Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 04:11 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,503,609 times

Advertisements

Not to be blunt, but they got what was coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 04:11 PM

823 posts, read 2,216,589 times
You lie down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas.

I have little sympathy for station owners. Sorry.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:53 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,893,802 times
Like Rackensack, I have a BP visa. I know of no reason to believe that BP is less responsible in its practices than the other big oil companies. I very much want them to stay in business so they can afford to pay for the cleanup! I'd rather pay them for gas than pay Shell or Chevron etc. for gas, then pay tax dollars to clean up the Gulf. So I'm continuing to fill up at BP.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:40 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Well most of the are in Long Term Leases, so they can't change brands even if they wanted to.
Great! Let them suffer then.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Can you post the article?
Mybad Acid. I wanted to but I post from my phone and my cut & paste option always messes up the link....mybad dude.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:01 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,533,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
All Gas comming out the pipelines is the same. Its made to 1 Standard. Gas get brand when it goes into the truck that brings it to the station. BP (Corp) is going to make the same amount of Gas, If they don't sell it under there brand they will sell it on the spot market, and it will get branded as someone elses gas.

Btw the BP station I pass every day is 2/3 cents higher then all the others around, Its also right next to a highway exit, but 99% of the people on the hiway are locals, so it pumping it up cause it next to a exit won't get them much more biz.
People don't realize this. They feel good about going to "Mom and Pop" stores or other local stations, BUT chances are they have some contract with BP, ExxonMobil, Shell, or Texaco. There aren't many oil companies in the world (it's too expensive to enter into) so you're still supporting BP whether you realize it or not. If you boycott BP, then you need to find the OTHER stations and the mutual funds that buy oil from BP as well as their stocks.

And, to those who say that the BP station owners deserve it: that is just ludicrous. You people live in a world of black and white and irrationality. The owners had no idea of the future when they signed their contracts. You need to go after the REAL crooks in executive positions who have shown to be truly incompetent. Using your bite against station owners in such a way is like taunting schoolchildren and teachers because you don't agree with school board policies. You haven't gone after the REAL problem.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,893,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
You people live in a world of black and white and irrationality.
Succinctly funny and apt although biting.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:12 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,635,340 times
For those of you boycotting BP, I hope you're also boycotting ExxonMobile: Or has enough time passed to give them a pass on the Valdez spill?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,528,025 times
Actually I have recently read that BP buys/uses the least amount of foreign oil of any of the major oil companies. I'd also like BP to be around to clean up the entire oil spill. I am angry about it as well but putting local jobs at risk is silly and short sighted.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,258,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
You lie down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas.

I have little sympathy for station owners. Sorry.
I am sure BP is saying "Thank you" anyways to you (as in, person boycotting BP stations) when you buy their oil-processed-to-gasoline that you get pumped at the non-BP station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta