Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 02:35 PM

197 posts, read 126,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Most atheists are agnostic atheists.

It's like this:

Do you believe any theistic claims:

Yes: Theist
No: A*theist

How sure are you:

100% gnostic
less than 100% agnostic
Quite so. It is the obvious logic of agnosticism that makes me conclude that it's an academic point of little practical use.

Is my cat a shape-shifting superhero who valiantly fights crime while I'm sleeping at night? It's conceivable. I can't prove that's not what he's been up to at the wee hours. But that's only because, in the strictest sense, little can be proven. So, sure, while I concede that I cannot prove as much, for all practical purposes I don't think that there's even the slightest actual possibility that furry little Ringo is actually SuperCat. The same goes for the existence of Ra. And Odin. God, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 04:24 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,789,459 times
Default Hyperkat.

"Is my cat a shape-shifting superhero who valiantly fights crime while I'm sleeping at night?"

Cool idea, though.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:28 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Neil DeGrasse does a segment on proving a negative.

Lay out flower around your house. Alarms that cover the windows. Wait how ever long. No foot prints or alarm triggers ... no supper hero cats.

Yes, we can make up things that can get us around it. Rational mind stop with "My cat is not a super hero". And move on.

Of course neals also knows ... when there are foot prints, we need to take some guesses. Just focusing on people that say super hereo cats are jerks so we are not discussing anything else." need to be diagnosed.

Old 03-13-2021, 05:47 AM

7,601 posts, read 4,178,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Neil DeGrasse does a segment on proving a negative.

Lay out flower around your house. Alarms that cover the windows. Wait how ever long. No foot prints or alarm triggers ... no supper hero cats.

Yes, we can make up things that can get us around it. Rational mind stop with "My cat is not a super hero". And move on.

Of course neals also knows ... when there are foot prints, we need to take some guesses. Just focusing on people that say super hereo cats are jerks so we are not discussing anything else." need to be diagnosed.
What if my cat knows how to turn off the window alarms? Ever think of that?

Old 03-14-2021, 04:06 AM

The Righteous have nothing to fear from Supakat.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:09 PM

5,547 posts, read 3,960,978 times
More than a sexism problem, 'organized atheism' has...an organization problem. There is barely such a thing as 'organized atheism'.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:20 AM

As I have said before, the answer to 'Organizing atheists is like herding cats'

is lateral thinking; think outside the box.

'You don't need to organize cats. Put out saucers of milk and they will come running'

Even Superkatz.

That's more than a smartass remark. You do not have to organize atheists. Just provide what they want and need, and they will do, individually or in small groups, what they want to and need. This is why the internet (and discussion forums) were basic is in what was dubbed (by theist opponents, i believe -not atheists) 'New' atheism. Which was only old atheism with a voice.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:39 PM

63,940 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That's more than a smartass remark. You do not have to organize atheists. Just provide what they want and need, and they will do, individually or in small groups, what they want to and need. This is why the internet (and discussion forums) were basic is in what was dubbed (by theist opponents, i believe -not atheists) 'New' atheism. Which was only old atheism with a voice.
A very dishonest and deceptive voice driven by fear of (or hatred for) religious ignorance and destructive beliefs that is inappropriately focused on the core belief in God instead of the destructive beliefs themselves.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
As I have said before, the answer to 'Organizing atheists is like herding cats'

is lateral thinking; think outside the box.

'You don't need to organize cats. Put out saucers of milk and they will come running'

Even Superkatz.

If this were true we wouldn;t have obscure some science, snuff lines of logic, and only focus on a deity and all other claims are meaningless to the "atheist cause", better stated, trans' crusade against religion.

If what you said is true, you would face down all belief in the open without ever saying "that doesn't get us anywhere. You have have enough reliability that you wouldn't have to silence some beliefs. By the way ... where is this place we trying to get?

Old 04-29-2021, 07:18 PM

14 posts, read 3,740 times
We need to careful with throwing around labels like Racist, facist, etc. College campuses are littred by such ignorant talk amongst kids who have no idea what real racist, facist behavior is and who actually think people like Bill Maher are racist, facists. SJWs are wrong some to a lot of the time and over 85 percent of Americans and Europeans would agree with that point (and probaly all City Data members would agree).

Even though the right is wrong on a lot of things, a lot of it is because of ignorance. Educating them,correcting them, helping them see the light on LGBTQ issues , etc should be the way not labeling them and being rude and hateful toward them. You catch more flies with honey. I am libertarian on LGBTQ issues and abortion, whether i agree with them or not has no bearing, people legally should have a right to do them. The right needs to learn to at least be libertarian on LGBTQ issues. I am not crazy about abortion for personal reasons but without it people would be releagated to back allies and there would be more deaths.

While the right has crazy talk at times ,so do the left.
I think over 95 percent of Americans would agree that standing up to urinate isn't sexist but a lot of leftist think that junk. Population control and One Child policies will always be universally hated trash concepts that no modern society should even think of embracing. Zoophilia is a sick, disgusting thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism