Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 03:10 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times

Advertisements

It's a sly allusion to how much evil and corruption has got into the idea that Jesus supposedly started off. It has to be Satan getting his fingers in the mix.

No, the joke has vanished. Maybe this one...

God and Moses are playing golf. Moses smacks a scorcher across the dogleg to drop on the green a foot from the hole.

"That one's mine, I think." grins Moses.

God swipes at the tee, slices, bounces off a tree and into the rough and some trees. Moses chuckles sympathetically.
Suddenly a rabbit bursts out of the copse with the ball in his mouth, heads down the fairway, but rushes off to avoid a passing tiger, and is almost struck by lightning as it reaches the green, coughs up the ball, which is lifted by a freak whirlwind and dropped into the hole.

Moses throws down his club and folds his arms.

"Well...if you're just going to muck about...."

No? Damn, you're a tough audience.

How about the nuns who hand out alms to the needy - the deaf man, the leper,, the noseless man, the dumb man, the Really dumb man, the blind man, the legless man ( I mean on crutches not smashed out of his mind) the armless..well, mostly armless.. man could announce themselves at the door and be invited in to receive charity. So two nuns were painting the walls of their place during a general refurbishment when a knock came at the door. The nuns looked at each other in horror as they had stripped off their habits so as not to get paint on, and they would have to let the supplicant go away empty -handed.

"Blind man!!" came the call.

"That's all right." said one and opening the door, let the fellow in.

"Nice bouncers," he says. "Now, where do you want these blinds put up?"

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-19-2017 at 03:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 01:18 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Wait.
I just got the joke. It's a reference to 'organised religion'.

Jesus comes up with the content. It's the devil that turns it into an 'organised religion'.

Isn't that it?
Maybe that's better an explanation than mine. I didn't see it as a pun on Organized, but Satan organized what Jesus intended to be good so it went bad.

Or maybe we laugh because it's a joke and we are expected to laugh. I recall that US Magazine had a spoof on TV shows.

"You're all going to be on TV folks - just think of that. And don't be afraid to laugh - we WANT you to laugh. And don't worry about laughing if you don't know whether something's supposed to be funny or not - we have someone to hold up a sign to TELL you when it's funny..."

And that reminds me of a story I read ooo 50 years ago (ooghhh arrghhh ) A professor of English was giving an introductory talk to a crowd of students in a certain country *koff*Japan*koff* and as it was the first class he has a translator after every para. or so.

And as an illustration of misunderstandings and to break the ice (1) he told the joke about three deaf men on the train (50 years ago racism was acceptable as humour, never mind PC about disability) and one asks. what the time is, another says, Wednesday, and the third says 'Heavens! This is where I get out.'
The translator says less than a dozen words and the class fall about laughing

Afterwards, the professor asks: 'I thought you might have trouble translating that -but how did you manage to translate into so few words?"

'I just told them -"The professor has just told a very funny joke".'

(1) Ken Hamm and Bill Nye knows, always tell a joke to start off with to get them on your side.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:12 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,106,759 times

Old 04-23-2017, 06:19 AM

Old 04-25-2017, 04:11 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,277,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's a sly allusion to how much evil and corruption has got into the idea that Jesus supposedly started off. It has to be Satan getting his fingers in the mix.

No, the joke has vanished. Maybe this one...

God and Moses are playing golf. Moses smacks a scorcher across the dogleg to drop on the green a foot from the hole.

"That one's mine, I think." grins Moses.

God swipes at the tee, slices, bounces off a tree and into the rough and some trees. Moses chuckles sympathetically.
Suddenly a rabbit bursts out of the copse with the ball in his mouth, heads down the fairway, but rushes off to avoid a passing tiger, and is almost struck by lightning as it reaches the green, coughs up the ball, which is lifted by a freak whirlwind and dropped into the hole.

Moses throws down his club and folds his arms.

"Well...if you're just going to muck about...."

No? Damn, you're a tough audience.

Jesus & Moses were playing golf. It was a par 3 over a water hazard. Moses tells Jesus he should use his 4 iron. Jesus said, "But Arnold Palmer ALWAYS uses his 6 iron." So Jesus hits the ball and it ends up in the water. Moses says, "I'm only going to do this for you once." So, Moses raises his arms and the water parts so Jesus can go out and retrieve his ball.

Back at the tee, Moses says "Now will you use the 4 iron?" Jesus says, "But Arnold Palmer ALWAYS uses the 6 iron." So Jesus hits the ball again and once again it lands in the water. Moses says, "I'm not going to help you this time." So Jesus walks out on the water until he gets the the place his ball landed. He reaches into the water, feels around and finds his ball. As he is walking back, the next group comes up to the tee and sees Jesus walking on the water and says to Moses, "Who does he think his is, Jesus Christ?" Moses replies, "No, he thinks he is Arnold Palmer."

Cat

Old 04-25-2017, 07:46 PM

Old 04-26-2017, 04:27 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times

Old 05-17-2017, 01:00 PM

7,244 posts, read 7,069,492 times
Yeah, this is true

Last edited by kab0906; 06-29-2020 at 09:22 AM..

Old 05-17-2017, 02:25 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,672,434 times
A priest and a rabbi were out in a boat. They wanted to cool off in the lake water, and having no swim trunks, they decided to skinny-dip. They swam over to shore, and were walking on the beach, when they saw a group of children from a nearby church camp. The priest quickly covered his crotch with his hands, but the priest covered his face.
"Why did you cover your face?" the priest asked.
"Because the children would recognize me by my face!"

Old 05-18-2017, 04:37 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism