Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2021, 06:05 AM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times

Advertisements

Short version I see:

1. Trans makes remark about legalizing sex work.

2. cb2008 responds by accusing Trans of wanting human trafficking legalized, including that of children, which is not at all what he said.

3. Trans seems to think it was L8 who said #2.

4. Lots of other words.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:08 AM

15,944 posts, read 6,392,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
This is such a dicey area. The grey area is just so grey.
I don't know about that. Maybe being a woman and having experienced these types of behaviors it's easier to see where the line is for me. If someone tells you where the line is then believe them. That's all you have to do. I'm a white girl so I don't have a racism file. I have to pull out my sexism file to try and relate but I can't ever really get there. I just assume that the person talking about it is speaking from good faith and I accept what they say they are experiencing and do my best to adjust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 06:08 AM

50,095 posts, read 20,853,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Not to misdirect you but that's not me.
I know it isn't.

Ok I see what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I agree but it wasn't I who expanded it (goalpost wheels rumbling) into child -sex trafficking.
It seems it was here.

Quote:
Who did that?
It was cb. I thought you got involved in that but maybe you didn't

Perhaps it's been confused that I have made it a more general discussion than your anecdote, for the reasons I said) and you had no part in the discussion (your choice) that cb really originated. And yes, I cited cb as originating it and I thought you got involved in that. Sorry if I attributed that cb quote to you rather than saying that was what dragged it in. Which is what I thought I was answering. May we move on now?

Old 03-03-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I know it isn't.

Ok I see what happened.

It seems it was here.

Perhaps it's been confused that I have made it a more general discussion than your anecdote, for the reasons I said) and you had no part in the discussion (your choice) that cb really originated. And yes, I cited cb as originating it and I thought you got involved in that. Sorry if I attributed that cb quote to you rather than saying that was what dragged it in. Which is what I thought I was answering. May we move on now?
The first cut is the deepest Trans.

Say it...

You were
W
Wr
Wr
Wrooo
Wrong

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 03-03-2021 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: It went from you said it to you were motivated by it. Dawkins motivated me to share it.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:12 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,027,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Short version I see:

2. cb2008 responds by accusing Trans of wanting human trafficking legalized, including that of children, which is not at all what he said.

4. Lots of other words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QejBwptSQZc

Old 03-03-2021, 06:15 AM

16,170 posts, read 7,142,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Short version I see:

4. Lots of other words.
Should you not be quoting what each said instead of paraphrasing? Remarking and accusing are loaded words.

The point made in my post is that legalizing sex work does not stop the trafficking of men, women, and children, one of the problems that legalizing prostitution is supposed to stop. The trafficking is the real problem, legal or not, as well as the abuse that follows. It is not about sex, it is about using bodies for trade, which dehumanizes people. Have learnt nothing from 200 years of enslaving human bodies?

Old 03-03-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
I don't know how you related me to telling my story about being drunk and someone trying to victimize me ties into sex trafficking. I was trying to point out that Dawkins saying I shouldn't be able to jail a man for doing that is unacceptable. Maybe that's what I'm missing. Make it clear for me.
Ok. From what I get looking back I got off the particular story you told and made it a more general discussion. This linked with my response to the 'sex -trade' point that cb raised but was a general discussion not related to your story specifically, because if one is arguing about particular to general, we may as well discuss the general.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:24 AM

16,170 posts, read 7,142,028 times
Quote:
Ok. From what I get looking back I got off the particular story you told and made it a more general discussion. This linked with my response to the 'sex -trade' point that cb raised but was a general discussion not related to your story specifically, because if one is arguing about particular to general, we may as well discuss the general.
You raised the specter of legalized prostitution while ranting about women’s lib and how women dont want to let men have what they want, all the while denying sexism and racism exists.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You raised the specter of legalized prostitution while ranting about women’s lib and how women dont want to let men have what they want, all the while denying sexism and racism exists.
I did indeed raise a 'specter' of something you disapprove of. I don't much care for it either as it's bloody vulgar. So are hamburgers in my opinion, but I don't want to see them banned.

And I have never denied that there is racism and sexism. I'm not even saying they shouldn't be eradicated. I'm saying that denouncing and calling for bans and criminalisation (especially playing the 'sex trafficking' card) may not be the right answer.

Quote:
The first cut is the deepest Trans.

Say it...

You were
W
Wr
Wr
Wrooo
Wrong
Very well. I checked back to see how I got it wrong. But I'll say 'I was wrong'. I confused you with cb's quote. Now what?

Old 03-03-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Very well. I checked back to see how I got it wrong. But I'll say 'I was wrong'. I confused you with cb's quote. Now what?
There is no now what. I related how that whole thing went down would look to other women. You heard "my case" and argued against my perception and that's that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism