Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:55 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Phone number is 321-114-2121 you'll probably have to leave a message. No discounts on travel. Flying is out because no one can get their pitchforks through TSA anymore.;
Thanks, got through to one of Satan's minions but I really couldn't hear him, there was a bunch of screaming and moaning in the background. I'll try again later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 12:58 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
This is definitely starting to irritate me. First I learn from a christer (thank you RVlover) that there is an "atheist lifestyle" that I know nothing about. And now I found out from the same person that he's educated in the "field of atheism" and has actually taught it to small groups. Are these atheism classes being taught at the community college level? Can one major or get a degree in atheism?
Makes me wonder what else I don't know about atheism.
Theres quite a bit you are not familiar with when it comes to atheism. But suffice it to say from having been one for 10 years, that, it is a convenient philosophy that appeals to ones desired lifestyle choices by holding fast to incredibly absurd unproven theories masquerading as science, as ive been mentioning, in addition to the pride that comes from not giving the personal Creator of the Universe the time or his just honor, respect, and love --- the very ultimate purpose for which you were designed for. Essentially, it is a religious order of excuses and unwillingness to even look at the evidence ...despite the mantra 'if only there were evidence then id believe' . If you have a Computer in your home, the scientific evidences are a few clicks away via google ..but its imperative one stays far away from doing that . God must not be allowed a foot in the door. .

Old 08-25-2009, 01:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I sense you are very sincere when i read your post, and i admit Christian Churches have dropped the ball when it comes to answering questions . And Televangelists with their fraudulent schemes can certainly turn a person off. But, with the Internet available to the Public now, there is no reason whatsoever that a person cant get a wealth of information on the answers to tough questions raised concerning the Christian Faith and scientific evidences for Creationism. As you may have read, i came out of atheism and very gradually into Theism then a full blown Christian. I diligently sought out the answers and evidences for the Christian Faith and also put atheism/humanism to the test -- the evidence is what has led some of the most brilliant minds (lawyers, professors, medical doctors, scientists, philosophers) TO a personal Creator for the Cosmos. There are painfully FEW atheists who even have an open mind to investigate and instead already have their mind made up from the start ; then to help justify it, they resort to statements that sound like they are in authority to declare something is false and ludicrous ...when they are highly dishonest with themselves for not even seeking. I run across them constantly .

Having said that, im wondering if you still have an open enough Mind and Will to consider the scientific evidence if i were to take you to a couple of sources so you could finally get your tough questions answered ? Are you willing to give it another shot, or, have you resigned to the comfortability that being an atheist offers for ones autonomy and lifestyle ? Afterall, if there is no Creator to whom we are responsible toward morally, then virtually everything is permissable to do to maximize our fun . So, where are you now in your life ? Are you willing still ? Thanks.
Thank you for the offer, but I have had the vast majority of my questions answered and it wasn't by Christian sources.

I gave it years of shots and am always up for learning, but Christianity has not answered anything for me, it just raises more questions. You asked 'If there is no creator to whom we are responsible to morally, then virtually everything is permissable to do to maximize our fun'. That statement in itself proves you were never a true Atheist. I am responsible to my parents, my friends, humanity around me, the animals I respect, the people I respect and above all, myself. I do not maim, I try to kill as little as possible (I am not a vegan) and only to sustain myself and I abide by a Wiccan concept, which is 'First, do no harm'.

My life is amazing right now. I have a great support group of family and friends, I want for nothing, my job is great, me and my boyfriends relationship (we are both Atheists as well) is wonderful.

I did go to church quite a bit for my own reasons, and I went to MANY different denominations and types. My uncle is a Pagan leader and the Solstice celebrations they have are just wonderful. I have been to catholic churches, Buddhist and Hindu temples in many different countries, and was even able to witness a Santeria ritual.

I've always found religion to be interesting (which is why I minored in theology) but there is definitely NOT 'one true path' and I automatically distrust anyone who tells that to me.

Thank you for your concern about my path, but I seem to be following a very different one than the one you are currently on.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Theres quite a bit you are not familiar with when it comes to atheism. But suffice it to say from having been one for 10 years, that, it is a convenient philosophy that appeals to ones desired lifestyle choices by holding fast to incredibly absurd unproven theories masquerading as science, as ive been mentioning, in addition to the pride that comes from not giving the personal Creator of the Universe the time or his just honor, respect, and love --- the very ultimate purpose for which you were designed for. Essentially, it is a religious order of excuses and unwillingness to even look at the evidence ...despite the mantra 'if only there were evidence then id believe' . If you have a Computer in your home, the scientific evidences are a few clicks away via google ..but its imperative one stays far away from doing that . God must not be allowed a foot in the door. .
I've read your post about claiming to be an atheist for 10 years and then in a later post admitting that you never were. Which of the voices are you currently hearing in your head?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:06 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Thanks, got through to one of Satan's minions but I really couldn't hear him, there was a bunch of screaming and moaning in the background. I'll try again later.

Oh, that's right. Tuesday afternoon is the Thulsian Orgy. Call back after 6pm EST.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Oh, that's right. Tuesday afternoon is the Thulsian Orgy. Call back after 6pm EST.
That's a relief, I assumed they were barbecuing atheists.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
I've been an atheist for over 40 years, that's 4 times as long as you assert, then unassert, that you were, RV.

I know 4 times as much as you by your count.

That means my assertion that atheists don't believe in a god thing must be the truth.

I'll bet that most other atheists here will confirm my statement, not yours.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:39 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,060 times
Oh but why would you ever trust those filthy atheists to ever tell the truth about their beliefs? I mean to most, it may look like a cop-out to say that millions of people are lying about their beliefs but I assure you that there is a perfectly good, albeit hidden, reason they all lie so badly.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:08 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned post due to proselytizing

The God of the bible is not real. Jesus, if he existed at all, was an illiterate carpenter who didn't decide to pretend to be a God until his 30's. You have been duped. You have dedicated your life to a fairy tale and a fraud.

But I appreciate your efforts to spread your religion in the atheism forum.... oh wait a minute, no I don't.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-26-2009 at 05:04 AM..

Old 08-25-2009, 03:49 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,617 times
Moderator cut:
Orphaned - per Admin's Sticky

This sounds like such an exciting prospect! For so many years I felt as though I was missing something. After reading this post it has become clear to me that "something" is the adolescent worship of a celestial dictator. It is so saddening to think that for all these years I stood alone and without the will to succumb to the natural inclination of wanting to grovel, beg and worship an entity apparently responsible for everything that is and will be.

To think that I came so perilously close to the edge of denying that which I knew to be true is a scary thought. Considering the fact that this attention-seeking, ego-maniacal torturer of the heavens would care about me so much to, as you put it, put me into "eternal death" for not kissing his paltry feet stained with the blood of stupidity is something I am so glad I have finally given credence to.

Oh, woe is me for not seeing the reality of the little child who stands behind the veil of space and time clearly upset with my previous life choices! Oh, woe is me for not erecting signs and crosses in his name! Oh, woe is me for not thanking him for everything I own, everything I've worked so hard to achieve and everything I've done!

Failing to give credit to the "Dear Leader" that guides us through the perils of darkness is something that you have finally convinced me of with your "wall of text" betrothed in your love for a parsimonious, attention-seeking monster.

I raise my arms and wish to shout to the treetops what beautiful eloquence the "Dear Leader" has given we humans. Without our "Dear Leader," the God in heavens, how on Earth could we know what is right and what is wrong? How could we ever make a fruitful decision for ourselves and how could we fight the evil empires of capitalist free-market and free-thinking philosophies?

Oh, woe is me for not begging sooner to the despot of the outer celestia for his divine interjection and "love" on behalf of my life! Oh, woe is me for not surrendering to the "Dear Leader" my proper taxation of duties and gifts! Oh, woe is me for the absence of faith in the "Dear Leader" to properly guide the militaristic majesty of his might! Oh, woe is me for not realizing the factual treatises depicted in such powerful, clearly written, and insightful prose as those written by 1st century goatherders!

How could I have not seen the "show of force" parade in Pyongyang Square and not realized the necessity of what adoration and admiration means for such beings? Oh, what niceties await for those who grovel and beg. Perhaps even a mere tender touch from the "Dear Leader" could cure my ails and fix my faults?

I have succumbed to the fortuitous glory of my "Dear Leader" after reading your memoir. Your obviously real trials and tribulations as a past Atheist have finally touched my heart. I realize now what you speak is the truth! The mere thought of coming that close to eternal torment and torture for simple failure to worship is something that shall forever give me chills across my spine.

Now that I have seen the light thanks to your vapid eloquence, I shall forever grovel, beg, and worship the majesty of the heavens, our "Dear Leader," our despot of the heavens. I will forever hold those accountable who don't take into account the greatness of our "Dear Leader" and I will report them and pray for them. I will make sure to give them every last opportunity to repent before being sent to the gulag, the labor camp, and ultimately their untimely death.

Here, here! It's time to kiss the feet of the emperor!

Last edited by june 7th; 08-26-2009 at 05:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism