Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,877,908 times

Advertisements

#1 area in atlanta that is the roughest is the bluff. it's worse than anything else in the entire metro area, times ten. if you're a photographer looking to take pictures or something, i would really advise against it.

for rough looking trailer parks, i've got a place that beats the one listed above:

Google Maps

also, the entire area around jonesboro road in lakewood:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.70411...40.53,,0,-0.98

immediately around campbellton road, and cleveland avenue on the part east of the city of east point *looks* rough, but mainly because the shopping plazas and such are just old.

if you want to see something interesting, there are old shopping plazas around norcross on buford highway and whatnot where all the signs are in korean— it isn't a really rough area though.

pittsburgh and mechanicsville are pretty rough crimewise, but they don't approach the bluff in terms of just out-and-out third worldness.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
Anyone who is reading this thread is laughing. One or two "nice houses" doesn't make an area. Don't come crying to me.
you still haven't answered my question that i posed to you in the argument you supposedly "won". have you ever even been to downtown east point and downtown college park?

Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,661,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
you still haven't answered my question that i posed to you in the argument you supposedly "won". have you ever even been to downtown east point and downtown college park?
I have. Many times. I live downtown. You're in painful denial. That whole area is the gutter of Atlanta. Reeks of crime, a lack of education and utter poverty.

South/west Atlanta is an embarrassment. I'm sorry if you live there. Bankhead? CLAYTON COUNTY?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I don't think Atlanta has any trailer parks?? I've never seen any.
There is actually a very large trailer park on Jonesboro Road in South Atlanta. Aside from that, I agree with other posters, there aren't many in ATL. That one is pretty big though, and very poor. Demographics wise, I believe it is mostly hispanics who live there.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
I have. Many times. I live downtown. You're in painful denial. That whole area is the gutter of Atlanta. Reeks of crime, a lack of education and utter poverty.

South/west Atlanta is an embarrassment. I'm sorry if you live there. Bankhead? CLAYTON COUNTY?

bankhead is in northwest atlanta. clayton county is southeast of atlanta. for all we know, you could've been in alabama instead of east point.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,730 times
Quote:

for rough looking trailer parks, i've got a place that beats the one listed above:

Google Maps
Sorry, Bryan already mentioned that trailer park I was thinking about above. Agreed, it looks very rough, but I don't think it's actually that bad, crime wise.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,062,786 times
This is the trailer area I was thinking about: duluth, ga - Google Maps

I'm not exactly sure what kind of people live there. I just assume it's not dangerous because it is literally only separated by the police department headquarters by a fence.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
Quote:
Shhh! East Pointers like everyone to think it's a scary hellhole like out of some movie. It keeps the hipsters and Walmart out.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 PM

106 posts, read 232,529 times
Anyone know of any impoverished areas that are not widely known? For example, "The Bluff" has a huge reputation but I'm curious to know if there are any places you guys know of, that aren't widely talked about...

I didn't even know Trailer Parks existed in Atlanta til today, haha, what else you guys got?

Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
This is the trailer area I was thinking about: duluth, ga - Google Maps

I'm not exactly sure what kind of people live there. I just assume it's not dangerous because it is literally only separated by the police department headquarters by a fence.
there's another place like this directly inside the forsyth county line in alpharetta— it's well hidden from the street but it is not very nice:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pine+ridge+alpharetta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta