Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 08:17 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,908,213 times

Advertisements

Cause criminals live in your neighborhood too.
I will enjoy living intown and showing my kids how hardwork pays off.
Your more likely to die in a car crash than murdered in Atlanta so bless your heart.
Sprawl is a real issue. If you don't think it needs to be controlled then your plain crazy. We are destroying our natural areas for blank, cookie cutter subdivisions and strip malls .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:27 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,417,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Probably- just not in the same quantity as in yours.

Quote:
How does living intown translate to "hardwork paying off"? That's a pretty bizarre statement.

Quote:
Your more likely to die in a car crash than murdered in Atlanta so bless your heart.
No need to "bless my heart"- what are you- an 85-year-old grandmother now??

Quote:
Sprawl is a real issue. If you don't think it needs to be controlled then your plain crazy. We are destroying our natural areas for blank, cookie cutter subdivisions and strip malls .
I guess I'm just nuts then, what can I say?

Gotta run- gotta get in my car and head over to McDonalds, and then maybe run past Walmart......

Old 06-19-2012, 08:39 AM

Nope just a polite way of telling you to go procreate with yourself. Just saying sprawl has contributed to environmental degradation.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Nope just a polite way of telling you to go procreate with yourself.
If I could, I'd never leave the house....

Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,212,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Gotta run- gotta get in my car and head over to McDonalds, and then maybe run past Walmart......
Yes, because that's all people who live outside the perimeter do. We eat fast food and then shop at bargain retail stores. It's great that inner cities and other urban areas don't have McDonalds or KFC or other fast foods, and they certainly would never entertain an evil Walmart. Of course we all know that every restaurant that is built inside the perimeter must conform to the "locally owned private restaurant that serves fresh, healthy, and locally produced foods" requirement. It's great to see the poor of Atlanta eating soy grown on Georgia farms.

What's funny is that the stereotype you seem to believe about suburbia is actually more true for the poor and inner city folks. Ever notice who McDonald's is targeting with their advertising, and where their billboard advertising is located? I don't think "I'm lovin' it" was targeted at soccer moms. Just sayin.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Yes, because that's all people who live outside the perimeter do. We eat fast food and then shop at bargain retail stores. It's great that inner cities and other urban areas don't have McDonalds or KFC or other fast foods, and they certainly would never entertain an evil Walmart. Of course we all know that every restaurant that is built inside the perimeter must conform to the "locally owned private restaurant that serves fresh, healthy, and locally produced foods" requirement. It's great to see the poor of Atlanta eating soy grown on Georgia farms.

What's funny is that the stereotype you seem to believe about suburbia is actually more true for the poor and inner city folks. Ever notice who McDonald's is targeting with their advertising, and where their billboard advertising is located? I don't think "I'm lovin' it" was targeted at soccer moms. Just sayin.
Neil, Neil, Neil......you obviously missed the sarcasm in my post if you're directing your comments at me......

Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:

This ain't portlandia where we check to make sure the chicken is local, we have popeyes and churches chicken too. Y'all just crazy , no one ever said that except y'all suburabites.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,887,763 times
Quote:
You ignored his point.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:24 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,887,763 times
Quote:

So targeting black people means they are targeting poor people?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,168,519 times
Quote:
This ain't portlandia where we check to make sure the chicken is local, we have popeyes and churches chicken too. Y'all just crazy , no one ever said that except y'all suburabites.
But McDonald's is right here in town, so that makes it local.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta