it up before you can impose such a question on anyone else. I shouldn't even need to pose it as you ought to know that it is a trick question in that unclarified form.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:26 AM

16,736 posts, read 15,743,722 times
Please stop derailing the A&A forum with remarks about cults, SJWs, and other nonsense unrated to the forum. Asking if men and women are different also applies. Here's the answer: It depends. In some ways, men and women are obviously different. In some ways, men and women are the same. We take a dim view of the use of the word "cult." It often has a very negative connotation and is considered insulting.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Didn't say you were. I just said that your methods are uncannily similarly crafty but in the end, inept.

Like I need you to evaluate me.

It isn't Or anyone who got het up in a debate would be in a cult. Do you see how your reasoning trips over its' own flat feet when you bash without thinking? Why should we ever take you seriously when Bash rather than serious discussion is your aim and agenda? Hey?

Do you mean in a physical way or in terms of rights and opportunities? I asked for this clarification before. You have to clear it up before you can impose such a question on anyone else. I shouldn't even need to pose it as you ought to know that it is a trick question in that unclarified form.
OK, I apologize fore the word cult. All I am trying to point out is that any extreme ideology can cloud reasoning. You and Mensa had no problems answering the question whereas others are paralyzed.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
OK, I apologize fore the word cult. All I am trying to point out is that any extreme ideology can cloud reasoning. You and Mensa have no problems answering the question whereas others are paralyzed.
Hardly paralyzed. They know what you are and just don't dance to your tune.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hardly paralyzed. They know what you are and just don't dance to your tune.
Labeling someone a troll is against the rules of the forum. However, it is a convenient way to avoid a simple discussion.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:09 AM

16,821 posts, read 5,025,446 times
Quote:
I am not Vic.

Phet and Harry D are goners. They cannot tell the difference between a man and a woman. That simply means they are in a cult.
You have used this argument. Try again.

Quote:
At that point the cult tenets overpower the ability to reason. Harry tries to deflect by saying I am in a cult. He will do anything to avoid answering the question.
I have answered the question. I will tell you if you are correct when you explain how we determine what is moral. Instead of your usual opinion, try making a rational argument for once.

Quote:
He also gets angry which is very cultish.
Another invention. You are confusing amusement with anger.

Quote:
One more chance Harry:

The relevant answer (yes, we know your game) is in how we determine what is moral? You know, the subject of the OP.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
Labeling someone a troll is against the rules of the forum. However, it is a convenient way to avoid a simple discussion.
Falsely accusing someone of labeling someone a troll is against the rules of the forum.

But lying is expected behaviour from dishonest posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism