Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 PM

3,711 posts, read 5,991,928 times

Advertisements

Protesting in south downtown on a Saturday is complete fail. Might as well choose to protest in the parking lot of an abandoned shopping center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,312,458 times
I just wish that some of these Tea Party protestors would layoff on the Rush Limbaugh/Neal Boortz kool-aid for a minute and realize that their middle class privileges are just as much under a threat of being revoked by the moneychangers as everyone else's.

We should all be fighting against un-free trade agreements and corporate personhood. The Tea-Partiers are not immune from the madness...what is up with this insane human desire of a person to want be excepted from the rules, even when their reality shows otherwise?

Tea Party protestors; please...PLEASE pull your collective heads out of your sphincters and join us, the 99%!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:14 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,138,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Protesting in south downtown on a Saturday is complete fail. Might as well choose to protest in the parking lot of an abandoned shopping center.
Not if the news media show up. And if it is a slow news day...they probably will.

All this "Occupy (insert name)" would have amounted to nothing if the news media didn't report on it. In Atlanta, they were just a bunch of people camped out on about an acre of Woodruff park. The news media made what they did matter.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:19 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
Quote:
I just wish that some of these Tea Party protestors would layoff on the Rush Limbaugh/Neal Boortz kool-aid for a minute and realize that their middle class privileges are just as much under a threat of being revoked by the moneychangers as everyone else's.
Yeah, Rush ain't broke and doesn't care about anyone who isn't donating to his cause.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:40 PM

210 posts, read 455,270 times
Well, it turns out that I have to work on Saturday, so I can only be there for about 45 minutes...shouldn't be too hard though. I've already started making my sign > : D

Old 11-12-2011, 11:48 AM

454 posts, read 821,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

We should all be fighting against un-free trade agreements and corporate personhood. The Tea-Partiers are not immune from the madness...what is up with this insane human desire of a person to want be excepted from the rules, even when their reality shows otherwise?

Tea Party protestors; please...PLEASE pull your collective heads out of your sphincters and join us, the 99%!!!
That would take some intelligence, sorely lacking with The Tea Party.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:49 AM

454 posts, read 821,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillemeister View Post
Well, it turns out that I have to work on Saturday, so I can only be there for about 45 minutes...shouldn't be too hard though. I've already started making my sign > : D
Use short words otherwise they won't know your not one of them

Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,263,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizurko View Post
Oh, believe me I feel the same way about Occupy (the lazy commie scum). It doesn't change the fact that they're protesting just to protest. If your gonna protest, do it about something that is worthwhile. The transportation tax will help with the ease of traffic, maybe not fix it but it'll help, and the occupiers just want to take money someone else worked for, I equate them to thieves and lazy individuals who didn't want to put in the time and effort to acheive whet they are requesting.
LOL, stereotype and demonize much?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:39 PM

559 posts, read 832,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

Come on, Acid. When are you guys going to learn? Rush is an entertainer that pushes republican politics. Most tea partiers despise both parties and formed their existence ONLY because of disgust w/ Bush's 2nd term.

Not a tea partier myself, but the ones I know joined the movement ONLY because they were too embarrassed to be called a republican (like Rush) after 2004-2008. That's a fact.

Boortz is a libertarian, which probably fits most tea partiers more accurately.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM

635 posts, read 1,510,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
LOL, stereotype and demonize much?
Lol... only where it's due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta