Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 09:06 AM

51,220 posts, read 24,681,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Well, Phet is all grown up right? Being an administrator and all? We are responsible for our own spiritual development, nobody can do it for us, and no grandma to blame. It requires self inquiry, introspection, and some behavior therapy. Practice kindness in thoughts and deeds and speech. We will all pray for him.
You see, this is how religionists are. cb knows from my posts that I don't want people praying for me...so she will do it out of spite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 09:13 AM

16,759 posts, read 15,806,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You see, this is how religionists are. cb knows from my posts that I don't want people praying for me...so she will do it out of spite.
That strikes me as uncaring and disrespectful.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,303,839 times
Quote:
He is sneaky. The moderate poster is a facade. He needs help. Let us pray for him.
This is a religionist at its ugliest.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This is a religionist at its ugliest.
Exactly. It's an excellent example of christian privilege.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:19 AM

16,205 posts, read 7,173,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That strikes me as uncaring and disrespectful.
LOL. Oh that is rich coming to defend one who personifies the uncaring and disrespectful. He should practice kindness that Buddha teaches above everything else. Praying for Phet is an act of kindness and praying can be done only with humility.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,303,839 times
Quote:
LOL. Oh that is rich coming to defend one who personifies the uncaring and disrespectful. He should practice kindness that Buddha teaches above everything else. Praying for Phet is an act of kindness and praying can be done only with humility.
Obviously advaita teaches hatred and disrespect for others.

Just another branch of primitive fundamentalism - Eastern variety.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:38 AM

16,759 posts, read 15,806,944 times
Quote:
Phetaroi has said (more than once) that he doesn't want people praying for him. How can you possibly say that ignoring his request is an act of kindness? If you think you must pray for him in spite of his request that you don't, you should have done so silently and said nothing.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:39 AM

88,918 posts, read 85,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Exactly. It's an excellent example of christian privilege.
How so? The poster is not a Christian, as you are aware.

However, it is an excellent example of a particular TOS violation and it will stop now or action will be taken.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
It's a shame that some of the radical religionists on here (such as cb) were never aware of the old vaudeville routines. It may have been Weber & Fields who had a routine where an old Jewish man walks into a doctor's office and says, "Doctor! It hoits (hurts) when I do dis", and he raises his arm. And the doctor responds, "Den don't do dat".

Day after day we find christians and other religionists on here who whine about how they and their religion are maligned, and day after day they continue to do the things that cause them to be maligned. Even when we explain to them what we don't want them to do to us, they -- out of spite -- continue to do it...and then whine when they are again maligned.

When a person is having a bad time in life, I sometimes say to them that they will be in my meditations. If one of said, "I don't want to be in your Buddhist meditations", then I would immediately RESPECT THEIR WISHES and back off from that.

I know why religionists and particularly christians always preach to Buddhists that the Buddhist should "practice kindness" since that's what Buddhism is supposedly all about. First of all, that's not what Buddhism is all about. But the real reason they want us to be nice is because they know that the majority always wins when the minority plays nice. Be a passive Buddhist and we can steamroll right over you. Michelle Obama said that when they go low we go high; and look where that got us. Gandhi was passive; where did that get him? With 3 bullets in the chest and abdomen. It wasn't passivity that ended slavery or Jim Crow.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How so? The poster is not a Christian, as you are aware.

However, it is an excellent example of a particular TOS violation and it will stop now or action will be taken.
You're correct, but I was attaching christian and religionist privilege (it happens in any country where one religion dominates). My mistake for not explaining it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism