Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
But really it isn't tiresome. It's much needed. There are many comments posted by juveniles on this forum that exaggerate or skew crime rates or STD rates or illiteracy rates in other cities in efforts to make Atlanta look good.

If it were really tiresome for you to read all negative posts, then I would like to see the same feigned outrage toward these other posters rather than just singling out the comments that make Atlanta look bad.

My posts are well-written, articulate and raise many valid issues that other people have found to be troubling about Atlanta. Just because it pains some on here to read them does not mean I should be intimidated into silence.
No, they really aren't. Anyone that cares to check your posting history will determine that:

1) Although you do not reside in Atlanta, your posts are almost exclusively confined to the Atlanta forum or City vs City posts that have to do with Atlanta.

2) All of said posts are designed to present the city in a negative light or to support other posts that do, which IMO makes anything you have to say about the city highly suspect.

3) All of this seems to have hinged on bad experiences that you personally had (in your formative years, I'm guessing) here. Add to this a tinge of paranoia against posters that (by and large rightfully) challenge you ie "I will not be intimidated into silence."

While I could give a fiddler's frig about what you (and some other posters) think about Atlanta (to the OP: a city totally worthy of your consideration, IMO), I do think it is doing a disservice to posters that are here to glean real and relevant information on this and other cities.
Hopefully they are astute enough to know where the truth lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 07:55 AM

439 posts, read 852,748 times
This is a relocation and city discussion forum. People will relay their experiences. Regardless of being good or bad. You do not like it? You can always block the poster. What is not right is to bulley, persecute, make this more than what it is by dramatizing. If you judge bad experiences 'negativity' I can judge your flowery lah lah Atlanta is the best city in the world an extreme unrealistic exaggeration. I will give credit where credit is due but some of you Atlantanites are radical fanatics.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 AM

657 posts, read 1,504,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
No, they really aren't. Anyone that cares to check your posting history will determine that:

1) Although you do not reside in Atlanta, your posts are almost exclusively confined to the Atlanta forum or City vs City posts that have to do with Atlanta.

2) All of said posts are designed to present the city in a negative light or to support other posts that do, which IMO makes anything you have to say about the city highly suspect.

3) All of this seems to have hinged on bad experiences that you personally had (in your formative years, I'm guessing) here. Add to this a tinge of paranoia against posters that (by and large rightfully) challenge you ie "I will not be intimidated into silence."

While I could give a fiddler's frig about what you (and some other posters) think about Atlanta (to the OP: a city totally worthy of your consideration, IMO), I do think it is doing a disservice to posters that are here to glean real and relevant information on this and other cities.
Hopefully they are astute enough to know where the truth lies.
Actually you have me pegged perfectly. I will continue to present Atlanta as I view it, not as how others want me to view it. I do not back down from bullies expecting me to toe the line. If you don't like my posts then ignore me, I will not lose any sleep over your decision. In the meantime I will exercise my right to show the "other side" of Atlanta and disentangle it from all the propaganda and nonsense that have existed for decades to lure businesses and others to the area. I repeat: if you don't want to read it, then ignore me.

Atlanta has reached unsustainable levels and is now imploding. The average homeowner or the wealthy businessperson should reconsider investing in the state of Georgia as a whole. The quality of the people moving to metro Atlanta (including their educational background) should be more important than the quantity. However the cheerleaders on here fall all over themselves to post some new population statistic, or some rumor of a new skyscraper or a 2 mile trolley line. That is misleading and sometimes the opposing viewpoint is needed (and based on the number of direct messages I receive) and welcome.

Good day!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
This is a relocation and city discussion forum. People will relay their experiences. Regardless of being good or bad. You do not like it? You can always block the poster. What is not right is to bulley, persecute, make this more than what it is by dramatizing. If you judge bad experiences 'negativity' I can judge your flowery lah lah Atlanta is the best city in the world an extreme unrealistic exaggeration. I will give credit where credit is due but some of you Atlantanites are radical fanatics.
Was I addressing you? No. And I find your propensity for calling anyone that challenges your POV a 'bully' rather juvenile. This is a forum for grown-ups, and in the real world you're going to have to engage in honest debate.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Atlanta has reached unsustainable levels and is now imploding. The average homeowner or the wealthy businessperson should reconsider investing in the state of Georgia as a whole.
This is the kind of baseless hyperbole of which I speak.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
Quote:
Actually you have me pegged perfectly. I will continue to present Atlanta as I view it, not as how others want me to view it. I do not back down from bullies expecting me to toe the line. If you don't like my posts then ignore me, I will not lose any sleep over your decision. In the meantime I will exercise my right to show the "other side" of Atlanta and disentangle it from all the propaganda and nonsense that have existed for decades to lure businesses and others to the area. I repeat: if you don't want to read it, then ignore me.

Atlanta has reached unsustainable levels and is now imploding. The average homeowner or the wealthy businessperson should reconsider investing in the state of Georgia as a whole. The quality of the people moving to metro Atlanta (including their educational background) should be more important than the quantity. However the cheerleaders on here fall all over themselves to post some new population statistic, or some rumor of a new skyscraper or a 2 mile trolley line. That is misleading and sometimes the opposing viewpoint is needed (and based on the number of direct messages I receive) and welcome.

Good day!
\

Great! Im doing the same in the DC threads. We have to balance it out. Im telling everybody about the HIV rate, horrible crime, high cost of living, etc

Old 10-18-2010, 08:18 AM

439 posts, read 852,748 times
I do not care who you were addressing, much less of your condenscending remarks. You are not better than anyone else. Let us stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Was I addressing you? No. And I find your propensity for calling anyone that challenges your POV a 'bully' rather juvenile. This is a forum for grown-ups, and in the real world you're going to have to engage in honest debate.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I do not care who you were addressing, much less of your condenscending remarks. You are not better than anyone else. Let us stay on topic.
If only some would heed their own advice...

Old 10-18-2010, 08:44 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Atlanta has reached unsustainable levels and is now imploding. The average homeowner or the wealthy businessperson should reconsider investing in the state of Georgia as a whole.
Says the person that resides in a metro totally propped up by an artificial economy that we all pay for.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
This is a relocation and city discussion forum. I will give credit where credit is due but some of you Atlantanites are radical fanatics.
Then perhaps you should start acting like it. Your posts over the last several days paint a totally different picture.

And what exactly is an Atlantanite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta