Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:51 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
It's okay moonshadow. Don't listen to the nasty little man. You post, therefore you are.....

hehe!

I had to pinch myself just to make sure I was real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 12:18 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
well, I know I don't believe a 'higher being', a creator, god exists..so whatever you call me...that's fine ...I know what and who I am.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:45 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,030,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
No, all this time you thought you were 'an atheist' , but you are not im afraid. You never were , it is impossible to be a real one, it is impossible to live daily as one considering its own tenets, you dont have the kind of Faith required to be a real one which even world reknown atheists declare an impossibility of the highest magnitude, and im afraid that youve been sold a bad bill of goods by our Culture. Respectfully, I submit that 'atheism' is in fact, an invalid professed identity. Is there anything in the above that you would like me elaborate on having studied atheism relentlessly and having come out of it myself ? Please understand that I dont have any resentment against you . Regards.
This is utterly ridiculous. I don't have any theistic beliefs, therefore I am an atheist. End of story.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:26 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,933 times
Quote:
No, all this time you thought you were 'an atheist' , but you are not im afraid. You never were , it is impossible to be a real one, it is impossible to live daily as one considering its own tenets, you dont have the kind of Faith required to be a real one which even world reknown atheists declare an impossibility of the highest magnitude, and im afraid that youve been sold a bad bill of goods by our Culture. Respectfully, I submit that 'atheism' is in fact, an invalid professed identity. Is there anything in the above that you would like me elaborate on having studied atheism relentlessly and having come out of it myself ? Please understand that I dont have any resentment against you . Regards.
Why do you keep lying and saying that you used to be an atheist? It isn't very christian of you. You clearly have no clue what an atheist is. You have had it defined for you repeatedly, yet you still don't get it. Please go away.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:17 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,060 times
Maybe the liar thinks that if he keeps insisting that we don't exist we will go away.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:07 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Moderator cut:

Orphaned post

No thank you.

I can't imagine what you get out of negating other people's beliefs but I'll leave you to it. You don't know me, you've offered nothing so far that I agree with or am prepared to subject myself to.

I'm not really sure why I'm having to listen to you pontificate and negate me in the atheist forum but **shrug** guess it's time for me to give the place a break again. Life is too short to be subjected to the likes of folks like you.

Won't stop me being who I am though. An atheist.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-24-2009 at 06:28 PM..

Old 08-24-2009, 06:03 AM

252 posts, read 660,768 times
I don't think a lot of atheists are mad. annoyed by the regular bombardment of "you're gonna burn!!!" but not mad at a god-figure. They simply don't believe in it.

Some I think are stuck though. They verbally profess their lack of belief in a god, and profess it often and loud, like they have something to prove. Some of those might be mad, some are saying it to "rebel," and some might feel the need to say it constantly to get themselves to believe it because they've had it drilled into their head that there is a god-figure and they don't want to believe it. but they do enough where they're ultra-sensitive to any opinion that differs from theirs. you know the ones I'm talking about. if you don't, you're lucky.

As for me, I don't believe in, much less am I mad at, God (big g, not little), but I sure do love to use the expressions that include his mythos!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maude Kipz View Post
I don't think a lot of atheists are mad. annoyed by the regular bombardment of "you're gonna burn!!!" but not mad at a god-figure. They simply don't believe in it.

Some I think are stuck though. They verbally profess their lack of belief in a god, and profess it often and loud, like they have something to prove. Some of those might be mad, some are saying it to "rebel," and some might feel the need to say it constantly to get themselves to believe it because they've had it drilled into their head that there is a god-figure and they don't want to believe it. but they do enough where they're ultra-sensitive to any opinion that differs from theirs. you know the ones I'm talking about. if you don't, you're lucky.

As for me, I don't believe in, much less am I mad at, God (big g, not little), but I sure do love to use the expressions that include his mythos!!!
Since atheism is so often and loudly slapped down by theists who insist that there are various good reasons to be a theist, they clearly do have something to prove. That there is no good reason to believe in any god.

All the time the majority of people believe, we have to keep on talking. Loudly. If we fall silent, the theists will have a clear field.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,956 times
If atheists are atheists fine. I could really care less and it doesn't bother me one bit as long as you don't go running around trying to 'evangelize' to people that aren't atheists. There's where I get annoyed. I don't go running around trying to spread my religion saying that yours is wrong (I know some people do though) but not everybody does that. My lack of evangelizing isn't meant to be rude, I just don't think it is nessassary. The only person I evangelize is me. If someone does think it is then I guess that is kind of sweet to do it, if you do it in a compassionate manner. Faith isn't like anything else in the world, I think you should respect everybodys. At the end of the day we're still all just humanbeings and we should try to get along and love eachother.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Im not 'lying' as for 10 adult years i was a professed atheist and tried hard to live out the lifestyle and philosophys associated with its convenience . I gave it a very good try but in light of modern scientific evidence for God , my moral conscience telling me living with an atheistic/ 'relative morals' mindset was wrong and leading me down a destructive road, and making many excuses not to give God an opening door to my life....I had to exit atheism. Such is the testimony of all who abandon atheism . Now, in reality, I agree with you that i wasnt 'a real atheist' because no one really is because its just way too much of a stretch to have the faith required that everything is accidental, without ultimate purpose, without hope, and 'natural causes' gave rise to Pond Scum turning into a 206 bone human being with a brain able to think in abstract and 250 razor edge life enabling precise Physics Constants found in our Universe which continue to give rise to us being able to live on this particular planet.

I had to be honest with myself , despite the many philosophical benefits that lifestyle atheism offers.

Lastly, I tried going away and reading my in the corner so i wouldnt be a thorn to the desired atheist , but I keep getting led back shedding light on the atheist philosophy. Thanks for inquiring.
What is this "atheist mindset" other than not believing in a god thing?
What would these lifestyles and philosophys (philosophies) be?
The only thing I have in common with other atheists is that I have no belief in a god thing, the easter bunny and sundry other mythical creatures.
What are "relative morals?"
What is "lifestyle atheism?"

The rest of your post is drivel.

I've been atheist for over 45 years and I have absolutely no idea what the heck you're talking about.
Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism