Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 AM

242 posts, read 842,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
For what its worth, you can't just look at the sex offender registries and note the number of white males... simple stats...
I was using it to make a point, it was fresh in my mind because I had just checked my email and got an update from the sex offenders register. I assure you I am not that naive.

Some of the comments made here are very backward and shameful and no matter how much is said on here those people will not change overnight. For those of us that are open-minded towards others and intelligent, let's go out there and be good examples of our race (whatever you are)to others. That is the only way to ensure that our kids will live in a more peaceful, respectful and united society.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 AM

387 posts, read 1,593,857 times
But what point exactly were you trying to make? It's known that males overwhelmingly commit more sex crimes than females. White males make up the majority of men in the United States; just based on population, it would make sense that white males comprise a large portion of the sex offender registries... breaking it down by % of pop would make for a slightly better "argument".

Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM

And I think the defining issue for race relations in the U.S. will be immigration and illegal immigration. For the most part (barring the very sick, demented psychopaths like Gary Michael Hilton), there is a cycle to the violent crime - regardless of race. Having millions of uneducated, poor, monolingual immigrants crossing the border in the years to come will not help the current situation in the U.S.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:59 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxd.Brit View Post
I was using it to make a point, it was fresh in my mind because I had just checked my email and got an update from the sex offenders register. I assure you I am not that naive.

Some of the comments made here are very backward and shameful and no matter how much is said on here those people will not change overnight. For those of us that are open-minded towards others and intelligent, let's go out there and be good examples of our race (whatever you are)to others. That is the only way to ensure that our kids will live in a more peaceful, respectful and united society.
Yes you are right on point with that last statement.There has to be systematic equality for all.That means in the schools,the courts and in corporate America before much can happen.But its amazing what the power of one loud voice can do to get the ball rolling.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGal05 View Post
ok so i have been reading what you all are talking about and I would like to add my input.
I am not from GA but I would someday like to move to Fort Valley. I know everyone on here would like to make their point and you have but, after reading all this, its kinda like you are going back and forth about nothing. I am white and i am very proud to be white, but you are pointing out things that dont really matter in the end. Like ok lets say some big black guy comes and rapes some white girl. Well what happends when a big white guy rapes some black girl? Is it still the same? I live in Indianapolis,IN I work with blacks and i went to school with blacks. I have noticed that being in school and working with blacks is totally different. When i was in school it was all about what side of town you are from..they always faught, but they weren't nice. They all had an attitude. So why should i be nice to people who dont want to be nice to me. I am a pretty nice person all the way around. I haven't done anything to anyone to make them not like me. So when I did get into a fight with a black girl it was bcause she didnt want to give me room in the hallway so i bumped into her. Thats stupid. But at work, working with older people, they dont act that way. Yea there are a few but i dont talk to them. Its just stupid because we both are trying to prove a point that can't be proven. No one is better than anyone.
---Adding this----Would Fort Valley be a bad place to live? There is a plantation house there i want to rebuild and live in. Would i get bothered?
I am a graduate of Fort Valley State University.My great uncle was on of the founders.My dad went to undergrad there and later worked the.I spent many weekends at football games and other events.It was a horrible city!!After they hired a Ivy League northern born Mayor,the town has really done a 360degree turn.The mostly older white folks are working with the leaders of the historically black university to promote the town and university.Before it was a us versus them mentality.The downtown is very small but beautiful and quaint.Before it was run down no new stores (except a Burger King and a small hotel)had open id say in almost a 2 decades.City had and may still have the crown for the worst S.T.D. rate in the state.We were told do not sleep with the locals!!
There is a sense of optimism and working together that never used to be there.The University is undergoing major expansions,the chronically high drug use and crime has been cut drastically.I used to hate that city.I must admit they have come a long way.They have a treasure trove of nice old historic homes.Wven some black live in the historic section along whites now!!Well I cannot tell you to move there or not to move there,but i hope that my words give you one perspective.Good Luck with your decision.Let me know what you decide.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM

125 posts, read 426,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I am a graduate of Fort Valley State University.My great uncle was on of the founders.My dad went to undergrad there and later worked the.I spent many weekends at football games and other events.It was a horrible city!!After they hired a Ivy League northern born Mayor,the town has really done a 360degree turn.The mostly older white folks are working with the leaders of the historically black university to promote the town and university.Before it was a us versus them mentality.The downtown is very small but beautiful and quaint.Before it was run down no new stores (except a Burger King and a small hotel)had open id say in almost a 2 decades.City had and may still have the crown for the worst S.T.D. rate in the state.We were told do not sleep with the locals!!
There is a sense of optimism and working together that never used to be there.The University is undergoing major expansions,the chronically high drug use and crime has been cut drastically.I used to hate that city.I must admit they have come a long way.They have a treasure trove of nice old historic homes.Wven some black live in the historic section along whites now!!Well I cannot tell you to move there or not to move there,but i hope that my words give you one perspective.Good Luck with your decision.Let me know what you decide.
Thank you so much! But what other city is close to Fort Valley? I would like to move in the house, but i dont want to be around that kind of enviroment. Is the other cities like that one?

Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM

242 posts, read 842,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
But what point exactly were you trying to make? It's known that males overwhelmingly commit more sex crimes than females. White males make up the majority of men in the United States; just based on population, it would make sense that white males comprise a large portion of the sex offender registries... breaking it down by % of pop would make for a slightly better "argument".
The point was that Seh (I forgot the rest of the screen name) was going to tell his/her daughter to steer clear off all black men entirely due to the hate crimes they commit on white women and yet figures show that this child should be looking out for white males too. The fact that there are more white males than black in the population just supports my point. Sexual predators, murderers, thieves are NOT confined to a specific race, therefore telling your child that is setting them up for failure..

Old 03-20-2008, 06:06 PM

78 posts, read 184,735 times
Default To Everyone Who Has Posted...

Wow... the government has really done it's job! I must applaud them. They have systematically brainwashed and manipulated the American public by showing only certain news stories and images on TV so that we are all terrified of each other and spend hours dialoguing about the race issues.

You need to focus on what's real, people! We have an election coming up. A white man, and black man and a white woman. This is groundbreaking! But don't get caught up over race - you need to realize that it's just a smoke screen. We need to think clearly here and elect the best person for the job. Stop comparing which race has more people on death row or on the pedafile list. That's what the media and the government wants you to do. Because while we're all bickering, and "looking over our shoulders at suspicious people" and defining exactly who is and is not racist - they are committing worse crimes than any one of us could imagine. And we're funding their atrocities!

I am a white woman who has worked in predominantly black schools for 13 years. I could sit here and rattle off just about every profile you want on every race to burst your little stereotype bubble. Black kids who are gentle, well-spoken, and as smart as Einstein - violent white kids who I am afraid of shooting me when I yell at them - Latino students who speak three or four languages and want to work for the United Nations - southern kids, northern kids, Jamaican kids, Buddhist kids, cross-dressing kids, blind kids, Latino kids who escaped communism in Venezuela, black kids whose mothers are politicians, white kids whose mothers can't spell "politician"... I could go on forever.

WE'RE ALL THE SAME! We all love our children, we all bleed, and we all fear for our safety. But the powers that be have convuluted our thoughts so that we don't realize that the true dividing line in this country is MONEY and POWER. And if you're posting on this site, I would imagine you don't have either. I'm not talking about making $650,000 a year, I'm talking about, to quote Chris Rock, the guy who owns the color "blue"! He's the guy controlling the country, putting fear into your hearts and minds so that we're all caught up in the race issue. It's so petty and destructive. Get right with God, truly ask yourself "what would Jesus do?" (because you know he was sitting down with ALL KINDS of crazy people - with nothing but love for his fellow man) and voice your concerns at the polls this November. Half of you complaining on this forum probably won't even make it out to vote. Stop hating each other, and start attacking the people that are CAUSING us to hate each other. I'm a history teacher. I know our past SUCKS! But you can't change it by hating your fellow Americans.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:55 PM

yea, man...

Old 03-20-2008, 08:59 PM

642 posts, read 2,219,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
I don't know very many fellow white males who have the desire to date a black female, or let alone a non-white female. I'm sure there's a couple, however.
It might alter your prespective if you had any acquaintances outside of the Klan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta