Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,629,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Online dating is working in the white community but not in the African American community
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 11:48 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,041,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Why?
Idk....a.radio show was talking about this a few months back. I don't know the exact reason but I think in general that white.people are.more open to online dating than us.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:50 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,629,618 times
Quote:
Idk....a.radio show was talking about this a few months back. I don't know the exact reason but I think in general that white.people are.more open to online dating than us.
Hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder why that would be. Might post the question on my blog. Now that you mention it though, all the women I know who met their husbands online are married interracially. So I guess that makes sense. Maybe the OP is open to interracial dating and can meet a partner that way.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:52 AM

85 posts, read 187,386 times
Oh the call of an ATL female!

Welcome to Maxim's top rated city for single men! There are roughly 40k more women than men, but many eligible men.

All depends WHAT you are shopping for, ATL has all sorts of different personality Districts.

Midtown is going to be mostly young professionals. EAV/Little 5 Points/Virginia Highlands are varying flavor of hipsters. Decatur is a little of half and half. Buckhead is where old money lives, and young money acts like douchebags. I'm not a real big fan of Buckhead, I prefer the just as fashionable, but less pretentious Midtown.

I have no issues meeting professional, stylish, women in Midtown. I'm not really into hipsters as we don't really have them in Dallas, so when I came out here I love high fashion and the women who wear it..Midtown fit that card perfectly!!

Depending how geeky you are, Reddit.com/r/Atlanta has LOADS of activities every week, from 2 trivia nights, a hockey watching night, and usually a monthly pub crawl in different area's.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:56 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,904,484 times
I know quite a few married couples who met online, but all are uniformly white. It hadn't crossed my mind to think of online dating from a race or cultural perspective (I suspect like most racial differences this is really about culture, not skin color) but now that you mention it, it's interesting. I don't think any Asians of my acquaintance met partners online either.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetter2 View Post
Oh the call of an ATL female!

Welcome to Maxim's top rated city for single men! There are roughly 40k more women than men, but many eligible men.

All depends WHAT you are shopping for, ATL has all sorts of different personality Districts.

Midtown is going to be mostly young professionals. EAV/Little 5 Points/Virginia Highlands are varying flavor of hipsters. Decatur is a little of half and half. Buckhead is where old money lives, and young money acts like douchebags. I'm not a real big fan of Buckhead, I prefer the just as fashionable, but less pretentious Midtown.

I have no issues meeting professional, stylish, women in Midtown. I'm not really into hipsters as we don't really have them in Dallas, so when I came out here I love high fashion and the women who wear it..Midtown fit that card perfectly!!

Depending how geeky you are, Reddit.com/r/Atlanta has LOADS of activities every week, from 2 trivia nights, a hockey watching night, and usually a monthly pub crawl in different area's.
the city of Atlanta has 3k more women, not

Old 12-14-2011, 12:25 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,591,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Why?
Many reasons.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:42 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,591,689 times
Quote:
Atlanta metro has over 2.4 million men. If you cant find one to marry you then you may have to evaluate your life
Lol thats a lot of Dudes

Old 12-14-2011, 02:28 PM

9 posts, read 27,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
Post a picture of yourself or pm it to me.
Sorry - no can do. I prefer to keep a certain level of anonymity on this site. And no, that doesn't mean I am unattractive. However, I will say that more than a handful of people have mentioned that I remind them of Sandra Bullock - not a dead ringer, but similar features .... and taller.

Quote:
I see your expectations. Let's see if u have the qualities men r looking for. Do u cook? Of so how.often? If both of you r looking will u cook dinner? Do u use sex as a weapon? Do u have kids? What do u.bring to the table?
Yes, I do cook. I cook several nights per week. And I will gladly cook dinner for a date - and my dates have always enjoyed the meals I have prepared. I have no kids and no debt. And I don't use sex as a weapon. What do I bring to a table? A stable personality, a kind heart, an adventurous spirit, an attractive shell and an educated mind.

But after spending the past couple of days thinking about this thread and my dating history, I have come to realize that I am a big part of the problem. I am shy - initially, anyway - and would much rather have the guy approach me and initiate the conversation. I also have a certain amount of insecurity when it comes to approaching guys. Oh, who am I kidding? I have a lot of insecurity when it comes to approaching guys.

Anyway, I know I have things I need to work on - more self confidence is one of them, as well as projecting a more approachable demeanor when I am in public. I will work on both and hopefully find a more productive and enjoyable dating life here in Atlanta. Onward and upward!

Old 12-14-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanda123 View Post
Sorry - no can do. I prefer to keep a certain level of anonymity on this site. And no, that doesn't mean I am unattractive. However, I will say that more than a handful of people have mentioned that I remind them of Sandra Bullock - not a dead ringer, but similar features .... and taller.

Yes, I do cook. I cook several nights per week. And I will gladly cook dinner for a date - and my dates have always enjoyed the meals I have prepared. I have no kids and no debt. And I don't use sex as a weapon. What do I bring to a table? A stable personality, a kind heart, an adventurous spirit, an attractive shell and an educated mind.

But after spending the past couple of days thinking about this thread and my dating history, I have come to realize that I am a big part of the problem. I am shy - initially, anyway - and would much rather have the guy approach me and initiate the conversation. I also have a certain amount of insecurity when it comes to approaching guys. Oh, who am I kidding? I have a lot of insecurity when it comes to approaching guys.

Anyway, I know I have things I need to work on - more self confidence is one of them, as well as projecting a more approachable demeanor when I am in public. I will work on both and hopefully find a more productive and enjoyable dating life here in Atlanta. Onward and upward!
gotcha. Build up your self esteem by buying some new clothes and.getting your hair.did. I feel like a new person when I get a haircut and have on some new clothes. Another thing, learn how up strike up friendly conversation with guys. If u r at a sports bar, ask the guys a dumb football question. If u r at home depot, ask someone if they can help u,etc. You are.missing out on valuable friendships by being shy. About half of my friends I have now are my friends because they started a conversation with me and I asked for the number afterwards. One last.thing, when u r out with your girls do not hang with them the entire.night. most guys like approaching women that are by themselves so that we do not have to worry about any hating friends u may have. Learn how to smile.at guys. That will help. Even just saying good morning will help you. Remember u r not macking on the guys, u r just setting up the initial conversation, he will.still ask for your number if he is.interested. sorry for any mispellings, I'm typing on my phone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta