Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,803,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I don't know about you bro, but I'm literally just waiting on the call(letter? email?) to pack my bags and move on. I'm sorry you have to stay here, but keep up the good work of defending Atlanta from valid criticisms and ignoring the obvious.

Honestly, there aren't a lot of spectacularly amazing places. By that I guess I mean a lot of things: stunning beauty, unique culture, etc. I never said Atlanta wasn't nice in some respects. It just isn't anything special. If it wasn't the closest reasonably large city to where I grew up(and where my family still lives) I doubt I'd have ended up here.
Being "Special" is relative to who is answering that question.So Im just curious,where would it be if you had your choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
So many Negative Nancies on here. Atlanta has the potential to be totally worldclass; Seriously, it does.

The problem is...No one votes!!!!

And if they do, they only vote in the primaries and not the midterms.

Too much of the so-called "Silent majority" or the "moderates" want to just sit on their bums and unfortunately allow others to speak for them. And the people who do vote are the fanatical wackjobs who seem insistent that the Final Caliphate is gearing up to conquer them or the Dixiecrats who still can't accept that their grandads were righteously beaten to a pulp back in 1865.

Folks need to realize the ramifications of not voting. But of course, our stupid muthafriggin' corporate media won't step up to do the job of educating them on this tragic error in judgement.

Finally, you folks can "escape" Atlanta if you want to. But this nonsense is like a virus...it spreads all over the U.S.A. All we have to do is look at how Mayor Bloomberg has went all police-state on the Occupy Wall-Street protestors and it's fairly obvious that the money-changers have bought out everyone.

For myself, I'd rather deal with the devil known as the "southern strategy" in his home territory, the deepsouth.

If I can beat the devil here, I can beat him anywhere!
Did you go to divinity school?Because YOU are preachin tonight!!!LOL

Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
North Carolina, consistently the 6th most desirable state. Re-affirms my opinion of my home state.
Dont open up a can a worms....

Old 11-10-2011, 08:51 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,344,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
This comes to mind:
The picture isn't showing.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,069,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
So many Negative Nancies on here. Atlanta has the potential to be totally worldclass; Seriously, it does.

The problem is...No one votes!!!!

And if they do, they only vote in the primaries and not the midterms.

Too much of the so-called "Silent majority" or the "moderates" want to just sit on their bums and unfortunately allow others to speak for them. And the people who do vote are the fanatical wackjobs who seem insistent that the Final Caliphate is gearing up to conquer them or the Dixiecrats who still can't accept that their grandads were righteously beaten to a pulp back in 1865.

Folks need to realize the ramifications of not voting. But of course, our stupid muthafriggin' corporate media won't step up to do the job of educating them on this tragic error in judgement.

Finally, you folks can "escape" Atlanta if you want to. But this nonsense is like a virus...it spreads all over the U.S.A. All we have to do is look at how Mayor Bloomberg has went all police-state on the Occupy Wall-Street protestors and it's fairly obvious that the money-changers have bought out everyone.

For myself, I'd rather deal with the devil known as the "southern strategy" in his home territory, the deepsouth.

If I can beat the devil here, I can beat him anywhere!
I agree. The United States just needs to allow online voting already! I think just about everyone out there would vote if that were the case eliminating the silent majority.

Picture this:
-You go to GA.gov/vote
-it takes you to a servey-like page except it has all of the issues up for vote on the current ballot
-you input your vote similar to city data polls
-click "submit" and confirm your votes
-go to the kitchen, crack open a beer and call it a day!

If we can renew our vehicle registrations and drivers liscenses online, we should be able to vote online too.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,062,786 times
I hope the recent alcohol vote helps wake some people up.

I mean, how utterly pathetic is it that our elected officials were able to keep something down for so long when in almost every case, it won by a 75% margin, and in a lot of cases, much more?

I bet if you made a gambling referendum you'd see similar results.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,092,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
I agree. The United States just needs to allow online voting already! I think just about everyone out there would vote if that were the case eliminating the silent majority.
Doing such a thing securely in the current technical environment is not as easily managed as you might think.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:02 AM

6,561 posts, read 12,057,994 times
In that poll, Atlanta is also on both the least and most desirable places to live, but near the bottom of both. In other words, Atlanta is more like purgatory than like heaven or hell. Despite the direction Atlanta has been heading for the last 5 years, I still think it is one of the MOST desirable places to live in the United States (the better places are in other countries). Most problems that Atlanta has can be found in any American city. It still has potential to be something great, a world class city. Two things that need to improve: Lower the crime rate and expand the public transportation system.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:04 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Being "Special" is relative to who is answering that question.So Im just curious,where would it be if you had your choice?
I'd prefer to live a lot of other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Best thing I've read here in a loooong time. Just sorry it took so long.

It's time to go out and realize the grass isn't always greener. Good luck with that.
The grass IS actually greener is some aspects that are important to me in other places. I know this because I have lived in a lot of different areas. Why do you get so freakin' defensive?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:08 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,370,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
The grass IS actually greener is some aspects that are important to me in other places. I know this because I have lived in a lot of different areas. Why do you get so freakin' defensive?
Because in my humble opinion your negativity is over the freakin' top, and has been for quite some time. It's old and tired at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta