Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM

957 posts, read 3,357,875 times

Advertisements

Damn this is interesting. Thanks for the link RainyRainyDay....

Forsyth 30097 is St. Marlo Country Club. Did the median home price there really go up to $662,000 in 2010 from $555,000 in 2009.

As you guys can see there are parts of Atlanta holding up well and other parts that are absolutely getting slaughtered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM

PeachStateHomeGal.

Do you some data for the median home price and units sold for St. Marlo Country Club for 2011?

It would be interesting to compare to last years data.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:26 PM

747 posts, read 1,544,811 times
Did anyone hear about the real estate "Ring of Death" that supposedly surrounds Atlanta?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:32 PM

397 posts, read 843,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
you sure about that ?

zip code 30004 is down 1/2% Month over Month and 1.9% Year over Year.

Milton, Roswell, Johns Creek, and Sandy Springs are in the green (barely) Year over Year.

Alpharetta just turned red Year over Year....... as for the rest of Atlanta..... there is some serious blood in the streets. It does not look pretty.
My comment was about 2010 - 2011. That stats from the AJC end in 2010 right?

My part of 30004 is in Milton.

Zillow shows the neighborhood up a little year over year if you believe their #s.

My # came from an appraisal for a refi and it was about 8% higher that a year ago.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,523 times
Real Estate Expert Dubs Area 'Ring Of Death' - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Here's a report on the Ring of Death

Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 PM

Ddawk,

Sorry I didn't know that 30004 is in Milton. Yup, Milton is definitely one of the cities in the green and the most expensive city in Northern Atlanta.

If i had a million dollars to place a bet on the future... Milton would definitely be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
My comment was about 2010 - 2011. That stats from the AJC end in 2010 right?

My part of 30004 is in Milton.

Zillow shows the neighborhood up a little year over year if you believe their #s.

My # came from an appraisal for a refi and it was about 8% higher that a year ago.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:31 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,539,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
Did anyone hear about the real estate "Ring of Death" that supposedly surrounds Atlanta?
Sounds like Slayer covering a Johnny Cash song...in other words, awesome.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:03 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,536,422 times

Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 PM

256 posts, read 750,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I think that is fantastic news. This means an end to urban sprawl as we know it.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 PM

16,702 posts, read 29,537,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Springs Rep. View Post
I think that is fantastic news. This means an end to urban sprawl as we know it.
I don't see the Ring of Death as a bad thing for the outer suburban counties/Metro Atlanta. This reality can be turned into a supreme positive. Let me explain...

1. It will take time, but all currently available lots/neighborhoods will eventually get built out. The key is that the areas/counties should not issue any new home-building permits--even when (or if) the economy picks up. It may take years--a decade or two even. Other builders/developers/individuals will have to chime in as necessary/needed to build on the lots (there will be still be people who like the area and want a brand new home...or a home they can build for themselves). I can imagine these neighborhoods/lots developing organically with homes from different eras together in a neighborhood. Kind of like what you see in inner suburbs and more central areas. Again, the key is that no new home-building permits should be issued.

2. Part Two: These outer counties should re-define themselves as semi-rural suburbs (not as the "Next Cobb," the "Next Gwinnett" or the "Next North Fulton," etc.) Semi-rural suburbs are appealing for a lot people and would be good option for those that want it. It would also be good for Metro Atlanta (more variety of living options). No one said that the outer counties had to follow the suburban developmental pattern of the mid-distance suburbs. Let the outer counties have their own unique "semi-rural suburban status" in Metro Atlanta. Semi-rural suburban tranquality+ beauty with urban amenities not too far away.

Moreover, when you drive around many mid-distance suburbs, you will find neighborhoods that were developed well before most of the other neighborhoods. These older neighborhoods were sittin' just fine for a very long time as semi-rural suburbs in Metro Atlanta. When these areas were developed in the late 50's to the late 60's (I'm talking more about East Cobb, North Fulton, and Gwinnett--not DeKalb, which was booming at the time), I'm sure the developers and the people that moved there had no idea that the areas would boom so much in the 1980's--putting them in the midst of a suburban/urban landscape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta